[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BATTLE ROYALE!!! Who is the one true king??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9
And why is it Popeyes spicy?
Church's isn't that far behind, and KFC is a tolerable, distant 3rd.
Prove me wrong
>Protip: You literally fucking can't
>>
Popeye's. Church's is ghetto dogshit tier and KFC has gone to shit.
>>
>>7101285

>Prove me wrong
>Protip: You literally fucking can't

/thread
>>
I just go to KFC because there is one right up the street from my house. The nearest Popeyes is much further away and the only Church's is in the ghetto.
>>
Church's is the only one that doesn't make my farts smell horrible.
>>
>bite into Popeyes chicken
>oil literally dripping out

ugh, flavor is good but holy fuck
>>
Bojangles should be on this list trumps all
>>
>>7101285
popeyes is the "best", however its still absolutely awful.

all of their limited edition chickens taste exactly the same as their regular offerings... the spicy is incredibly mild.

the only saving grace is the sides such as the mashed potatos etc...

the only absolutely great chicken ff place is chick filet... however thats a different type of chicken place so i wont compare the two!!

hmm... if i were to rank the "chicken by the bucket" class of fast food places?

i would say

1. Popeyes (by a long shot)
2. KFC
3. Churches (way in back, this place is garbage)
>>
Lately when I go to Popeye's and KFC, both have tiny strips with fucking nothing in them. Their tenders used to be huge like two years ago. Did something fucking happen?

Popeye's was best when either restaurant still pretended to give a shit in my area
>>
>>7101391
they use rabbit meat now.
>>
Go to your local fried chicken shop :-)

One on every corner here in Seoul
>>
>>7101396
I live in seoul too famille. Some great fried chicken. Samtong is the best fite me
>>
every time I've eaten fried chicken I'm so hungry that I devour the fuck out of it even though it's clearly been sitting for a while

i'd say popeyes > louisana > kfc

there's a frenchys in my city i've never tried
>>
>>7101391
>>7101365
PDQ has the best tenders.
>>
There was this place in Heukseok around Chung-ang Uni that was reeeeally good but it closed down. I don't remember the name, it wasn't a chain. Shops last like 6 months anywhere in Seoul lol. Ex's mom had a shop for like a year, she made good chikin too
>>
>>7101399
>>7101471
>>
>>7101471
Yeah, pretty annoying how shit pops up and disappear so quickly. Like Chicago style pizza was suddenly a massive meme this year, 3 places opened up near my apartment.
>>
>>7101477
I love Korean food so I really don't crave anything foreign, but I wish there was a decent Mexican place. Even Korean Taco Bell was better than some so-called Mexican shops.
>>
>>7101487
Korean """""italian""""" food is the worst. Fucking diabolical.
>>
>>7101493
hahaha, I immediately thought of another place that closed. "Italian." One of the only places I ever saw a fork, so I more enthralled by the flatware than displeased with the food. Anyway, I don't recall it being that bad, but then again my friends make fun of me for always eating at the Korean "fast food" places. (김밥천국, etc.)
>>
File: thumb_600.jpg (102 KB, 590x590) Image search: [Google]
thumb_600.jpg
102 KB, 590x590
does murrika have kfc hot and spicy, original is shit tier desu
>>
>>7101396
They're slowly starting to become more common here in Hong Kong. I can't wait until the prophesied day of close-at-hand fried Korean fried chicken.
>>
>>7101285
KFC has consistently made me sick no matter which restaurant I choose. I really don't know what it is. Maybe they're using the lowest quality chicken.

In terms of taste: Church's>Popeyes>>>>>>>>>>>>>KFC

In terms of not being around black people even though I want good fried chicken: Popeyes>Church's
>>
Gonna order fried chicken tonight. Thank you based 요기요
>>
>>7101557
>not trusting black people to lead the way to the good fried chicken places

lol that's like complaining about Chinese people in the good Chinese restaurant.
>>
>>7101600
I like 호치킨 :-)
>>
>>7101635
Gonna order MyMyChicken desu, 마이마이치킨, great 마늘간장치킨 and onion chicken is good too
>>
>>7101608
The difference in taste is minor since the pale Southerners already learned of their chicken ways. I'd rather not be around blacks due to their monkey nature.

https://youtu.be/8pyW6w5B7Aw
>>
File: 20151123_210507.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151123_210507.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>7101638
Mymychicken weren't delivering, so I got """mexican""" chicken which isn't mexican at all
>>
>>7101839
FUUU I miss Korea

I want 치맥 so bad
>>
I disagree that KFC is a tolerable 3rd. It is an intolerable third. If KFC is the only fried chicken restaurant in a neighborhood, I'll get burgers instead.
>>
Mary had a little lamb
The lamb began to sicken
So Mary sold him to a canner
And now he's labeled chicken.
>>
I like spinx and publix fried chicken more than KFC and Bojangles and Church's but Popeyes is normally about equal to Publix for me and I can only get Popeyes when I go to NC for work because there are none around where I live. The best for me is when churches (religious places, not the restaurant) have chicken fries to make money and you see like 40 fat southern black women slaving over it all making some of the best fried chicken and sides I've ever had.
>>
>>7101893

That was pretty gay
>>
best for general menu:
> popeyes
> kfc
> churchs

best for special menu items:
> churchs
> popeyes
> kfc
>>
>>7101893
>canning an expensive premium meat and selling it as a much cheaper one

but why
>>
>>7101364
Actually came here to ask about Bojangles fried chicken. I've only had it a couple times, but I usually just end up getting breakfast every time since they serve it all day. Is their fried chicken worth a damn?

