[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good recipes for poverty-anons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: 7642236898655588776444.jpg (42 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
7642236898655588776444.jpg
42 KB, 600x600
What are some good recipes for poverty-anons?
>>
Pasta (or yumyum noodles)
Cabbage
Chicken
An apple in the cabbage
You should have most things covered. Cook them until they're edible, might take a pressure cooker for the cabbage
>>
>>7166791

beans n rice
>>
>>7166791
>fry diced onion and carrots
>add rice and water
>cook rice
>dump over can of lentil, pea or bean stew and warm up
Wa la, dinner for two
>>
>>7166821
That doesn't sound bad
>>
lentil soup
>>
Rice and beans
>>
Curried lentils (with extra lentils)
>>
>>7166791
Some 'til soup
>>
>>7166791
Dried beans/legumes/grains are cheap af, cheaper than canned.
Get some cheap bouillon powder to make stock. Cooking beans/legumes/rice/pasta in stock instead of water adds an extra flavour dimension.
Onions and potatoes add flavor and volume respectively, they keep a long time and don't even need refrigeration.
Making bread is secretly piss-easy, it's literally flour, yeast, salt, and water (sandwich bread is actually hard, but boules work fine for most things).
Buy spices, they make all the difference. Even if it's a fancy grocery store, if they have spices in bulk, go to town. I've bought tons of spices that end up in bags too light for the scales to even detect. The clerk just charged the minimum. For spices you'll use a lot of, buy shakers.
>>
>>7168829
Also eggs are great for dat brotein. I have a store that lets me buy them one-by-one, I usually get 8 because I don't use them that fast.
>>
>>7166791
I fucking love this picture

Get udon, some meat and veg, make stir fry, jesus
>>
>Lots of rice
>Small amount of vegetables
>Flavorful sauce, something asian
>2 fried eggs

What I eat almost everyday now
If I feel like splurging maybe some discount meat
I miss good food
>>
>rice
>ground beef/ground turkey
>eggs
>salt/seasoning salt for the eggs
>mix it all up once all is cooked

If you're feelings adventurous, put in a soft shell burrito. Good enough to keep you full.
>>
>>7168837
Lol how black is the area?
I know they buy loose ciggerettes but loose eggs is a whole new level of niggerdom. Can you buy a single strip of bacon, a slice of kraft and a piece of bread too?
>>
https://youtu.be/HiX88aAtb1I
Check out this channel for cooking on a budget
>>
>>7171058
I don't understand the picture
>>
Learn to like offal. Cheapest meat around, and bloody tasty once you get used to it.

Liver+bacon w/ mash and veggies
Braised oxtail with crushed new potatoes+ spinach
Fried kidneys and baked beans on toast
Stuffed lambs hearts
Pig cheeks (seriously)

I personally can't stand haggis, but that's only because I've chewed on a piece of my own lung before and so the mere thought of that organ anywhere near my teeth makes me heave.
>>
>>7172276
>soft shell burrito

a tortilla?
>>
>>7166807
>poverty
>meat

Get a load of this idiot.
>>
>>7172440
A tortilla is an omelette, what is wrong with you?
>>
File: 1449730234658.jpg (41 KB, 450x488) Image search: [Google]
1449730234658.jpg
41 KB, 450x488
>>7172496
>A tortilla is an omelette
>>
>>7172286
Funny enough, I have a place that does the same thing, but it's ass deep in Mountainbrook, the single Whitest place in the greater Birmingham area. Meanwhile every hood nearby will burn you alive for looking in the egg crates before buying, like some kind of fucked up culinary raffle or something.
>>
Megadarra is delicious and cheap. I don't like yogurt because I'm not a disgusting subhuman so it's even cheaper than normal for me.
>>
>>7166791
Rajma chawal
>>
a can of beans, unless you're a fucking fat cunt
>>
File: IMG_20151215_174006350.jpg (2 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151215_174006350.jpg
2 MB, 5312x2988
Live off dollar store pizza rolls.
$1 per 20 = 640 pizza rolls
>>
File: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (2 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
2 MB, 5312x2988
>>7174024
A pizza party for one for $1
>>
>>7166791
I feel you man. I had the choice of having decent groceries this week, or getting really really drunk.
>rice and pickled vegetables for another week.
>>
>>7173840
This
>>
>>7174024
Those don't fill you up at all but they're tasty.
>>
Making yogurt from a gallon of milk is pretty easy and if you strain it you'll get Greek yogurt which is full of protein
>>
Canned baked beans in tomato sauce, canned chopped tomatos, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, some onions diced up, minced garlic, hot sauce.

