[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On the habaneros I've bought it says "add at the end
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
On the habaneros I've bought it says "add at the end of cooking"
Why? Doesn't that make less of the flavor spread in whatever you're making. Also I expected them to be like 10 times hotter than normal chili with all the shit people say. It's more like 2. And they're smaller.
>>
>>7055681
I'd cook along with the sauteing onions/aromatics.
>>
>Doesn't that make less of the flavor spread in whatever you're making.

Yes.

Add them in the beginning, the heat gets distributed for a nice even burn.

At the end, the heat tends to be concentrated in the peppers themselves.

1 larger pepper provides a nice flavor with a very even and manageable burn.

2 larger peppers creates a lot of heat, flavor, and is still enjoyable.

3 or more starts to take too much flavor away from the rest of the meal.

YMMV
>>
File: paranoia14.jpg (75 KB, 530x435) Image search: [Google]
paranoia14.jpg
75 KB, 530x435
>>7055681
>being so afraid of a pig that you need an assult rifle
What is it with americans and guns?
>>
>>7055834
I think it's more a cheap and convenient way of killing them if you already have one lying around.
Pig looks like it wants to have fucking go though
>>
>>7055825
My dad made some kind of pumpkin soup once with habaneros in it once. The recipe called for two of them to be added whole near the end of cooking and then pulled out just to add the flavor and some heat. He figured that since he liked spicy food and hanbaneros were small, he'd add six or eight of them and he added them at the start. The habaneros basically just disintegrated into the soup as it was cooking.

I tried some of it and it was literally like trying to eat a bowl of hot sauce, not enjoyable at all to me. I'll give my dad credit though, he refused to admit defeat and ended up eating it all himself over the next few days.
>>
>>7055825
So basically whomever printed the package is retarded?
>>
>>7055834
Everything and anything that can be used as a weapon can be categorized as "assault." Fucking ignorant, propaganda spreading, self asshole rimming, cum slut.
>>
>>7055834
Should he have used a gun rifle instead?
>>
>>7055864
Pretty much.

Probably a cover your ass move on their part because some people can't handle the heat of even one.

I think the habenero has the perfect amount of heat for cooking, great flavor, and they're my go to peppers in any meal I want to add heat to....which is most.
>>
File: Hog 36.jpg (141 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Hog 36.jpg
141 KB, 800x600
>>
File: WC762x40.jpg (39 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
WC762x40.jpg
39 KB, 350x263
>>
File: Imgp2909.jpg (71 KB, 800x409) Image search: [Google]
Imgp2909.jpg
71 KB, 800x409
>>7055874
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't one of the first successful intermediate cartridge fed select fire rifles get named literally "assault rifle 44"?

Why do gun nuts go ballistic when someone correctly acknowledges the military roots of say, the 5.56mm NATO cartridge?

Suppose one accepts that having davy crockett tactical nukes and anthrax dispensing mortars is enshrined by the Founding Faters in the Second Amendment because this is the only way we can avoid tyranny.

That means that the Second Amendment was about shooting people with a gun. Oh sorry "rifle" before you go all /k/ spergy on me.

So in what way does it detract from the gun rights position, if you say "assault rifle"?

Why pretend it's not for shooting people, if we're supposed to say that shooting people is a virtuous thing for Real Patriots to do?

Why is "assault rifle" a dirty word?

You people sound like Stallman going off about GNU/Linux. Calm the fuck down.
>>
>>7055861
"Nah, man it's good. You're just a bunch of babies" He said with tears, not of sadness, rolling down his cheeks
>>
>>7055905
Full auto assault weapon vs semi auto rifle. The liberals love to blur the lines to make it easier to get sheeple behind their gun ban efforts.

And are you trying to refer to the STG-44?
>>
>>7055905
Because the gun lobby has decided it's bad and American gun owners can't think for themselves
>>
>>7055905
Because an actual assault rifle is already illegal to sell to the public if it was made after 86. Anti-gun gun arguments are rife with ignorance and loaded terminology, so people tended to get a little thin skinned about it.

But this shit isn't /ck/.
>>
>>7055939
Plus is an incorrect designation. But that's okay. We don't expect libtard anti-gunners to think for themselves.
>>
>>7055938
>Full auto assault weapon vs semi auto rifle.
Get your story straight. A semi auto rifle can be an assault weapon. There is no debate here, that is now a legal term like it or not. An assault rifle is normally a select fire rifle, in an intermediate cartridge. Although it's common to say "assault rifle" when referring to the semiauto-only version of the same weapon, since, for most people, automatic fire is pretty much just for fun.

Unfortunately gun nuts in their zeal to make guns appealing to all possible points of view simultaneously (a goal which is impossible but that doesn't stop them from trying), have decided that "assault" is no longer acceptable in the lexicon because guns are "just tools" (except when they acquire quasi-religious significance in the bizarre religion of Founding Fathers worship, where people make up clever-sounding quotes and attribute them to dead people, which is approximately as hilarious as Vietnamese Cao Dai).

So they've become professional revisionists, trying to make everyone forget that assault rifle was ideologically correct for most of the 20th century.
>>
File: images.png (12 KB, 276x182) Image search: [Google]
images.png
12 KB, 276x182
>>7055943
>it's incorrect even though it was perfectly correct for nearly 50 years
There really is a Linux
>>
>>7055952
You are like an assembly line stamped anti-gun robot, pre-loaded with the same bullshit the rest of you are brainwashed to believe.

It's comical. Since this isn't /k/, I won't continue. But if you'd like your ass handed to you by a barrage of facts (something quite foreign to gun haters) then head on over to the weapons board. We'll be waiting.
>>
>>7055987
Oh I'm well aware of how things are on /k/

There are regular people who think guns are neat but actually have lives and non-insane political beliefs (you call them "fudds"), and then there are people who think that the wrong clicking noise in some action movie is a sign of a secret liberal plot to steal your precious semen and mix it with flouride toothpaste.

I would be one of the "fudds". I'm sure we've clashed before.
>>
>>7055874
so much salt
>>
>>7055681
it doesn't take but a moment for the heat/flavor to spread, and the heat mellows the more you cook it
>>
>>7055681
>Why? Doesn't that make less of the flavor spread in whatever you're making

Cooking hot peppers near the beginning makes them lose their flavor, so as long as you chop them finely and toss whatever you're making, putting them in at the end makes more sense.
>>
>>7055980
assault rifle means a select fire rifle
99.9% of the rifles in the US are semi auto rifles which aren't assault rifles
>>
sometimes you want the flavour of something to spread evenly throughout the dish, and sometimes you don't. do you want the flavour of pickles and ketchup *inside* your hot dog? do you want the flavour of sauerkraut *inside* your bread?

flavour encapsulation is a thing. habaneros have a subtle flavour and they taste really good fresh. it's good sometimes not to obliterate that by cooking them into a dish, especially if you aren't generating new flavour compounds such as those from roasting. just dumping them into a stew is only gonna make the stew hot and taste very vaguely of habanero. sprinkling them finely chopped over the top is gonna make the habanero flavour a big part of the dish. it's basically the same principle as with tender herbs like parsley or tarragon.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.