[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eating Thrown Out Food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: food.jpg (78 KB, 634x492) Image search: [Google]
food.jpg
78 KB, 634x492
So I work in an office building. I make good money, food at the house but sometimes I walk by trash cans and see great stuff left. Just today the garbage can by the door had what looked like a hefty BK bag and wouldn't you know there was a medium fry, most of a nugget 10 piece and an unopened honey mustard. Score!

I've gotten all kind of stuff just out of my office, chinese food, chicken wings, halves of burgers. I'm thinking of expanding out into public but I don't want people to see me, any tips?
>>
>>7176524
You're a fucking Darwin Award waiting to happen.
>>
File: 1432774986956.jpg (500 KB, 1280x4567) Image search: [Google]
1432774986956.jpg
500 KB, 1280x4567
>>
The five second rule is bullshit because the moment something hit the floor, it's covered in germs.

You are now eating something that someone may have eaten with literal shitty hands (watch how many people don't wash their hands coming out of the bathroom, it's terrifying) and may have had their mouth on (the mouth is a cesspit of germs even before they are sick)

This plus whatever germs are in the fucking can.

Why?
>>
>>7176524

Grocery stores throw away food on the sell by date, despite it being good for a week after said date. Bakeries and pizza shops throw out things they don't sell every night as well.

There's a lifestyle movement called "freegan" where people dumpster dive for usable foods regardless of their financial status. I used to dumpster dive behind hobby shops, pharmacies like CVS and Riteaid because of the usable waste they produce ie: displays, cards, canned goods, seasonal items for holidays. They installed locks on their dumpsters so I stopped doing it.

I made a killing on ebay and Craigslist selling some of that stuff. Gamestop being the best. Who knew someone would pay $20 for an empty game case. Lol. Piles of those I've sold.
>>
>>7176552
The bag was wrapped tight and on top of he can. Fries were still in container as were the nuggets. I've been doing this for like 6 months and haven't gotten sick.
>>
>>7176551

no wonder he has cancer
>>
>>7176552
>muh mysophobia
You should know that literally everything everywhere is covered in all sorts of bacteria, even store bought food in sealed package.
>>
>>7176595

Yea.. people are vaccinated against the worst of it in the 1st world as well... so... there's not too much to worry about.
>>
>>7176552
it only applies to wet food.
>>
>>7176541
It's just cold BK in a self contained package in a freshly lined bin. Hardly risky.
>>
>>7176524
Don't care if people see. What makes it so gross once it hits a new container?
Free is free.

I've picked up SO much food from the ground and trash bins. At one point I ate some spaghetti or something like that off the DIRT in the desert. It's not a big deal.

DESU, with the amount of starvation on Earth it's a pretty good thing to not let food go to waste.

I recommend checking Starbucks bins, dumpsters near grocery stores and restaurants, etc.
>>
>>7176524
Tell people you're doing a run for charity, collecting discarded food to donate to the homeless. Then hide in a closet and gorge on it.
>>
>>7176712
>eating someones spilled spaghetti
>>
>>7176551
Holy fuck I was triggered so hard by the time I reached the end of that
>>
>>7176551
I thought the days of this being reposted were long gone
>>
File: 1367428331659.jpg (5 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1367428331659.jpg
5 KB, 205x246
>>7176551
>tfw no matter how badly you fuck up you'll still never be an autist wearing shitty used diapers
>>
>>7176524
>Eats garbage and can afford not to
>Probably infrequently showers despite having access to a shower
With 100% certainty, OP is white.
>>
File: localarea.png (37 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
localarea.png
37 KB, 700x700
Yeah I do this all the time, it is perfectly normal.

Pic related is my local area around my place of work where I score most of the food I eat to save money on my lunch.

1. The dumpsters in red aren't very good for getting lunch. Firstly it always looks strange to be hanging around behind those buildings in a suit because nobody really goes to them. Second because the three buildings are all charities and similar buildings so not much food gets thrown out. I have never found anything worthwhile there mostly just old papers and stuff. Probably not worth it especially since I once got caught going through the bin of the charity on the left (a charity for raped children) and tried to tell them I was searching for candy because I wanted to lure children to my home and get them more business

2. The green park area on the bottom left has two bins. They always have good leftovers but its a mixed bag because it is always busy so you have to be careful. If I work late shift I always get food from those bins but otherwise it is too busy for it

3. The one in front of the right building is decent because people sit there and eat lunch but of course it is right outside and people can see through the window

4. The last one is best, next to a quiet road and usually someone throws a sandwich or chicken or something.
>>
>>7176551
Did the cancer kill him yet?
>>
The fuck? Are you people seriously eating from the goddamn trash? This has got to be a troll thread
>>
>>7176551
that's fucking disgusting but that's a cool looking microwave
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEv4EHQIJpA
>>
I still have that as a REALLY bad habit.

My parents didn't pack me lunches or give me money for lunch when I was a kid, so I took to eating food from my friends or scrounging around in the garbage for food.

