[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I have some Chicken Recipes please. Nothing involving breading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
File: SkewerChicken.jpg (159 KB, 1240x775) Image search: [Google]
SkewerChicken.jpg
159 KB, 1240x775
Can I have some Chicken Recipes please. Nothing involving breading the chicken in anything though. I'm mostly looking for Marinades and Dry seasoning. I also enjoy Curry like dishes with Chicken and infact if anyone has a good Curry recipe I would love to hear it!
>>
File: 1447374442753.png (23 KB, 587x466) Image search: [Google]
1447374442753.png
23 KB, 587x466
Chicken Tikka Masala

Ingredients
2 Tbsp curry or tandoori paste
2 Tbsp natural yogurt
2 chicken breasts, skinned and chopped
3 Tbsp single cream
200 gm / 7 oz can tomatoes
2 tsp peeled and grated root ginger
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 bay leaves (optional)
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
2 medium sized red chillies, seeded and chopped (if using Birdseye use only half to one)
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp garam masala

Recipe
Put the curry or tandoori paste into a bowl with the yogurt, stir well, then add the chicken pieces and stir again. Put the bowl into the fridge for 1-2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees / 180 C

Put the chicken pieces into an ovenproof dish and bake for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, blend together the cream, tomatoes, ginger and garlic in a bowl and set it aside.

Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the bay leaves (if using) and the onion and fry until the onion begins to turn golden-brown.

Add the chilies, turmeric, paprika, salt, cumin, coriander and garam masala and stir for 1 minute.

Put in the chicken pieces and fry for 5 minutes.

Then add the tomato and cream mixture, cover and cook over a low heat for a further 5 minutes.

The curry should look red and creamy, and its texture should be thick and fairly smooth, depending on how small you chopped the onions.

Add 125 ml/5 fl oz water and cook for another minute.

Take it off the heat, pour into a serving dish and garnish with the coriander leaves.

From a website, I forgot the name of the author but its what I use for curry (real curry, not that nip shit).
>>
File: cilantro lime shrimp.jpg (176 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
cilantro lime shrimp.jpg
176 KB, 1600x1067
Cilantro lime marinade.

Juice from 2 limes.

1/3 cup, olive oil.

1 clove garlic

1 tablespoons, fresh cilantro

1/2 teaspoon, cumin

1/2 teaspoon, chili powder

1/2 teaspoon, red pepper flakes

2 teaspoons, sugar

Pinch of salt and pepper.

toss all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until blended. Marinate meat at least 1/2 hour. Good for chicken and shrimp.
>>
>>7089711
>>7089733
Saved, Thanks!
>>
>>7089711
what's the point in baking the chicken and then frying it again. It would be super dry. Why don't you just bake it and throw it into the sauce when ready?
>>
>>7089791

I've made it a few times and the chicken has always been delicious. I'd assume it's because if you only added it in at the end those final 10 minutes may not be enough time to cook it properly, so the first 10 in the oven is just to prime it to be finished off.
>>
File: tikka-masala-cooking-sauce.png (646 KB, 501x963) Image search: [Google]
tikka-masala-cooking-sauce.png
646 KB, 501x963
>>7089711
or just buy this. probably tastes better than your shit
>>
>>7090001

I've used Patak, Sharwood and Maya Kaimal in terms of premade, my fiancee makes her own paste and that's obviously the best. Out of jarred ones, Maya Kaimal is the best, Sharwood is decent and that is being generous.

Far right is what I prefer.
>>
>>7090034
>cant buy this where i live

well fugg m8

>my fiancee makes her own paste and its best
and for some reason women are always better at cooking

i fucking hate women
>>
>>7090041

You can order it online though.

She's the only woman I know besides my mom and one other friend (who is black and from Georgia so gifted with that soul food touch) who can cook. My exs have all been white and made that "Wifey Material" level shit. My fiancee is Muslim, from Croatia before she came to the USA and her mother made sure she knew how to cook because it's part of her "role as a good wife."
>>
>>7090056
>my fiancee is muslim

oi m7

be careful there m8

i hope shes fucking hot for you to be putting up with that religion bs
>>
>>7090063

She's Muslim Lite, she just doesn't eat pork. Her dad don't like it but realizes this is the US and they've adapted well so it's not a big deal to them. Her mom doesn't even wear a head scarf.
>>
>>7090078
i hope she doesnt manipulate you into accepting syrian refugees

inb4 allahu akbar

i hope this marriage works out for you kek
>>
>>7090083

fuck off with your racist bullshit nigga
>>
>>7090083

Y-you too~

>>7090216

It's a Nicaraguan animal hide tanning website, stop being such a sensitive faggot.
>>
File: 1420736769565.png (1009 B, 210x194) Image search: [Google]
1420736769565.png
1009 B, 210x194
>>7090216
Wrong turn at the road to reddit my friend?
>>
>>7090250
>>7090329

>b-back to reddit with you!!!

choke on a dick
>>
>>7090487
You really don't belong here if you just refuse to stop acting like a sensitive pussy
>>
File: 1396734796494.jpg (55 KB, 245x336) Image search: [Google]
1396734796494.jpg
55 KB, 245x336
>>7090507

that sentence doesn't even make fucking sense.

>you don't belong here :'(

cry me a fucking river
>>
>>7090041
Yo just practice and you can become just as good if not better.
It's like learning any other art, gotta learn and apply.
>>
>>7090548
>found the retard
>>
Guys I just wanted chicken recipes
>>
>>7090711
I like to put a whole chicken on the rotisserie.

Also I like to comment about other peoples posts when it involves a woman as I am an expert in woman.
>>
>>7090711

Curry dude here, I made this last week and it was pretty good. Chicken Cacciatore.

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chicken_cacciatore_hunter_style_chicken/
>>
>>7089707
Generally, dry-rubbing the whole bird into your anus gives it a unique, personal taste.
For the most tender bird, let it stay there for 18-48 hours.
Prepare as desired after.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.