[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I have no idea about alcohol and usually just drink whatever's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: glenfiddich-whiskey[1].jpg (192 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
glenfiddich-whiskey[1].jpg
192 KB, 500x500
Guys I have no idea about alcohol and usually just drink whatever's available

In our cupboard we have some Glenfidditch and Chivas Regal scotch whiskys

What's the best way to drink these?
>>
>>7141996

Mandatory viewing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVG1U-faqHY
>>
>>7141996
drink it straight
>>
for glenfidish do not dare to put an ice cube on that fucker, drink it straight, its a mellow single malt with some fruit notes, so its not that harsh, for chivas setzer water and ice
>>
>>7142016
how much are you supposed to drink? Like a shots worth? And I assume you sip it from a glass right?

I'm a huge lightweight
>>
>>7142032
if you use an old fashin glass just about 1/8th of the glass and small sips until you are acostumed to the flavor, but if you are planning to get hammered whisky is not the right choice sinse it will relax you and might kill the mood
>>
>>7142007
No please
>>
>>7142042

Plus whisky dick, not going to pump your chicken stump drunk on whisky.
>>
File: EL.jpg (266 KB, 641x528) Image search: [Google]
EL.jpg
266 KB, 641x528
>>7142044

Mix your whisky with sour mix then you giant walking vagina.
>>
As is.

If you have no XP in alc, either don't start here, or do.

If you have no pallet, it won't matter because you won't care. If you have a pallet, you are a liar.
>>
Holy shit that Glenfiddich is good. I'm not an alcohol connoisseur at all and usually drink everything straight but that shit is so smooth, wow
>>
Recommended viewings:

ralfystuff's "masterclass" series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgPjksE4M4w

Single Malt TV's "Whisky U" series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exc3Rzrvi7o

And then if you want to watch actual reviews, I recommend ralfystuff and whiskybitch.

I used to think bourbon was extremely harsh, but once I started sipping on one light, mellow, fruity scotch whiskys, I found myself able to bypass the alcoholic bite and access the flavors beneath. This Wild Turkey 101 smells very sweet—honey, vanilla, marzipan, a light almond touch—but in the afterfinish there a savory kick, like au jus or some sort of roasted mushroom. It makes me salivate when it finishes. Delicious.
>>
>>7141996
I prefer this stuff, £25ish for a 70cl bottle
>>
>>7143463
>not cask-strength
>uses chill filtration
>uses e150 caramel coloring

Go with Ardbeg instead.
>>
>>7141996
With a teaspoon of water if you must, A Scot would slap you for sticking multiple cubes of ice in it.
>>
>>7143473
Is adding a single ice cube acceptable? I'm just starting to get into scotch/whisky/bourbon and the little bit of ice has made it a lot easier to get past the alcohol burn and taste the flavors.
>>
>>7143517
Click the second link in:
>>7143446

To summarize, ice is fine for "enjoyment," as long as you realize that you're sacrificing your ability to "appreciate." The ice will mute both smells and flavors within the whisky, but if that's how you want to drink it, you have the freedom to do so.

In my personal opinion it's better to use a little too much water than to hide the flavor behind ice.
>>
>>7143528
this is the gayest post I've ever seen on 4chan
>>
>>7143528
Next time I'll try a bit of water instead of ice. Thanks
>>
>>7143463
I didn't expect qualifiers like "seaweed," "iodine," and "rotten wood" to actually be complimentary in nature, but fuck me if this stuff isn't delicious.
>>
>>7143471
This tobh fami
>not maining superior corryvreckan
>>
File: 57548354.gif (683 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
57548354.gif
683 KB, 600x338
>>7142051
>pallet
>>
>>7143446
>ralfy

Did he even reviewed a whisky that he didn't like?
I watched some of his videos, but gives everything 70-90/100
>>
>>7143680
I think he just doesn't want to insult things (and by extension, the people who made them) needlessly. When he made his "how to cope with bad whisky" video he made a point of listing no brands by name.

If you watch the Glenlivet 12 review he seems a bit fed-up. Same with his re-review of Dewar's.
>>
>>7143471
>Ardbeg
No. No. Fuck you. No.

One time I forgot to wash out my glass, and the Ardbeg residue ruined my lighter, fruitier scotch. My room stank of it anytime I walked past my desk for the next 24 hours. Thank god I was able to wash off the drop I spilt on my finger during the pour, or I would have smelled it while I slept too.

Ardbeg is decent, but when you crack the bottle open you'd better be really dedicated to it, because you're gonna smell it on everything.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.