There's actually a picture of me in my 7th grade yearbook of me looking through the trash, right behind a group of blonde girls.

I also was homeless for a short time, so...there's that.

Anyway, I still haven't really grown out of it, despite the fact that I make pretty good fucking money now. My workplace serves breakfast and lunch for its employees every day, normally in the form of a buffet. But every day I think pretty long and hard if I want to go over there and take some more home, for whatever reason, and it kills me when I see the leftovers thrown away. Just a remnant part of my personality that I'm hoping goes away sometime soon.
>>
>>7176925
>My parents didn't pack me lunches or give me money for lunch when I was a kid, so I took to eating food from my friends or scrounging around in the garbage for food.
Didn't your school have free lunches if you were poor? Mine sold lunch for a dollar and change, 40 cents for low income and completely free if you were dirt poor.
>>
>>7176940
My family wasn't poor. They just...didn't want to help me.
>>
>>7176943
lol wow, sorry bro
>>
>>7176753

Not until you're elderly and your kids force you into a state run old folks home, and the african/cuban/haitian/dominican staff beat the remainder of life out of you. Those people will let you lay there until sores form and you'll be pissing in the same shitty diaper for days... bro.
>>
>>7176524
I'll just have you all know that I spit phlegm and throw my booger tissues into garbage bins. So if you are eating from them then you are eating my phlegm.
>>
>>7176524
Can't say I've ever been tempted to eat food right out of the garbage, but the food people put outside their rooms at hotels for housekeeping to take care of? I would be all over that shit if it weren't for the fact that my friends stop me. It's literally just the food people didn't finish eating, generally still on the plate.

One time I found half a fucking pizza was sitting outside a room and I was like "oh shit we just got half a pizza" but no one else I was with approved of the idea. I still think about that half a pizza sometimes.
>>
>>7176604
or wet surfaces
>>
>>7177293
I stopped finishing my friends' food once I realized that I was the fat friend and that literally nobody ever ate anyone else's food
It was just the people who lived in that specific area, other people aren't as weird about it, but growing up I felt bad about wanting food to not be wasted

Of course, I realized that it probably isn't the best thing to just eat food that others don't finish
I once ate a donut that I found. It was in the supermarket where it was made, as if someone decided to eat the donuts before they paid for them, not finish them, and just hide the evidence--and I ate part of it
It's just weird to think about who would even do stuff like that

Also, the donut was stale
>>
>>7176524
I've eaten thrown out food from the restaurant I work at. We double-bag all the product we don't use at the end of the day for donations. If they don't come, we toss it. I've grabbed some before. Stuff's clean, since it's always bagged up separate from garbage with the intention of being donated.
>>
>>7177312
I go to the gym pretty hard so the extra caloric intake wasn't an issue. For the most part when my friends and I eat out I explained that 'If I were the chef I would be insulted if people didn't finish eating my food and I had to throw it out.'

I also grew up really poor and didn't always have food, like most people who do this sorta thing, which most of my friends understand.
>>
Don't worry op, you're not alone. Ive fished half eaten sandwiches and pizza crusts out of the bin at work when no ones looking. Or containers of half full takeaway etc. I'm not poor, just hate seeing food wasted. Never gotten sick either. Would love to dumpster dive but never found an accessible skip.
>>
File: 1421946965352.jpg (31 KB, 288x316) Image search: [Google]
1421946965352.jpg
31 KB, 288x316
>>7176551

What...the fuck....

Is this the average /vp/ poster?
>>
>>7176969
as a cna i can confirm that this isnt unheard of, the ethnics i work with are fucking cancer
>>
>>7178130
maybe I can get into a nice filipina run home when i get there. I can get down with noodles and a bowl of rice everyday.
>>
>>7176551
Being a negligent or abusive parent is wrong, I get that.

But how the fuck do you let...this...happen to your child? How for you not put a stop to this before it's too late?
>>
I wonder since you come into more contact with germs and stuff when u eat others food does your immune system get stonger? Have you ever gotten sick before?
>>
>>7177312
>I stopped finishing my friends' food once I realized that I was the fat friend and that literally nobody ever ate anyone else's food

Did you literally eyeball their food and ask them if they were gonna finish it? When I''m out to eat with people sometimes one of them may say they're too full to finish it then offer it to me which I sometimes accept. Is this bad, /ck/?
>>
>>7176551
I don't understand why people think 4chan is exceptionally weird when places like that exist
>>
File: Capture+_2015-11-04-15-39-09.png (1 MB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2015-11-04-15-39-09.png
1 MB, 1440x2392
>>7178594
In high school "tech" class we went over social media sites and the teacher had us read this article.
>birthplace of the meme
>>
>>7176943
Same. Except I never ate from the trash and just didn't eat.
Then I made friends with wealthy people and ate with them at a country club after school
Then I got a gf who brought me lunches at school
gg
>>
Relevant material, my friends:
http://bedfordjfhs.sharpschool.net/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=12041589
>>
>>7176712
Do people normally eat spaghetti in the desert?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.