[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I work as a consultant and drink an ungodly amount of coffee.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: coffee.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
coffee.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
I work as a consultant and drink an ungodly amount of coffee. At work I usually average a cup an hour. I've never had any problems with this before, but starting next week I'll be on a client in Utah for a few weeks. My understanding is that the business is Mormon owned and does not provide its workers with coffee. What do I do? Do I get some big thermoses and fill up in the hotel in the morning? Switch to caffeine pills for the trip? Hit a coffee shop every morning and afternoon? I don't particularly care about the coffee quality, but I'm going to be in a terrible mood without it.
>>
Use pills and ween yourself off you fucking manbaby. Addiction is neither funny nor cool nor good in any way.

>yeah bro I totally need coffee bro

how about die
>>
>>7062860
go to the local walmart or what have you and buy a cheap coffee maker and some folgers and keep it at your desk/workspace. Leave it there when you leave and i'm sure some employees will appreciate it. Mormons are usually pretty tolerant of others. Or if you're a cheap fuck and REALLY don't care just make instant coffee, but you won't do that.
>>
File: Ashamed.jpg (42 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Ashamed.jpg
42 KB, 400x300
Also

>April Fool's Day
>Working at a client site
>The partner told the client to load the machine with decaf for the day
>By 3 o'clock I felt like I might die

Pic related, it's my face when I found out my coworkers and the client had conspired against me
>>
>>7062870
Actually the hotel room will probably have a coffee maker I can take to the client site. Hopefully the client doesn't get mad.
>>
>>7062860
>My understanding is that the business is Mormon owned
You should ask the boss lots of questions about the planet that he's supposed to be rewarded with after he dies and what he thinks it will be like.
>>
>>7062879
hotel coffee makers usually require special coffee pouches that you can't buy readily. They also are usually only single or double cups servings.

for 20 bucks you can get a pretty decent 8 or 12 cup that will take standard coffee.

If you want to cheap, go to a thrift store. Only 2-3 bucks for a working machine.
>>
>>7062879
I just moved from Washington to Utah, and I can assure you that most Mormons aren't actually that judgy about non-Mormons drinking booze or coffee, so if you bring a thermos of coffee with you most people likely won't bat an eye.

If you're anywhere in the greater Ogden/SLC/Provo area (also known as Mega Suburb 1) you should have no trouble finding coffee. There are shops everywhere. Most of them suck, but they are everywhere.

The only time you might have trouble is down in Utah county or out in the boonies where the more strict Mormons live, and at the worst you might get a little speech about how coffee is bad for you.

OTOH you could have some seriously entertaining conversations with younger Mormons who have never tried coffee or alcohol. Since the older Mormons have done a pretty good job of mystifying these things, the younger Mormons have some frankly hilarious ideas about what caffeine and alcohol do to you.

My favorite was a young guy who was afraid of alcohol because his dad told him he saw a guy drink a beer once and lose control of his arms. So he was terrified that if he ever drank alcohol, he'd start flailing about uncontrollably.

I'm sure there's some poor Mormon kid out there who thinks that coffee makes your balls shrivel up and your nose fall off. Have fun with that.
>>
>>7062879
bring the hotel coffee maker to work
>>
>being a fucking nicotine or caffeine addict

end yourself family
>>
i'm a consultant too and i drink a 24oz cup of coffee every morning

don't understand consultants who work more than 8 hours. learn to prioritize.
>>
I live in utah. It suuuuuuucks here. But I'm pretty sure you could get away with bringing coffee in. BUT if you're going to be in st george try zoomerz were a delivery company and will deliver your coffee to you.
>>
>>7063186
>zoomerz were a delivery company

