[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Garlic Soup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Spanishfags of /ck/ what is the best bread to use for Sopa de Ajo, ciabatta or baguette?
>>
>>7157031
Whatever you can get works.
>>
>>7157031
Buy any bread, but leave it at least a couple days to dry. You don't want fresh bread in your sopa de ajo.
>>
>>7157291
Or you can just toast the bread before putting it in the chicken stock.
>>
why not get sour dough?
>>
>>7157303
You pour the stock into the pot where you previouslly toasted the bread. Do you even know what you are talking about?
>>
>>7157410
you can toast the bread in the oven
>>
>>7157031
I use barra gallega. Ciabatta would seem most appropriate to me. You want the bread to soak up lots of soup but remain intact. although in some parts of spain they like using bread that turns into mush. For me the beauty of it is that the bread soaks up the liquid and fat and almost becomes like a nice fatty bit of pork belly or something.

If you add plenty of paprika and ham and even chorizo you won't even need stock, just water. It's also super quick and easy to make. I'm kinda obsessed with this soup at the mom actually.

The best stock for it, if you're using, is leftover soup from cocidos or pucheros, which have all the flavour of the various meats that have been added.
>>
A friend of mine made this recently.

I really liked the flavor but really disliked the texture of the bread in the soup, probably because I haven't tasted a bread soup before. Can you make this without the bread bits mixed in the stock?
>>
The denser the bread, the better. Made the (tasty) mistake of subbing for Mexican bollio, turned to mush quickly. Ciabatta is good, especially if you can find one without any extra flavorings like olives or rosemary.
>>
I once used rye out of desperation and it was actually pretty good. Thought typically it's my go to just to use up leftover baguette.
>>
>>7159978
The texture of the bread should be like you ate a big lump of fat. Once you get over the mental block it's the best thing in the World.
>>
I just mad some yesterday for the first time. Loved how easy and cheap it was to make. I used this sour French bread I had lying around and toasted them in the oven with salt pepper and cayenne before mixing it all in the pot.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.