[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did I do guys? Too raw?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
How did I do guys? Too raw?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I can't cook for shit
>>
itll say its a bit raw, but i know some who would eat it just like that.
take a bite and decide for yourself.

practice makes perfect anon
>>
>>7141851
I can't cook for shit and when I cook steak I'm always way too scared of overcooking it

I had this on 3 minutes each side let it rest under foil and it was god damn rare, put it on for like another minute each side
>>
yea, 4chan will roast you cause it's rare but that's just because it's 4chan.

i'd eat it and be stoked
>>
>>7141809
What cut is it? Id say its a little more raw than I would choose, but not by much - maybe another 30 seconds on each side maximum. Id certainly eat it and enjoy the fuck out of it. Also looks like some decent char marks considering you didnt cook it for very long.

Looks like you didnt crisp the fat though?
>>
>>7141858
better to undercook it than overcook it amirite
>>
>>7141863
it was a beef top sirloin. i did crisp the fat

i have a heavy ass (probably 15 pounds) cast iron pan that has really deep grooves

How long should I cook this thing when I make the other one in a few days? I cooked it for 3 minutes on each side, let it rest under foil, cut into it and it was rare as fuck with a huge pool of blood under it and probably did another minute on each side

Like I said I'm really, really worried about overcooking steak so I tend to to undercook
>>
>>7141809

Too Australian
>>
>>7141809
A bit rare, but not for me.
I used to have your problem. Being afraid to over cook meet.
With experience comes patience.
Cook food you like to eat and who else gives a fuck.

Make a hot gravy.
>>
>>7141870
Im shocked that piece of meat has been cooked for 8 minutes. Looks more like 1 minute per side.

Id say for a home cooked steak, you've done a decent job. Id be happy to eat that at home. Just slightly up the cooking time though if you think its too raw.

This anon is correct though >>7141868
>>
>>7141892
Yeah I mean I even left it out for almost an hour and got it to room temperature

I assume it was too thick to cook for as little as I did but how can you judge meat thickness for cooking time accurately? Iguess I could have used my meat thermometer
>>
Might as well bite the fucking cow and be done with it.
>>
>>7141901
Your mom isn't really a big fan of biting, she prefers kissing
>>
>>7141902

Epik :DDD
>>
>>7141902
AYYYYYYYY
>>
>>7141898
>meat thermometer

I've never used one of these. However, when I was 16 I got a job in a local pub. 50% of the food we did was from frozen and pretty average, but we did really good steak for a really good price. So for about 2 years, every friday and saturday night I cooked at least 50 steaks a night - sirloin, rump, fillet, t-bone and ribeye. So I've probably cooked close to 10,000 steaks in those two years. Pretty chill place to work. And with cooking steak, it gets to a point where you just 'know'.
>>
Why is it stuck to the ceiling?
>>
>>7141858

While it is cooking, watch the side of the steak to see how far the cooking has progressed. When it is about half way up, turn it over and cook it the same on the other side.
>>
>>7141809
Despite the awful lighting, this looks like a good rare steak. Sear seems to be pretty nice too so I'd have eaten it. Definitely a bit extra rare but as long as you don't have immune deficiency you're good.
>>
>>7143571
Despite the the fact that you're a colossal faggot I am inclined to agree.
>>
>>7141809
This'll sound insane, but if you really want a good steak throw it in a 200-225 degree (fahrenheit) oven for an hour and then sear it in a smoking hot pan for less than about two minutes total, flipping every fifteen seconds.
Comes out perfect.
If you really want a perfect doneness you could put it in a ziploc bag, toss it in a stockpot full of water that's been heated to 129 degrees fahrenheit but leave the opening of the ziploc bag above the water so the air gets pushed out, leave it in there for about an hour and a half to two hours, then take it out and sear as above.
That's how I do things anyways. They always come out perfect for me.
>>
Best way is to season with salt and pepper then brown it on each side with a nice sear using butter in a skillet. The depending on the thickness cook it in a 400 degree oven for anywhere from 6-10 min. It isn't too difficult once you cook them a few times.
>>
File: honey-booboo-11.gif (309 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
honey-booboo-11.gif
309 KB, 300x400
>you know it's cooked when it sticks to the ceiling
>>
>>7141809
Tbh senpai its a bit overcooked
>>
>>7141870
Maybe you should have opted for a normal cast iron pan. With the grill lines molded into the pan the heat would be uneven. The cast in bars would be hottest; you got your lines; but the rest of the steak is sitting 1/8 or so off the cooking surface. If you want grille marks use a grill.
>>
Or you could get into shape (other than round because that's not a humans shape) and eat feasts every day to keep your machine of a metabolism going?
>>
>>7141861
shit looks like itd be cold in the middle. would probs still eat/10 tho
>>
>>7141870
It's a sirloin. not the best cut of meat to begin with, so experiment. Sirloin, chuck eye, and denver steaks are all good for learning on. I feel like the deep grooves of your pan are going to require longer cooking time or moving it to the oven. Alternatively you could start in the cast iron and finish in a non-stick.

That being said, I'd still eat it.
>>
>>7141809
It looks like a vagina.
>>
>>7143618
This is my favorite /ck/ meme
>>
File: monkey and tiger.jpg (51 KB, 500x656) Image search: [Google]
monkey and tiger.jpg
51 KB, 500x656
that is a "blue" steak. not even rare yet. The internal temp aint even close. Cook it how you like it. I prefer to sear both side and finish in the oven for a nice consistent heat
>>
fuck mate, why even bother cooking it if that's how you like it

jesus
>>
>>7145199
>It's a sirloin. not the best cut of meat to begin with
Confused, is this bait?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.