[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help /ck/. I have been wanting to make rose butter but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: img_9658.jpg (22 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
img_9658.jpg
22 KB, 400x267
I need help /ck/. I have been wanting to make rose butter but I keep hearing that roses are unsafe for consumption due to pesticides unless bought from an organic florist but there are none where i live. My question is whether or not i can buy from a normal store and just wash off the pesticides or if i should just not chance it. Also cooking with flowers thread.
>>
Many pesticides are absorbed by the plant and there is no reason for a person growing roses to limit those kinds of pesticides as their flowers are not typically eaten. I don't think just washing them off will be sufficient if you want to cook with them.

Why not just buy rosewater?
>>
>>7071206
>Many pesticides are absorbed by the plant

This.

Either buy rose extract and use that, or just mail-order edible rose petals.

Keep in mind that "organic" doesn't mean pesticide-free. It means a different set of pesticides may be used. Organic produce may still have pesticide on it, it's just not those on a specific list.
>>
>>7071206
Duly noted. I have rose water but since i am making cupcakes with it i was afraid that rose would not be strong enough of a flavor and be overpowered so i wanted to reinforce it with rose butter. Do you know of any way to ensure that the rose flavor does become to mellow?
>>
>>7071261
*does not become too mellow
>>
>>7071272

I doubt you'll have a problem. IMHO rose water is very strong. I'd be more worried about having too strong of a rose taste rather than too weak of one.

If you're concerned you can do what >>7071216
said and just mail-order some edible rose petals.

You can also get rose extract (aka rose essential oil). Works the same as vanilla extract, etc.
>>
>>7071261
You can buy organic food grade rose petals online.
>>
I have a rose bush growing in my front yard.
Is something like this safe for consumption or are there roses that can be bad for you? They're red when they bloom, not pink or anything.
Also we don't use any pesticides or anything, but the guy next to us does landscaping. It's just putting down grass every month or so though. I don't know if they use pesticides or if it could get in the rose bush either.

Of course this isn't for now anyway, it only blooms for a couple weeks in late June.
>>
>>7071194
>an organic florist
lol, why is this even a thing?
>>
>>7071366
As far as i know all roses are edible though different varieties taste different but i don't know enough to say which ones are better.
>>
>>7071194
Do you not have any roses around your house? Its been a warm November and some of mine have started blooming again. Consider getting some next spring and if you're in an apartment get you some 7gal pots and plant them in that.
>>
>>7071797
>Do you not have any roses around your house?
>SURELY everyone has roses just abundantly growing wild around the house.

You know what, you're probably right. OP probably has tons of clean, perfect roses growing all around the house but came here to ask us where to buy just that.
>>
Most people can't remember to put fucking ketchup and napkins in a bag or put their seat belt on when they enter a car. You're just that kind of person retard
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.