[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Baking General: Holidays Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: cakeu-min.png (4 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
cakeu-min.png
4 MB, 2448x3264
It's that time of year again.
Share recipes you'll use, discuss ones you'll try. Share that sweet sweet OC.

I made this little pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting and walnuts to celebrate my new cake pans.
>>
>>7140437
I'm thinking of making a giant fuckoff cake before Christmas break and treating my friends to it. What's a good 'holiday' cake? I was thinking cheesecake or whatever. I dunno, what would bring out the holiday spirit in you guys?
>>
>>7140437
Did you toast those walnuts? That looks pretty tasty.

I was a pastry chef for 11 years, so I don't get away with making simple delicious desserts for people. They expect to be impressed and it kind of sucks.
>>
>>7141481
For me it's cheesecake. Mine just cracked though.
>>
>>7141498
I should have, that's a good idea
thank you
>>
>>7140437
recipe?
>>
Thanks, OP. Now I have to make one of those
>>
>>7140437
I got a sous vide circulator as a gift not long ago so I think I'll do some poached pears in riesling & poached apples in a red wine
Cinnamon stick, vanilla bean, sugar & maybe cardamom
>>
>>7140437
i'm torn between yet another cheesecake and black forest gateau. if i do the cheesecake likely i'll do a set ganache on top with maybe a thin layer of homemade cherry jam? if not then i'll just do a shiny ganache. last year i did a dulce de leche swirled cheesecake
>>
>>7145256
>http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2303676/black-forest-gteau
>literally 15 tsp of sugar per serving

holy fucking hell
>>
I was thinking to make a mulled cider and braise pork belly in it with a small addition of sage and juniper berries.
>>
>>7145271
not that anon, but whenever i make a dessert i usually cut the sugar in half and they're still plenty sweet
>>
>>7145355
doesn't that fuck with the ratios? i thought sugar was there to be sweet, but also keep baked things moist and stuff.
>>
>>7145632
not that anon but i usually cut the sugar back too because american recipes have a shit load of sugar
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.