[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10
File: 1447047003278.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447047003278.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
Well?
>>
Depends on the rotation of the staff, how frequently you attend and the diversity of the menu.

Either way, don't start saying "the usual" unless they offer first. Makes you look like a faggot.
>>
>>7061799
That's all based on special relativity.

>E=mc2

E is the constant of the same meal, and it equals to the (m) months the diner has been open x (c) the continual flow of customers, or how busy it is, squared.
>>
You don't. The server/bartender will ask you if you want "the usual" or just have your beer waiting for you when you get done saying hi to the other regulars
>>
Weekly visits over the course of three to six months around the same time.
>>
File: 1424814024552.png (439 KB, 509x623) Image search: [Google]
1424814024552.png
439 KB, 509x623
>in college, make a few bucks sweeping the floor and bussing in korean bbq shop
>fat weaboo with black hoodie and sailor moon shirt always coming in
>keeps trying to get waiters to desperately remember him
>orders same shit everytime
>"hello, ch..chingu...i..ill have my usual..."
>waiter has no idea what he's talking about bc he's a forgettable gringo sperg
>then proceeds to mangle his order in korean and eventually just points to it on the menu
>he does this week in, week out, servers never pick up what he wants
>hoping he can fulfill his fantasy of being buddy-buddy with the folks at a korean restaurant
>maybe make some friends some day and impress them when he comes in and they have his order ready for him, slapping him on the back, sharing bottles of soju and regaling his friends with tales of Hyo-Sun Darryl's wild stories at the restaurant

He stopped coming in after 3 or 4 months of this. He probably found a more sympathetic joint or killed himself.
>>
>>7061799
depends on the day, you could go every week for every day of your life and it wouldnt matter as long as you came during a rush.
>>
>>7061799
I was about to ask why you're seriously going to cafés in cosplay regularly then I realized this was the wrong board.
>>
>>7061799

This has actually happened to me. There's a quiet little mom and pop sandwich shop near where I work and the club sandwich they make is bad-ass. It's so good that I never really ordered anything else, and just got that every time I was in there. I'd say after about 6 months to a year of going in at least once a week and ordering that it got to the point where I could walk in and they'd literally ask "Do you want the usual?"

Since then their wait staff has changed, and I started varying my ordering a lot more so unfortunately it doesn't happen anymore.

tl;dr : what this guy said >>7061832
>>
I can do this at a few bars in my town. They all know I want a tall Miller and a shot of well whiskey. Usually they ask, "the usual?" before I sit so sometimes I don't have to say anything. It would be cool if I weren't dying inside
>>
File: 1446897498206.png (1 MB, 1800x1440) Image search: [Google]
1446897498206.png
1 MB, 1800x1440
>You'll never know the feeling of sitting down in a booth without even speaking to the cashier and still getting your order exactly the way you like it with a smile and a bit of sincere small-talk

Now I'm sad again.
>>
when the waiter says to you, "The usual?"
>>
File: 1244918119073.png (227 KB, 593x427) Image search: [Google]
1244918119073.png
227 KB, 593x427
>ordering the same thing over and over

holy fuck I bet it's tendies too you lame faggot
>>
>>7061799
enough times for you to be recognized by the staff (i.e. when they've specifically asked you if you want X dish a number of times already)
>>
>>7061799
I belong to a country club and I have 2 usuals so the servers have fun with guessing which one I'm going to get that day
>>
>>7061799
Why would you order the same thing for so long instead of trying something new?
>>
>>7062132
>nuggets/10, made me giggle

Captcha asked me to select all the food
>>
>>7061799
I order the same thing every time, then when they offer to me again "cafe latte again?" I change it to a cafe machiatto or something. Fucking bitch don't offer me shit I will do the ordering
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-10-23-05-13.png (212 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-10-23-05-13.png
212 KB, 480x854
/thread
>>
File: 1.jpg (31 KB, 768x357) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
31 KB, 768x357
>>7061799
>be decent looking
>go to a restaurant ~3 times
>by the fourth they remember me and ask if I want the usual
>tell them no and get something different
>come in again
>oh hey anon! You want the x meal right with the y drink right?
>no actually I want z
>this happens 3 more times
>stopped going
>>
>>7061799
I would leave when the waiter/waitress would recognize me.
> inb4 socially awkward
>>
>>7061822
This.
>local deli/convenience store
>don't even go often, really, maybe once every few months
>owner still knows me by name even though I never see him
>always ordering for entire family
>mom is a grilled ham and cheese, always
>dad is tuna hoagie/grinder/sub/whatever you want to call it
>my order "changes" as in I rarely order the same dish, but I almost always get whatever the special is, which is always something different
>>
>>7062528
I tend to do this. I'll try different things initially, but I tend to settle on one thing and order it ever time at most restaurants I frequent.