Cook and pour over baked potato that you cut in a cross wise pattern. Grated cheese on top. Delicious poor people nachos that's super filling.
>>
_ R
_ I
_ C
B E A N S
>>
>>7176994
well done
>>
>>7176983

>cheese

Poverty, dawg. Fuck cheese.

Everybody's told you beans, rice, potatoes, canned tomatoes, and spices. I'll add in sardines. I have a couple of tins a week for those blessed omega-3s and some good protein. Straight onto crackers with a dash of hot sauce, or cooked up with tomato sauce and eaten with rice. Good shit.

Get some basic recipes down and you'll be eating better than your rich asshole friends who buy processed shit because they can afford it.
>>
Lower mid upper low middle class here.

Soups, stews and bread.
Potatoes and onions are always cheap.
Lettuce is iffy, goes up and down but still cheapish.
Apples can be decently priced if you find the right ones.

Could probably live on $50 / month with just this small list for one person.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFJ_jmTaZ3Q

Note their skin color.
>>
Stir fry over rice has been my best friend.

Onions, peppers, carrots, snow peas, green beans, whatever that can be easily fried, can be in it. Use beef or chicken or none at all, that's fine.

It's also near impossible to fuck up.
>>
Sweet potato chickpea curry
Roasted oven vegs (potato, sweet potato, aubergine, tomato, paprika etc. ) with couscous, rice or quinoa
Tomato soup made from tomato paste
Tortellini in chicken stock/broth
Paprika soup (stir fry or roast in the oven and blend till smooth. Add some spices/tomato, milk/cream)
Roasted potato, sweet potato, onion rings, chicken drizzled with honey mustard sauce
Instant noodles with green onion, bean sprouts (easy to grow yourself) and poached egg
Shakshuka (eggs poached over tomato sauce) with bread or potatos
Pasta from tomato paste with paprika, beans and tomato
Pasta from shredded ham, spinach and creme fraiche
lasagna with minced meat, spinach, creme fraiche and cheese
Spaghetti with roasted red beet, pear and ricotta
Pasta with canned tuna
Spaghetti carbonara
Sandwich with grilled aubergine, spinach, egg and hummus
Hummus with sliced cucumber, paprika (snack)
Chicken wings from the oven with honey mustard lemon
>>
>>7166821
>Wa la
Please don't
>>
>>7166791
Chickpea curry.
>>
>>7168430
This. Buy a big thing of dry lentils and cook them with some good curry powder and some garlic. Add add any veg if you have them.

I've gotten pretty good at cooking restaurant quality lentils in my rice cooker.
>>
>>7172484

Offal can be had very cheap. Chicken breasts as well can be found fairly inexpensive (e.g. 1.5kg of chicken breasts for £5 in Iceland UK - for a single person that could easily last a week+ eating chicken based meals every day).

Going to a butchers which is trying to clear out display meat near the end of sale life/at the end of the day you can get decent discounts - buy it, portion it up and freeze what you don't use immediately.
>>
>>7166791
From college:
Onion soup
Discount tuna salad
Peanut soup with plantain fufu
Ramen and cabbage
Vegan """""""chilli""""""
Roasted sweet potatoes
Eggs
>>
Pork goes well with sage
Chicken with thyme
Beef with rosemary
>>
>tfw got food stamps and can afford things like steak, scallops, and the big bag of rice
Feels so damn good.
>>
Canned veggies are your friend, anon.
>>
>>7179520
I know that feel. Started offering free food to my friends because I couldn't use it all.
>>
>>7179562
I went to a food bank once because I wasn't going to make ends meet for the month.

I was giving a trunk full of brand name canned goods and a $50 gift card to the local grocery store.

I felt like such a scumbag, I was expecting some boxes of pasta and pumpkin pie filling not quality food.
>>
>>7179571
I've gotten pesto, kimchi, fresh steak, fancy cheese, brand new pelle pelle coat....
>>
>>7179571
shit I ain't hurtin but I better hit me up a food bank or two too
>>
>>7172420
Yeah, um, how exactly have you chewed on a piece of your own lung before?
>>
File: dickcumbers.jpg (30 KB, 436x276) Image search: [Google]
dickcumbers.jpg
30 KB, 436x276
rice cucumbers and any hot sauce
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6C_Zj_J7tM
>>
shakshuka is pretty cheap and delicious and works for any time of the day. canned tomatoes, an onion, a bell pepper, some spices (best if bought in the bulk section so you can just get what you need), and eggs.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.