Were? Did they stop?
>>
How can you even get addicted to caffeine? I'm addicted to nicotine and to a lesser extent alcohol. I really like caffiene and drink it alot but I don't even notice if I go without it. Can it give you withdrawal and make you feel awful if you don't have it?
>>
>>7062870
>Mormons
>tolerant
pick one
>>
>>7062871
That is fucked up
>>
caffeine pills are the bomb. get some with added taurin and guarana.
>>
>>7062871
>>7063666

it's a harmless prank, you babies
>>
>>7062860

> drinking coffee

if your life is so poor that you need coffee to function, you need to change jobs
>>
bring a thermos.
>>
>>7063675
>harmless
>half of the company is ineffective for a whole day
>still paid
I'm sure their boss loved the outcome.
>>
>>7063796
>half the company are drug addicts who can't go 3 hours without a fix

Sounds like they've got bigger problems.
>>
>>7063835
Lmao weed
>>
File: cafe_bustelo_instant_.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
cafe_bustelo_instant_.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>7062860

duh
>>
File: 1.jpg (100 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
100 KB, 600x900
>>7062860
>>
>>7063100
>drink alcohol
>start flailing uncontrollably

I mean

He's not wrong
>>
>>7063100
So is Mormonism just like the ultimate dad troll?
>>
>>7062860
drinking coffee to the point where you need a cup of coffee to get to your 'normal' state is fucking idiotic, cut back to max 2-3 cups a day and you will feel much better
I'm saying this as someone whos been down that road before, it fucking sucks
>>
>>7063922
Kinda, yeah.

It started as a reformist sect in the 1800s when, admittedly, boozing was fucking rampant so anything they could say or do to scare people was acceptable.

It's an Institutional Dad Troll.
>>
File: 1350347202234.jpg (18 KB, 305x362) Image search: [Google]
1350347202234.jpg
18 KB, 305x362
>People think being addicted to a drug in order to meet their demands of their corporate overlords is 'le every day normal office culture XD'
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
File: KEK.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
KEK.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
>>7062869
dude lel ugh don't like talk to me until I've my ugh le morning coffee :D ugh
>>
>>7063246

Yeah you can have withdrawal symptoms from caffeine, my dad for instance normally gets splitting headaches if he doesn't have a couple cups of coffee/day. He doesn't even drink energy drinks or other high caffeine products.
>>
>>7063246
>I really like caffiene and drink it alot but I don't even notice if I go without it

Is that true? Because I don't think I'm addicted to caffeine, but if I do go 2-3 days without it I will break out in cold sweats, chills, and headaches. But after a day or two the symptoms go away. I don't even drink that much. Like 2 sodas every 3-4 days.
>>
>>7064670
thisssss
>>
>>7062860
Get some pills.
>>
My fiancee is consultant too (for one of the big 3), working very hard, and although she hates coffee, she really needs some. When she doesn't have access to it, she usually secretly takes those unhealthy cans of Red Bull or something like that.
She also had that case once where the client doesn't provide coffee, not sure why. So whenever she has a break, she goes to the nearest coffee shop, even for 2 minutes only.
And yeah pills also, but they are hard as fuck to get in this country.
>>
>>7064851
Yea, I do drink some almost daily but never even notice when it isn't there. I'm the same with cigarettes, I smoke between 2-5 a day but could just as easily go without them, I admit I'm more addicted to nicotine than caffiene though because given the choice between the two I'd take the cigarette. Alcohol is my bad one, I used to be physically addicted to where I had to have it. I got better but still crave it.
>>
>>7062860
Dont bring a thermose, it looks wierd.
>>
>>7064670
You should see some of the shit that happens in consulting if you think drinking a lot of coffee is bad.

>Coworker takes unholy amounts of Adderall on top of 4-5 cups of coffee a day
>Gets drunk every night
>Takes a benzos like candy to sleep

>Coworker dislikes his wife and regrets getting married but for some reason don't want to get a divorce
>Travels as much as possible and refuses to work on local clients
>Spends weekends away from home claiming he's working even though he isn't

>7064948
I really hope she doesn't travel a lot. I've seen constant business travel wreck some marriages.
>>
Buy some pills, much easier to bring along.
>>
>>7065502
kek
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.