[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we list our favorite foods >favorite food and why >favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: international-food[1].png (444 KB, 727x569) Image search: [Google]
international-food[1].png
444 KB, 727x569
ITT: we list our favorite foods

>favorite food and why
>favorite international cuisine (e.g. mexican, japanese, italian, chinese, indian, american, etc...) and why
>favorite food you like to cook yourself
>favorite fast food restaurant

I'll start with my pleb tastes:
>Sushi (all kinds), they're bite sized and taste really good, haven't had bad tasting sushi
>Japanese food, because sushi. but don't know much else about japanese food tbqh
>chicken + rice, i'm a terrible cook and it's the only thing i know how to cook
>Chipotle, tastes good, supposed to have fresh and unprocessed ingredients

trying to broaden what i eat and want to find out what else is good
>>
File: Minty-Thai-Beef-Salad-superJumbo.jpg (553 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
Minty-Thai-Beef-Salad-superJumbo.jpg
553 KB, 2048x1365
>>7054397

Any type of greens based salad with roasted meat on top of it is my favorite food.

I eat salad twice a day as a main meal. I've always loved it, no idea why. It's a perfect meal in my opinion.
>>
>favorite food and why
Sushi is one of those dishes I just never get tired of
>favorite international cuisine (e.g. mexican, japanese, italian, chinese, indian, american, etc...) and why
Not sure. I cook a lot of Japanese and Mexican food. Italian food is good but I hardly ever make it in an authentic way.
Different stews. They're filling, nutritious, easy to make and very satisfying
Local Indian takeout place has amazingly good food at shockingly low prices
>>
File: 1397064663934.jpg (62 KB, 468x425) Image search: [Google]
1397064663934.jpg
62 KB, 468x425
>>7054401

>I eat salad twice a day as a main meal
>>
File: spaghetti.jpg (13 KB, 295x157) Image search: [Google]
spaghetti.jpg
13 KB, 295x157
>>7054397
>choosing
But that's so haaaard.
I'll just reply with multiple answers
>Fave food
Spaghetti, gyro, tacos, sushi, salad, shrimp, beef jerky, and that sweet potato+marshmallows combo
>Fave int cuisine and why
I'd say Mexican, but I don't think I've ever tried anything besides fajitas and nachos... So probably Southern Mediterranean food. I just can't get enough of seafood and they really know how to cook.
>Fave cook yourself
Oh... um... omelette? I really should start learning how to cook for myself instead of watching recipe videos...
>Fast Food
Do donuts count? There's this really good donut shop near me. I wish I can make some myself one day...
>>
>favorite food and why
I like meats with sauce. Like chicken paprikash, butter chicken, pot roast. It's comfort food for me.

>favorite international cuisine and why
Indian. Again, I like sauces, and curries really hit the spot.

Soup. It's easy and comfy. I make a pot of soup and eat it for days.

Culver's. All I ever get there is the chicken tenders and cheese curds, and of course the frozen custard. I rarely eat fast food, and when I do it's almost always Culver's. Qdobe (chipotle clone) is good too I guess, but they lose points for not having ice cream.
>>
>>7054586
*Qdoba
>>
>>7054449
vegetables and meat without too many carbs like potatoes and rice, they are good meals
>>
File: point point.gif (2 MB, 500x198) Image search: [Google]
point point.gif
2 MB, 500x198
>favorite food and why
seafood with chili? basically any combination. i really like japanese fair food (takoyaki and okonomiyaki and proper dark meat yakitori) too
i know the most about japanese food because i'm a weaboo piece of shit and mediterranean because my dad is cypriot greek and was raised in spain... maybe tapas? small things with lots of variety suit me well.
i make a lot of ceviche and stirfries and spicy risottos when i'm cooking for myself... i'm that guy that spends his day off "relaxing" trying weird new recipes for things and screaming at youtube instructionals for the most part. the worst thing i've ever tried to cook was dango. i couldn't get it into small balls to steam, it just ended up stuck to everything and my sauce went hard.
i don't really eat fast food? i'm in the UK which cuts my choice down a lot too. there's a kebab place by here that makes their own really good tzatziki so probably them.
>>
>favorite food and why
Chips and salsa. Because it's the food of the gods.
Greek/Mediterranean. Why? Because it tastes good. What kind of question is that?
Sushi. Because it's easy as fuck and impresses people who don't know how hilariously easy it is.
Sheetz. But if that's too obscure for you, then Burger King.
>>
>>7054397
>favorite food and why
How do people pick just one? Avocados in any form, Rissoto, most things with mushrooms for that matter, tropical fruits, Hot and Sour Soup, Pickles, Pomegranates.
Mexican. So good and fresh and spicy and salty and greasy.
Butternut Squash soup
Chipotle
>>
File: chocolata.jpg (181 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
chocolata.jpg
181 KB, 1600x1200
>favorite food and why
Mexican seafood why? Because I like raw seafood and Mexican preparations are the best when it comes to that

