[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grocery store cashiers in America and abroad - a few questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 500x377
Grocery store cashiers in America and abroad - a few questions for you

Do old people at your store lick their hands before touching paper money?

How many PLUs do you know?

Nightmare mode: what chain do you work for and is it shit
>>
1. Sometimes, but I don't really notice
2. Almost everything the produce department and bakery carry
3. Acme markets, not too bad desu senpai, but I got out of cashiering a while ago.
>>
1. Not that I've noticed
2. most of produce and around 1/3 of bakery
3. Fred Meyer's, bretty good but I've only ever worked there so don't have a comparison.
>>
1. They are not the only ones who do it, but they are definitely the majority
2. All common produce, and, like, the 5 most common bakery items
3. Wegmans.
>>
1. Well today, they have this stuff that you can rub on your fingers and it gives the same result. The old people still probably do it.
2. I remember a bunch of the produce numbers because I worked in produce for a while.
3. I work for a local chain that gets their groceries form Nash Finch, it's losing out to Walmart pretty bad.
>>
what's a plu

that cat is cute btw x3
>>
>>7135045
>feeding beignets to a ferret

FUUUUUUUUCK I can't buy them here and that shitfuck isn't even appreciating them
>>
>>7135123
>beignets
>ferret

hella fuck*ng epic
>>
>>7135100
Yeah, they have it at my chain too, but it's fucking retarded. Why do your hands need to be moist to touch money? To get a better grip?
>>
>>7135185

It's very slightly gummy/waxxy it adds some friction to your finger tips if you use it as intended in cease money/paper is too slick/stuck together.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 330x260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 330x260
>>7135202
My dexterity is hot shit and never have I thought to myself "my hands need to be moistened in order to touch this money" - if anything it sounds like a learned behavior from old times like packing cigarettes.

Anyway since I'm OP

1: They do all the time
2: most produce but none of the bakery, too lazy, also fuck apples
3: Hannaford in New England - it's actually pretty sweet, Delhaize is okay
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.