[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Describe to me your ideal salad, cu/ck/olds.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: greek-salad-topview.jpg (591 KB, 1995x1664) Image search: [Google]
greek-salad-topview.jpg
591 KB, 1995x1664
Describe to me your ideal salad, cu/ck/olds.
>>
>>7157014

cucumber, feta, red onion, cherry tomato, olive and dressing on the side
>>
File: 1351807530_4.jpg (68 KB, 715x430) Image search: [Google]
1351807530_4.jpg
68 KB, 715x430
it's the steak salad at cafe rio. let's see if i can name everything it has.

greens/veggies:

romaine lettuce
cilantro
diced tomato
diced red onion
lime wedge

extras:

fluffy pita-like flatbread
marinated steak strips
pinto beans
seasoned rice
crispy tortilla strips
parmesan cheese

and the star of the show: creamy tomatilla dressing.

this dressing is so dang good. it's why i order the salad, instead of just ordering a burrito.
>>
>>7157014
Remove the olives, add more feta cheese and olive oil and it's golden
>>
>>7157040
>>7158084
>feta

Ahhahhah
>>
>>7157014
the one in your picture OP
>>
Nicoise desu
>>
>>7158561
And I add tzatziki too ;) how does that trigger you?
>>
BLANCH YOUR ONIONS
L
A
N
C
H

Y
O
U
R

O
N
I
O
N
S
>>
File: salad.jpg (990 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
salad.jpg
990 KB, 2048x1536
I made this salad awhile back.

>serving the dressing on the side of a home made salad

Why?
>>
>>7159418
>fruit veggies and cheese all in a bowl
>""""salad""""

ugh

Salad dressing helps bring the dish from a bowl of assorted things to a unified meal, and can help mediate the sharpness/sweetness/bitterness etc. of the various elements
>>
>>7159424

>fruit veggies and cheese all in a bowl
>not an exact description of what op posted

Nobody said anything against salad dressing. The point was that it's much better to toss your salad in the dressing instead of just randomly pouring it on top, so as to, "bring the dish from a bowl of assorted things to a unified meal", as you said.

The only exception is when eating at a restaurant and you don't trust the kitchen not to over-dress your salad.
>>
>>7157014
That one looks bretty gud. I'm not picky
>>
>>7159443
>it's much better to toss your salad in the dressing instead of just randomly pouring it on top

that's just your opinion though, I always prefer to pour on top, looks nicer
>>
Iceberg, romain, spinach & red cabbage. Grated carrots, diced tomatoes, sliced cucumbers and mushrooms. Cheddar & Swiss, ham, turkey, & bacon. Ranch dressing.
>>
A chef salad is perfect 2bh
>>
Arugula, parsley, basil
Red onion, turmeric, pear, poblano pepper
Walnuts
Tossed lightly in sesame oil and white vinegar
>>
>>7157014

Fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, pitted kalamata olives, bocconccini cheese, drizzled with olive oil, salt+pepper
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.