>favorite international cuisine
Mexican. You have a bit of everything when it comes to Mexican. Street food, home cooking and even modern mexican is becoming big

Mole is one of them. Versatile as fuck and you can leave it for days to weeks and add some shit once in awhile to come out better

probably carls jr or jack's tacos. not a big fan

pic related
>>
>>7055238
>i'm that guy that spends his day off "relaxing" trying weird new recipes for things and screaming at youtube instructionals for the most part
i want to be that guy too tbqh

>>7055244
>Because it's easy as fuck and impresses people who don't know how hilariously easy it is.
need to try this too. not good with fish
>>
File: halaszle koz.jpg (67 KB, 630x419) Image search: [Google]
halaszle koz.jpg
67 KB, 630x419
>favorite food and why
A perfect rare steak, matcha green tea, Thai green curry, most seafood, seaweed salad, sweet potato
>favorite international cuisine
There are so many I have yet to try and I like almost all of what I've sampled so far. Any except Italian or Western Europe because that's pretty common in U.S, common but still delicious. Thai maybe, bright, fruity, spicy flavors.
I love cooking anything new or challenging. Even if it's a tried and true recipe I'll change it up just to experiment. This last year I have been finding every opportunity to make halászlé. Delicious, filling, spicy.
Long John Silvers is a guilty pleasure.
>>
>favorite food and why
Smazeny syr (fried breadcrumbed Edam served with chips and creamy tartar sauce). Based and its surreal hearing your arteries clog.
Indian. Love the different curries and rices, very colourful set of dishes.
Beef and parsnip stew with dumplings
KFC (never really go to fast food restaurants but I loved the popcorn chicken when I went there once)
>>
File: crumpetspoachedeggs.jpg (170 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
crumpetspoachedeggs.jpg
170 KB, 500x494
>>7054397

>Sunday Roast
Delicious food, healthy completely meal, family tradition.
>Indian Food
Love spicy food.
>Crumpets and poached eggs,
Simple but awesome. Great for breakfast.
>Yo Sushi
I like sushi but I cannot be bothered trying to make it myself.
>>
>>7054397
>favorite food and why
Potato in any form, I like other things more but I always like a potato side dish

Indian, few places do lamb as well as them

Beef stew in the slow cooker, can put nearly anything in and it keeps for days and is delicious

Probably subway since I can get a footlong and eat half for lunch and finish the rest later without it being disgusting cold
>>
>>7056127
> halászlé
i just googled that and it sounds fucking amazing, i'm gonna have to try it out. do you have any tips for the stock?
>>
>>7056305
do you use rings to poach, dude?
>>
>>7054397
>mexican, japanese, and Indian

