[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so I'm trying to make some beef tendon chips I've got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: sliced tendon.jpg (31 KB, 1100x619) Image search: [Google]
sliced tendon.jpg
31 KB, 1100x619
so I'm trying to make some beef tendon chips I've got the stage where i need to slice them like pic related, what does /ck/ think is the best way to go about this knife, slicing side of a box grater or some other technique?
>>
File: tickletickle_beeftendon.jpg (66 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tickletickle_beeftendon.jpg
66 KB, 640x480
>>
>>7147675

ideally, freeze and use a deli slicer.
>>
>>7147695
yeah I figured a deli slicer might have been the way to go I'll just have to work around using a sharp knife. It's gelatinous enough that once cooled in the fridge after pressure cooking that it doesn't need to be frozen.
>>
Katsuobushi kezuriki. Its a mandolin/wood plane kinda thing that you use to shave bonito into flakes. Look it up and find the most adequate alternative. Asian markets often have dirt cheap mandolins.
>>
>>7147675
Mandoline.
>>
File: 1447815120895.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1447815120895.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>>7147684

>filename

wat
>>
>>7147675
I've never heard of beef tendon chips. sounds like some good eatin'. I'm a huge fan of beef tendon.
>>
>>7148016
It freaked me out as well almost put me off making them
>>7148016
They are supposed to turn out like chicharrones after this i need to dehydrate them and then chuck in oil for a couple of seconds
>>7147945
Thanks I'll have a look next time I have a go. I have to go to the Asian part of town to get the tendons anyway. I tried with a knife already and I think I fucked this batch already but I'll continue on and see what happens
>>
File: fig1_11.jpg (134 KB, 910x701) Image search: [Google]
fig1_11.jpg
134 KB, 910x701
>>7147684
it looks like a 3d model's polygons
>>
>>7148064
Well as expected the thick cuts didn't work out 100%, outside puffed up but the inside didn't work and the cooking process was quite violent. Edges still tasted good and had great texture, I'll call it proof of concept since i was sure i even pressure cooked them correctly and by a deli slicer i saw for $40 for next time
>>
>>7148064
>I think I fucked this batch already
:(
You need knife skills or a mandoline/benriner.
>>
>>7148462
>a deli slicer i saw for $40
Oh, don't do that. Get the >>7148464 >>7147950 >>7147945
instead.
Deli slicers cost thousands of dollars. If someone makes one for $40, it's a piece of shit.
>>
>>7148476
this is what i saw i was looking for a mandolin since this place has good cheap kitchenware http://www.kmart.com.au/product/stainless-steel-food-slicer/765801. What do you think of the specs?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.