[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there ANY recipe where cartilage is actually useful? Every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: GROUND BEEEEEF.jpg (202 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
GROUND BEEEEEF.jpg
202 KB, 1024x1024
Is there ANY recipe where cartilage is actually useful? Every time i bite cartilage i have an urge to vomit, specially when it is on unexpected places such as burgers and chicken.
>>
In fancy layered french terrines they use it as a gelatin layer or glaze.

I had to make them in culinary school.

But the most common use for cartilage is in stocks. You take bones and you make stock with them and the stock becomes gelatinous.

A good stock should look like Jello when its cold.

This is a sign of a Healthy and flavorful stock.

Its good for our Joints.
>>
File: 1403138929007.jpg (176 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
1403138929007.jpg
176 KB, 854x859
>>7143085
>mfw I bite into a piece of chicken with cartilage in it
>>
It sucks when you find cartilage in a burger or in your chicken because its not supposed to be there.

It just means that small piece was overlooked and not removed like it was supposed to be.
>>
File: ISKAndals-Sisig.jpg (129 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
ISKAndals-Sisig.jpg
129 KB, 600x450
It's physically impossible to make proper sisig without some ear cartilage

Picky eaters need not apply
>>
>>7143085

Shark fin soup, it's 100% cartilage.
>>
>>7143136
Why call it soup if it's just a fucking slab of cartilage?
>>
>>7143424
Watch and learn, moron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usUttC8D0fE
>>
>>7143440
That's not 100% cartilage.
>>
>>7143440
ramsay says traditional shark fin soup is fucking flavorless garbage and there's no reason to ever cook it. and by looking at it, I agree.
>>
>>7143085
Authentic Chinese dry pot. If you get chicken its crunchy as hell because every piece has cartilage all over it. Delicious...
>>
>>7143458
It's not the correct recipe either, it shouldn't have all those vegetables and mushrooms.

The point is it's not a "slab of cartilage", the cartilage is in fine threads that resemble clear noodles. If someone gave you a bowl of shark fin soup and gave you no clues, you'd assume it was noodle soup.
>>
>>7143085
It's not supposed to be found in ground meat. Get better quality meat.

I guess you can make glue, gelatine, but nothing you'd eat like that (or weird Asian cuisine)
>>
>>7143085
The fuck kind of shit beef do you buy? I've literally never encountered cartilage in ground beef.
>>
>>7143588
Not OP but if you ever try fuckin' wal-mart beef or some shit like that, I wouldn't be surprised. I've had to cook with that before and it's just god awful.
>>
File: 438589345874.jpg (87 KB, 1136x790) Image search: [Google]
438589345874.jpg
87 KB, 1136x790
>>7143132
>flip anything
>>
>>7143470
the only reason third world slant eyed retards eat it is because they're so fucking stupid that they think it will make their dick bigger. it's also extremely wasteful, as they cut off the shark fin and then leave the shark to die in the water.

More nukes when?
>>
>>7143621

It's traditional and also exorbitant. Bunting doesn't taste good either hut it's the fact you're eating an endangered species/it's taboo that makes it exciting.

The broth in fin soup is very good. Shark fins aren't that different than skate, which is very delicious.
>>
>>7143631
I find it amusing to listen to people freak out about shark fins and then go on to eat bluefin tuna and caspian sea beluga without batting an eye

Shark fins are the Kony 2012 of wildlife
>>
>>7143635

Kony is still abducting children from their homes and forcing them to fight in his army too. No one seems to care anymore.

Sharks serve a purpose cleaning up corpses and thinning out numbers of sea creatures. That's about it. They probably create more waste than most other sea creatures.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.