[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you like your sauerkraut? I'm having some tonight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: sauerkraut.jpg (38 KB, 512x312) Image search: [Google]
sauerkraut.jpg
38 KB, 512x312
How do you like your sauerkraut? I'm having some tonight on hot dogs
>>
I like mine on bratwurst
>>
>>7159498

With shredded pot roast, and mashed potatoes on the side with even more saurkraut on top.
>>
>>7159498
every time I eat sauerkraut I end up having too much because I love it. then I end up spraying fiery death from my delicate asshole
>>
Just some canned sauerkraut ends up being a side item at Thanksgiving or Christmas here in the Mid Atlantic/South. I find it addicting because of its strong flavor. And of course I've ha kim chi and loved it.
>>
I can't recall the last time I had a hot dog, but its great with brats
>>
File: sickos.png (40 KB, 152x254) Image search: [Google]
sickos.png
40 KB, 152x254
>>7159530
You sound like you have a delicate little bitchboy asshole.
>>
I make sarma with whole picked leaves.

As for the shredded one,
Saute it with spices (black pepper,paprika, lil' bit ot nutmeg) and a local spicy sausage. Serve with potatoes of any kind and wa la, nice winter comfort food.
>>
With something like bratwurst or kielbasa
>>
I generally prefer the more German versions of saurkraut that are a bit sweet.
>>
As part of Bigos.
>>
>>7159498
In small amounts on hot dogs or brats.
>>
>>7159498
Piled high on hot dogs/sausages
Straight out of the jar
Mostly the second tbhfam
>>
File: 20151211_200236.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151211_200236.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
With Schupfnudeln of course, making some right now
>>
>>7159610
why do youre french fries look so wierd
>>
With baked pork chops and sliced baked apples
>>
I like to add some carrot and celery and cook it gently with a splash of stock to take the fierceness out. Then serve with monkfish wrapped in Serrano ham.
>>
I mix a sardine with equal parts sauerkraut, pickles, and olives.

I use it to dress up rice and beans, with steamed vegetables. In the rice cooker, I sometimes add oats, barley, nuts, potatoes, onions, and carrots. The veg is almost exclusively spinach, broccoli, and whatever is on sale. This with milk, cereal, and fruit covers my nutritional needs very cheaply.

I eat a vat of generic ice cream a week though, fucking delicious ice cream.
>>
>>7159498
As an ingredient for kapusniak or bigos. Goes great with carrots as a coleslaw. Add some chopped onions, throw it all in a pan, fry it and voila. Dumpling stuffing done.

Or fresh and plain from a container with a lot of its natural juice.
>>
>>7159498
>How do you like your sauerkraut? I'm having some tonight on hot dogs
Usually I brown some thick bone-in pork loin chops on both sides. Sliced onion. Add fresh/bagged or jarred sauerkraut, not draining the juices. Simmer that stuff, or bake it, until the sauerkraut is reduced and golden from the rendered fat and gelatin that mellows it.

Served usually with mashed potatoes, and some pumpernickel or onion-rye bread.
>>
>>7159610
>With Schupfnudeln of course, making some right now
Looks yummy. That's it? The whole recipe?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.