[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I doing something wrong or are udon noodles supposed to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: d.jpg (247 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
247 KB, 1280x720
Am I doing something wrong or are udon noodles supposed to be hard to make?
The dough was very very hard to knead, and when i got to the rolling pin part i couldn't do anything.
Now i've got fat udon.

Any tips for my next batch?
>>
>>7080030
knead with your feet

if you are too weak to roll out the dough use a pasta machine
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzQhOjPOunY

Note how he puts his bodyweight into it to start, and then puts it on the floor for his kid to stomp on
>>
File: pasta.jpg (24 KB, 340x325) Image search: [Google]
pasta.jpg
24 KB, 340x325
>>7080075
I tried using a pasta machine, the dough that comes out seems to have rips/cracks on it.

Pic related
>>
>>7080102
That video was really helpful, didn't know there was a way to roll the dough like that, luckily i happen to have a bo that i havent been using that much.
>>
>>7080030
How fat are they
>>
>>7080117
Just repeat it a few times until it's smooth and there are no cracks
>>
File: Klingon_helm_officer.jpg (16 KB, 407x358) Image search: [Google]
Klingon_helm_officer.jpg
16 KB, 407x358
Gagh is best served live!
>>
>>7080030
my Japanese boss made them occasionally for staff meals, I remember he used to wake up very early in the morning to knead them. never actually saw him do it, but it took him several hours just to knead the dough.
so yeah, it would seem that making udon is supposed to be hard.
>>
when they go on sale they are 2.49 for a five pack. Making noodles by hand is a joke if you don't do it every job as your job. Just buy them.
>>
File: manga.jpg (43 KB, 674x514) Image search: [Google]
manga.jpg
43 KB, 674x514
>>7081203
to eat another being is not logical
>>
>>7080102
For me I never thought Udon as a noodle as much as it was just a long dumpling.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.