Never had a waitress ask me if I want "the usual" in those words, usually they ask if I'm having <whatever dish>.
>>
>>7062183
Aren't you a bit old to be posting on a Laotian hieroglyphics sharing forum grampa?
>>
I actually did have a Thai restaurant in my hometown that did this. Literally all I would do is call and say "I'd like to place a to go order," and they'd tell me it would be ready in 15 minutes. Didn't even need my name. Probably didn't hurt that not many people ate there, it was always empty when I went in.
>>
File: Lexington Market.jpg (908 KB, 2304x1536) Image search: [Google]
Lexington Market.jpg
908 KB, 2304x1536
>>7061799
when you go there and they just make it for you, no words.

i used to get breakfast at lexington market in baltimore everyday, and the korean guy who took my order didn't really speak english but he knew my order everyday; scrapple, eggs, hashbrowns
>>
I once knew this really pathetic guy that lived in one of the worst places I've ever seen and spent all his money on nice suits (on sale) and a leased BMW. He took me and some friends out to a local dive bar and when he walked in asked for the usual and began chatting with a bartender that clearly did not like him. He was trying to impress us with the fact that he was a regular in a shitty bar that he visited often enough to have a regular order. The other regulars looked like unemployed 50-year-olds and this dude was in his early 30's, getting started on his life of misery.

Anyways, being a regular isn't necessarily a good thing.
>>
>>7061799
The only time this has happened to me was at uni, when there was a pub directly across the street from halls. I think it was about 50 visits, or a couple of months, but eventually they started pouring my beer as soon as I walked in the door.

One time I was so hungover I had to stop them and order a coke instead. The bartender who poured it said "even the coke is surprised".
>>
There is the hot asian milf at a cafe I go to who keeps calling me handsome and when I was away for a week was like "I missed you so much"

wat do, I'm not good with women and she's like 40 but has that hot asian mom look and I really wanna put my P*E*N*I*S in her V*A*G*I*N*A
>>
Worked at a fast food place for awhile. Most of the morning regulars got mad if you didn't remember their special orders.
On the flip side, a guy at McDonald's once remembered my order before I said it. That's when I stopped eating out.
>>
>>7066089
Just DO her
>>
I've worked at at gyro place for 15 years. I'm basically a jack of all trades, but I normally work on the grill and sometimes cashier. I know the regulars really well. Some of them get extremely assblasted if I don't remember their order. I always remember the really chill ones though.
>>
>>7066125

I worked at Arby's in High school, and there was a horrible little man who upon the first day of me working there said, "I'll have my regular." When I looked at him like he was crazy, he briefly explained what that was, and then proceeded every time he came in to reinforce that he'd have his usual meal.

When you feel the need to train staff from a fast food joint to feed you the same thing every day is the day you're going to die horribly alone.
>>
>Go to a diner in town
>Been going since I was little, know everyone who works there
>hostess always knows I'll sit at a bar seat if I'm alone
>already gets me my drink before the waitress because she already knows
>Waitress xyz comes over and we talk a lot, normally about work, my parents or their kids
>"Do you want a, b, or c?"
>They already know what I normally get with it or don't get
It's nice to feel like part of the family at a small place like that. I'm going to be sad when the owners pass away, and hope they'll give it to their son who already manages there rather than sell it out. There was another diner I used to go to but then they sold it out to the loudest and rudest Greeks, I felt bad for the people there.
>>
>>7066163
Yeah it was the same experience at my place (Jack in the Box). It was always seniors coming in for breakfast and free coffee. We had to cook eggs with a hard yolk and they'd always complain about it. Yes, I know how to cook an egg, but we don't cook them to order here.
>>
>>7066089
40 for an Asian is like 27 for a whitey.

Fuck her.
>>
There's this little greek pizzeria in the next town over that I go to on a semi-regular basis and they know me its pretty cool desu senpai
>>
at my uni there was an einsteins where I would always get a pizza bagel. One day I walked in and the person who makes the food handed me a pizza bagel before I even ordered it. I never went back because tfw socially awkward
>>
I go to a coffee bar every morning on my way to work and i don't have to say anything, they just see me and start pouring a coffee for me. Really nice girls, we make small talk about the weather.

I'm also a regular at my local bar, but I try to order something different each time. The bartender always knows me name though and likes to make chit chat
>>
File: 1440861441192.png (455 KB, 1048x700) Image search: [Google]
1440861441192.png
455 KB, 1048x700
>>7066252
>"Do you want a, b, c or... me?"
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 500x313
> Went to a local McDonalds
> Came back week after
> Guy in the register recognizes me
> Cool guy
> Never really remembered My name, but he knew My face
> this went on for a couple of months
> family is moving
> going there for the last time

Mfw
>>
>>7066089
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
>>
>>7066064
>"even the coke is surprised"
kek
>>
File: 1442525247052.jpg (16 KB, 232x197) Image search: [Google]
1442525247052.jpg
16 KB, 232x197
>>7066580
>who are you again?
>>
>>7061799
I don't know about cafes, but at bars where you order the same thing consistently, its usually been around 4 times for me.
>>
>>7061812
>>7061822

These.

The barista/bartender/server will deal with lots of customers. Don't be surprised if he doesn't remember you even if you've been there a bunch of times.

I worked as a barista, usually simple or easy custom orders is a easy way to get me to get you a usual. Telling jokes or just chatting up the employee works too, since they'll remember you.
>>
After two weeks of going to the same Dutch Bros. before work they knew who I was and what I always order.

But for a café I guess you'd have to go once every week or something, at the same time on the same day.
>>
>>7061956
Fucking Multiculturalism.
>>
>>7061932
This, although they knew what I like within the first month because I go there almost every day
>>
>>7061799
When I was in high school. I'd go to Subway 3-4 times a week after school.
It was almost always the same guy working there.
I'd always get extra cheese, and after a couple months, he stopped charging me the extra 50 cents for cheese.
>>
>>7066469
Morelike
>"A, b, c or... D?"
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.