[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do yall season your ramen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: ramen-noodles-200x130.jpg (8 KB, 200x130) Image search: [Google]
ramen-noodles-200x130.jpg
8 KB, 200x130
How do yall season your ramen?
>>
with the seasoning packet
>>
Drain the water, slab of butter, a bit of milk, seasoning packet, cayenne pepper, ground red pepper, lemon juice, peppercorn medley grinder.

>Basically like a faggot.
>>
two spoons of garlic powder and some tabasco sauce
>>
I cook my ramen in a homemade stock made from:

water
light soy sauce
mirin
miso paste
sake
ginger
garlic
chili
scallions
pork belly
star anise
cinnamon

I serve it up with a few slices of pork belly, scallions, boiled eggs and top it off with lots of Heinz ketchup.
>>
Knorr Chicken Stock Pot

You should try it
>>
>>7063421
This. I work in a 2 star kitchen and we use it all the time!
>>
>>7063247
Put a can of smoked sardines in those bitches. Thank anon l8r.
>>
>>7063451
this was essentially how i felt when i realized that taco seasoning goes on everything
>>
>>7063419
>star anise and cinnamon

overboard
>>
>>7063247
Use the seasoning sachet.
Dried Chili flakes
American Chicken Jerk powder.
Trying to eat something spicy every day
>>
peanut butter/tahini, toasted garlic, bit of soy sauce, splash of vinegar, splash of sesame oil if not using tahini
>>
>>7063419
Why the FUCK would you put ketchup on it? 'Murica ffs..
>>
I add Garlic powder, Minced garlic, onion flakes, red pepper flakes, Cilantro, Ground black pepper, Cumin, and parsley.

Then I fry some sliced chicken in a pan with a good bit of butter and dump it in when it's nice and browned up, butter and all. Mix it together with the seasoning packet.

Basically, I take a year off my life each time.
>>
>>7063551
Nah, it gives it a nice subtle aroma that I enjoy.

>>7063624
Because I want to fuck my shit up.
>>
File: 1313710708373.png (259 KB, 463x462) Image search: [Google]
1313710708373.png
259 KB, 463x462
>>7063551
cinnamon maybe. the anus givs great savoury power. with the bay lEaf chicken becomes unstoppable
>>
use sesame oil, consarnit!
>>
>>7063247
Fried onion, paprika, chilli oil and soy sauce
>>
>>7063421
That's actually not a bad idea..
>>
>>7063247
i like to add brown sugar and ginger, and only use about 3/4 of the seasoning packet (too much salt)

turns out pretty good
>>
Make 3 Packs of Ramen then mix up a pack of cheese as directed from mack and cheese.
>>
>>7063618
Thank you, based anon. I am doing this as soon as I can eat solid food again.
>>
>>7063715
My fellow /c/ook!
I also like to add some chili
>>
>>7063247
rainbow sprinkles
>>
>>7063247
With the spice that is included in the top ramen package
>>
>>7063247
With some soy and some sweet chili sauce.
>>
>>7063247
I like to make up a big batch of my trademark sweet dessert ramen at least once a week.
>>
>>7063247
No. Just add whatever cheap ass meat I have and my homemade hot sauce.
>>
Chicken, cheeses,garlic and butter
>>
File: Garlic_Press_and_Garlic.jpg (74 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
Garlic_Press_and_Garlic.jpg
74 KB, 800x550
>>7063247
>>
>>7063247
shit and piss
>>
I guess I'm a shitty ramen eater because I just use the seasoning packet. If I'm feeling high class I'll go for the Shin Ramyun black.
>>
File: Lol_Unicorn_by_RamenNoodle04.jpg (58 KB, 697x835) Image search: [Google]
Lol_Unicorn_by_RamenNoodle04.jpg
58 KB, 697x835
I like putting little unicorns on it surrounded by peas and cute little umbrellas.
>>
>>7063403
Are you me?
>>
I only puy Scallions, and egg, soy sauce, and some of whatever meat I have. Then grind or cut up some dry seaweed to sprinkle on top.
Sometimes carrots and cabbage too.

Will Sake and Mirin taste good with Ramen?
I only eat Sapporo Ichiban if it makes a difference
>>
>>7063421
I've done this forever, but with cup ramen
It's great
Basically
>lemon juice
>knorr chicken stock pot
>soy sauce
Probably the soidum intake of a few days though
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 340x294) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 340x294
>>
With your mother's love nectar
>>
>>7063247
Less than half the flavor pack
Red pepper flakes
Onion powder
Some lime/lemon juice
Cholula
>>
With Shin Ramyun, I put in a boiled egg, some spring onion, the flavour packs of course, and some thinly sliced meat.
I tried boiling enoki mushrooms with it today, but I think I overcooked them. Anyone got any advice for cooking them?
>>
If it is the shitty ramen that is like 24 packs for $3 then butter, soy sauce and asian tears. If it's decent prepackaged ramen, I use the 3-5 seasoning and oil and sauce packets that come with it and just eat it like god intended.
>>
>>7063421

Marco pls go
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.