[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gonna try cooking quiche, any french friends that can help by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
Gonna try cooking quiche, any french friends that can help by sharing their recipes and/or tips?

I'm not too sure what's best or what variants exist.
>>
That's a breakfast pizza.
>>
>>7110119
>any french friends that can help
muslims don't eat quiche.
>>
Just make a pie crust, make sure to pre-bake it. Then you can basically add whatever you want. Milk, cheese, season it well. Also cook all of your fillings, like mushrooms, before so you don't end up with watery quiche.
>>
>>7110136
Might want to put to put some eggs in there.

>>7110129
lol
>>
File: current year.jpg (430 KB, 709x648) Image search: [Google]
current year.jpg
430 KB, 709x648
>>7110129
Laffin'.
>>
File: 1409697805182.png (15 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
1409697805182.png
15 KB, 290x290
>>7110140
I was being considerate of the vegans.
>>
>>7110151
Vegans don't eat milk or chee...
haha almost got me.

>>7110119
https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/quiche-lorraine
>>
I was going to give you the recipe but too lazy.
Just google translate this:

http://www.marmiton.org/recettes/recette_quiche-lorraine_30283.aspx

And cook the dough for a bit with some dry beans or chickpeas or similar in it before adding the filling.
>>
>>7110151
Vegans in France? lol. obviously you've never been here.
>>
>>7110119
Real men don't eat quiche.
>>
>>7110212
Why the dry beans/chickpeas?

Thanks to everyone answering and being helpful and not just shitposting.
>>
Real rat tails don't eat quiche.
>>
>>7110270
yeah right, because it's a fucking cake in disguise and that's a gay and silly thing
>>
>>7110119
That's a pizza
Quiche doesnt have a crust
>>
>>7110274
Blind bake.
From the recipe >>7110159

Place weights on dough. (We line it with aluminum foil and pour in dry beans.)

Bake at 392 °F / 200 °C for 20 minutes.

Remove weights. Bake another five minutes for a perfectly crispy, flaky crust.

If you're putting liquidy fillings in a pie shell, you need to pre-cook the crust, or it will be raw. The pastry crust cannot dry out and cook otherwise. It will be raw on the bottom.
>>
>>7110274

>>7110363
sorry...
You line it with foil and place the beans (rice works too) to weigh the crust down so that you have an even surface when it's done.
Without the weight it could rise up in spots, creating uneven cooking and creating possible weak spots that will allow the liquids in the pie/quiche to get through and subsequently burn.
>>
>>7110119
WTF is that shit crust?
It's supposed to be pie crust.
>>
>>7110295
I disagree
>>
>>7110295
Why are tripfags always so stupid?
>>
>>7111988
I disagree
>>
>>7110295
WHAT

MON PTIT GARS JE VAIS TE DEFOURALLIER L'ANUS SI TU REDIS DES CONNERIES COMME CA!
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.