[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SCHNITZEL/BREADED STEAK THREAD I made a traditional styled cordon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20151111_191116458.jpg (2 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151111_191116458.jpg
2 MB, 2340x4160
SCHNITZEL/BREADED STEAK THREAD

I made a traditional styled cordon bleu a while ago using chicken breast, San Daniele prosciutto, and challerhocker (which actually is totally excellent melted in this fashion) but I found the time spent preparing it was too much. I tried a schnitzel von cordon bleu instead where you pound the pork cutlets and fold in cheese and ham and then you bread (no toothpicks). the folding method was easier to work with, breaded nicely and shallow fried in my cast iron for six minutes came out crispy, cooked, and very easy to cut and manipulate on the plate.

what do you guys think is better rolled or folded??
>>
looks like a hot pocket
>>
>>7066170
Pounded flat and folded because I'm awful at butterflying meat.

I think that's the authentic way to do it anyway for cordon bleu.
>>
>>7066175
kinda does you're right. except less bread, more meat!
>>
>>7066205
probably right, and with the chicken the butcher hooked me up with a MASSIVE breast that I probably should've cut into there not two pieces. any good links for butterflying techniques??
>>
File: IMG_20151111_194844076.jpg (3 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151111_194844076.jpg
3 MB, 2340x4160
what I like about the folding technique is that there is no need for baking, and I can make a few and eat them throughout the week.
>>
>>7066217
First two cuts like he does, then butterfly the breast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KiVTlqzF8k
>>
>>7066307
Wow this is super helpful! Thanks for the link
>>
I've thought about making an inside out cordon bleu where I wrap the cheese and meat around the breast and bread it, do you guys think that would work out well?
>>
>>7067672
depends on your cheese I can't see it holding up while it fries. attempt and post pics
>>
File: le cordon blue.jpg (131 KB, 1024x557) Image search: [Google]
le cordon blue.jpg
131 KB, 1024x557
>>7067672

or just put the cheese and ham on top of the chicken, like arby's.
>>
Rada rada?
>>
>>7066170
Not sure since I've never made it.

Am curious to how to do either though. Looks tasty.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.