Also, the best friend chicken I've had from a restaurant or store is actually Publix fried chicken. The one near me at least has some epic tier fried chicken for whatever reason.
>>
>>7101913
God damn living in the south almost sounds worth it sometimes.

Almost.
>>
>>7101608
Cept the Chinese won't jump you simply because you're white or carjack/rob you while you're inside ordering. When around blacks, never relax. Even if it was fried chicken from the gods, I wouldn't go to a nigger infested area for it.

Atlanta area cu/ck/ here.... I know all too well.
>>
>>7101913
This guy knows. Churches have some incredible BBQ fundraisers and chicken fries goin. Even if they aren't blacks, old school southern folks know how to cook some fuckin' food. When my buddies and I used to go backpacking up in North GA, we'd always stop by this tiny shack that served southern comfort food. Jesus.... everything there was incredible, especially after hiking 10-15 miles a day and eating granola or freeze dried stuff. Wonder if that place is still there... Been a few years since I've been up there.
>>
File: 2015-08-08 01.09.24.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-08 01.09.24.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
>>7101285
I did my own fried chicken comparison several months ago, but only with Popeye's and Church's because KFC fell the fuck off many years ago. I compared spicy thighs and Popeye's won. Popeye's sides and biscuits also won, big time.
>>
File: 2015-08-08 01.13.17.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-08 01.13.17.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
>>7102172
Can /ck/ tell which one is Popeye's and which is Church's?
>>
>>7101285
>no Bojangles

You fucked up, OP.
>>
>>7101395
That's bad?
>>
>>7102174
The one on the right is Popeyes.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 615x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 615x346
Am I the only one that likes KFC? The original recipe skin is so much more flavorful to me than Pop's or Church's.
>>
>>7102174
Right is Popeyes, left is something else.
>>
>>7102256
The skin tastes great but is not crisp the way I like it. But overall it's the small and shitty pieces of chicken that i dont like. Seems like about 8-10 years ago the quality of the chicken was so much better
>>
>>7101285
Zaxby's>Cane's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Popeye's>>KFC>>>>Churche's
>>
KFC best chicken
Popeye's best sides

dat red beans n rice
>>
I would have to say KFC is probably the worst fried chicken chain. There was a KFC around me for the last 15 years and it was recently replaced by a Roy Rogers, the first in my area. The KFC was bad enough that the Popeyes across the street which had been shut down twice for health inspection violations still beat it out.

We also have a chick-fil-a which I would prefer over the others anyway. Anytime I go to a Popeyes/KFC it's just crowded with African-Americans. The Popeyes is owned by these Indians which constantly scream at you through the drive-through, which results in a practically indecipherable method of speech with their accent, the shitty microphone/speaker, and their screaming.

Actually, I don't even really eat fast food these days. I've lost thirty pounds over the past few months just doing some light exercising and cutting out fast food. The worst thing I'll get is maybe a salad at McDonald's a few times a month.
>>
File: p1000036x.jpg (65 KB, 615x408) Image search: [Google]
p1000036x.jpg
65 KB, 615x408
>>7101285
Eh. All chain chicken places are ass 2bh. Crust is too thick and the meat is usually dry. John's fried is where it's at.
>>
>>7101996
My nigga
Publix master race
A while back they had waffle tendies, came buckets.
>>
>>7102287

>KFC best chicken

kill yourself
>>
>>7101839
Jesus those look fucking fantastic.
>>
>>7102489
No, it doesn't. It just looks soggy.
>>
If there's no Bojangles I don't see what the point of a discussion is.
>>
>>7102501
The bottom one, yeah.

The top one looks great tho.
>>
File: 2.png (33 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
2.png
33 KB, 236x236
>>7102281
>Zaxby's over Raising Cane's
>no Bojangles
>>
>>7101304
this
>>
File: bojangles.jpg (89 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
bojangles.jpg
89 KB, 500x333
this thread is missing something. You silly californicans and your ghettoe class fried chickens.

Pic related, its what im requesting for my last meal after i am convicted of killing the OP.
>>
Popeyes.
>>
Has Jack done a comparison yet?

I'd love to see him really dig in there and pull the breading off with his stubby fingers.
>>
what about Bush's chicken its pretty good.
>>
>>7101285
popeyes because
>dem redbeans n rice
>>
>>7103119
fuck bojangles
>>
>>7103418

>Kentucky
>Louisiana
>The Vatican

California how?
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.