Wow didn't know /ck/ was so pleb lol
>>
>>7056369
>mexican, japanese, and Indian
So the currrent trendiest cuisine among respected chefs, the country that houses the city with more michelin starred restaurants than any other and probably the most diverse and ancient cuisine in the world tied with Chinese is pleb to you?
>>
>>7056383
>implying you are a respected chef and you ate at those michelin starred restaurants.
You talk as if people on /ck/ eat more than burrito, sushi, and curry
>>
>>7056369
thanks for showing your patrician tastes. post a picture of your fedora next, we all want to see
>>
>>7056406
Yeah unless you're born rich most people do get into any cuisine via the takeout tier of food. But it's an arrogant and baseless assumption to make that no one here has delved deeper into any of the cuisines they like. And if you're going to start with that assumption then there's no reason to bring cuisine into it at all, a person claiming to like French food could only like croissants and coq au vin and nothing else.
>>
>>7056357
When I first made it I was a complete fish stock newbie, I was used to making chicken stock. So what I didn't know, when you reserve your fish bones and heads for stock, always trim out the gills and any dark bloody bits, otherwise it will taste dank and awful. Also, the white wine steaming is pretty essential to a good flavor, don't skip it. Do not cook fish stock longer than fifteen minutes, it's not chicken/beef bone stock where it takes hours. These are things you would know if you read about fish stock before trying, but I didn't.

It traditionally calls for freshwater fish, and I'm sure any fish is good in it, but my favorite so far is to add in some seared swordfish steaks. Very firm and meaty, and it always seems like there's these tiny swordfish steaks on sale at my grocery that make the perfect amount to have in a soup.
>>
>>7056360

I pulled that photo off google.

I've tried all sorts of tricks to get the perfect poached egg; rings, little floating cups, twisting balls of clingfilm, spinning the water and adding vinegar to the water.

The best method I have found is poach them normally but use a flat frying pan filled with water instead of a saucepan. This stops the eggs spreading out and keeps them relatively in shape.
>>
>>7056440
Nah senpai I was trying to say that those three "exotic" cuisines are the most commonplace and thus enjoyed by a wide range of audiences, hence the pleb. Your counterargument, while still valid, doesn't really address the availability of these cuisines but highlights more on their specialties. The real counterargument should be there shouldn't be any pleb/patrician binaries in the first place, and that the differences are really based on personal taste. Admitting that, however, would eliminate a lot of shitposting on 4chan and promote SJW ideologies, so I'll just keep going with how certain cuisines are inferior and only fit for the ignorant.
>>
>>7056441
swordfish is absolutely my favourite fish, it sounds amazing in soup.

thanks for the heads up bro, its always weird getting actual cooking advice in this place
>>
>>7054586
do you have any good soup recipes anon?
>>
>>7058313
Be careful of how much swordfish you consume, it's an apex predator so it accumulates metals and toxins (like mercury) in its flesh.
>>
>favorite food and why

Malaysian Laksa. Fragrant, nutty, meaty, spicy, filling and delicious. I literally never get tired of laksa.

Korean. Banchan should be served with every meal. Plus Korean is generally very healthy and represents just about every flavour profile you could want. Korean fried chicken in sweet spicy sauce (Yangnyeom-tongdak 양념통닭) is awesome if you want something disgustingly unhealthy but super delicious.

Curries, especially slow-cooked drier curries like rendang daging or pork belly and peanut curry. Winter has me breaking out cassoulets and German style pea and ham soup.

Don't judge me, but Kentucky Fried Chicken is way up there. Once a year, zinger chicken comes back and I put on about five kilos in five weeks.
>>
>>7054397
>Favorite Food
Ramen. I never get tired of legit good Ramen and there is a good variety to it.
>Favorite International Cuisine
Compared to everything else, i'll probably eat most of what the Indians churn out. A lot of robust flavors and spices and Chicken Tikka Masala is a dish I could eat pretty much everyday.
>Favorite food I cook
Eh, i'm not that great of a cook but I've mastered Alton Brown's homemade mac and cheese.
>Favorite fast food restaurant
Wingstop if that can be considered fast food. If it needs a drive-thru then Chik-Fil-A
>>
>>7054397
I love Bulgarian white cheese and yogurt. Its better and has more complex taste than a lot of other stuff I've tasted.
>>
Pasta with tomatos. So simple, yet delicious, can be varied in so many ways

I like Japanese, especially japanese curry. I hate sushi

I love to cook any italian food

I like fish and chips cause I'm a bong
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.