[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking to cook some chicken adobo tonight and was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_2360[1].jpg (160 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2360[1].jpg
160 KB, 400x300
I'm looking to cook some chicken adobo tonight and was wondering - how do you cook chicken in a pot, keeping it tender, while letting the temperature run high to reduce the sauce? Turning up the heat usually makes chicken get hard.
>>
Are you talking about normal adobo from the philippines, or that shitty caribbean powder shit?

Normal adobo is a low and slow kind of deal. Not sure where you got this 'temperature on high' thing but it's wrong.
>>
>>7077479
Filipino. I know that it's a low and slow simmer process, but it's with covering the top right? How do you cook down the liquid if it's covered?
>>
>>7077486
Never really had an issue with the liquid cooking down. What recipe are you using? Are you adding a bunch of water or something?
>>
>>7077502
No recipe specifically, just thinking about past experience with cooking down sauces - I'm never sure if I should be doing it high or low, covered or uncovered. Basically I'm looking to get tender chicken with a thick sauce.
>>
>>7077516
From looking at the top half dozen or so recipes that come up on google, they're all a little different but none of them look like they'd pose a real problem like you described.

Just follow something that looks reasonably filipino and it will turn out fine. This is a dish that the most brain-dead person can make and it will taste pretty good.

I'm a soy sauce believer but it's a matter of personal taste. I'd rather you sperg about the vinegar. If you want to step up your game try to get your hands on some datu puti vinegar. But growing up we used generic heinz shit because the real stuff wasn't so easily found, and it turned out alright.
>>
If you really have an issue with your sauce being thin you can always just take the chicken out while you reduce down the sauce.
>>
>>7077476
1. braise chicken in sauce on medium - medium low heat until it's done
2. remove chicken from pan, keep warm
3. reduce sauce on high heat, finish seasoning
4. return chicken to sauce
5. serve
>>
just take the fucking chicken out when you reduce the sauce, goddamnit I'm so fucking pissed at you!
>>
>>7077558
you could also just put the pot it in the oven at 165° F or whatever your desired core temperature is
>>
>>7077476
Make sauce first and cook down to almost dry (i.e. sticks to bottom all the time). Then brown chicken in separate pan and add to sauce and simmer for as long as needed for chicken to get tender.
>>
>>7078660
if you've already reduced the sauce then how do you stop it from reducing further and becoming a sticky burnt mess on the bottom of your pan. HURF filipinos can't fucking cook
>>
>>7078751
Because the chicken isn't fully cooked so it'll release enough liquid to make moisten the sauce without turning it into a soup and drying out the chicken by reducing excessively.

Do you understand simmer?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.