[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i got some mussel "meat" (don't know the english
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 7343344910_aa83e38376_b.jpg (397 KB, 1024x776) Image search: [Google]
7343344910_aa83e38376_b.jpg
397 KB, 1024x776
So i got some mussel "meat" (don't know the english translation, sorry). What do I cook along with it? Vegetables, yes, but what else?

Gimme some inspiration /ck/
>>
I like them with spaghetti and the usual suspects, olive oil, a shallot and lots of garlic. Serve with a generous topping of parsley and white wine.
>>
>>7146338
They do really well belended into a sauce and served with something else like a more mild fish
>>
>>7146338
We just say "mussels", or "mussel meat" in a more technical context.
>>
chilli couscous
>>
>>7146338

You mean without the shells, pre-cooked as opposed to alive?
>>
blend them and make into a mussel burger
>>
>>7146338
It's called "fellate" (mussel meat).
>>
>>7146338
I hope they're fresh m8 or I'm just sorry for you in advance.

The way I always do mussels/see them done elsewhere is with a white wine sauce and bread. No veggies/whatever else besides what's in the sauce.

It always puts me off the way they look like vaginas.
>>
Garlic

olive oil

and cilantro

Fucking delicious
>>
>>7146338
I'm not translating into Euro or whatever terms you speak so you'll have to figure out the measurements.

Melt a good amount of butter into a medium high pan ~1/3 of a stick and a tbs of olive oil. Add in shallots and cook til translucent. Take two cloves of garlic, split them, but do not dice, you'll remove them later. Add in roughly diced tomatoes, preferably plum cook this all down for a bit. Salt/pepper to taste. If you've got saffron it goes wonderfully with mussels, but that shit is expensive. Add a good amount of white wine, cook that down for a minute or two then add the meat. Add some flour mixed with a bit of cold water to the mix to thicken it up, if desired. Since they're not in the shell, don't cook them for long. Eat with crusty bread.
>>
>>7146440
this dude
it's baller as fuck.

It's a white wine garlic sauce, great for dipping and makes the mussels taste pretty fuckin good.
>>
Cook them with a couple ounces of white wine, finely dice garlic and quartered tomatoes. After they're cooked a little bit of lemon juice butter and some basil.
Serve with polenta or some rice.
>>
>>7146531
Oh and diced red onions
>>
>>7146533
Oh and eat with a couple crostini's
>>
With Vinagreta sauce and peppers
>>
>>7146338
diced onion, cilantro, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, toasts on the side.
>>
>>7146338
Garlic, preserved black beans, broccoli stir fry
>>
>>7146436
no, the word is "fellatio"
>>
>>7146338
I do mine with spring onion, a little garlic, pancetta and cider or white wine
>>
Angel hair pasta and a cream sauce made from chicken stock, heavy cream, garlic, parsley, a splash of lemon and parmesan cheese.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.