[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so i've got a question. If i pour curry powder into a bowl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: curry beans.jpg (11 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
curry beans.jpg
11 KB, 274x184
so i've got a question. If i pour curry powder into a bowl with a can of "great northern beans" and mix the shit out of it and then microwave, will it be edible or am i fucked?
>>
>>7126077
I think the slime that comes with a lot of canned beans is pretty gross. I would drain them first.
>>
Lord sakes almighty, that will be extremely unpleasant. You don't have any other spices or foodstuffs in your house, anon?
>>
>>7126102
It's actually pretty good. I do this a lot with peas. Better if you have a bit of butter to mix in with it though.
>>
>>7126077
It will taste like beans from a can with powder on them.

If you want to do it better - drain and rinse the beans, get some oil warm in a pot, sprinkle curry powder in the oil until you can smell the spices (you want the spices to brown a tiny bit, but not to burn, so don't let the oil get too hot), add some diced onion or garlic if you have either - let that cook a minute to soften, then add the beans. Stir it altogether and let the beans heat through, check for salt, then eat.
>>
tons of spices as my wife is using them to make mixed spices for our families for christmas but not really any other foodstuffs. no onions or garlic. WAIT! i think we have the minced garlic that comes in a can with the water or whatever. will that work?
>>
>>7126120
trying this. wish me luck!
>>
File: 1390592188569.jpg (62 KB, 265x324) Image search: [Google]
1390592188569.jpg
62 KB, 265x324
>>7126128
>wife
>>>>wife
>>
>>7126183
lol'd. she's at work and she told me to eat leftovers from Thanksgiving and I'm kinda tired of those so I'm venturing out on my own, haha.
>>
>>7126193

>lol'd
>wife
>work

good god
>>
>>7126120
Alright so after doing as you said and the first taste test came back as you said at the very beginning, like beans from a can with powder on them. so i added like an 1/8 cup of water and then some salt. still simmering.
>>
>>7126183
>>7126201

>>>/b/
>>
alright so after about 15 mins of cooking the beans are edible. not anywhere close to what i was thinking but i'm on the right track. thanks for all your help! i'm sure i'll be back later.
>>
File: IDShot_540x540.jpg (61 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
IDShot_540x540.jpg
61 KB, 540x540
Asian here. Are you a Brit? Because if you are, Tesco's sell these badboys. As close to authentic chana as you're going to get. MFW I now eat these when I canny be arsed to cook. They're in sterile bags, so there' a complete and total lack of preservatives. Which is smashing obvs
>>
>>7126226
You could try adding some cream or yoghurt.
>>
>>7126274
In the future try this for a low rent improv bean curry:

Saute chopped onion in oil or butter until it starts turning golden. Add chopped ginger and garlic with a pinch of salt. Add generous spoonful of curry powder. Stir. Add drained beans and a little crushed tomato. Bring to a simmer. Optional additions: pinch cinnamon and extra hot pepper powder. Garnish with cilantro leaves, and serve with white rice, bread or potatoes.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.