[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do vegan alternatives to meat/animal products food always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1371234437544.png (255 KB, 354x367) Image search: [Google]
1371234437544.png
255 KB, 354x367
Why do vegan alternatives to meat/animal products food always have a name along the lines of "vegan meat/animal product!"

Fuck! Why can't they just call it what it is or make up a name for it?
>>
actually agree
>>
>>7046427

They try to make it look like meat quite often too. Vegans suck shit.
>>
>>7046562
Lots of the food is actually good (or decent) but when you go into something with the expectation that "it tastes just like 'x'!" then you're probably less likely to like it straight up simply because it never does taste like 'x', although without the claim you may have enjoyed it
>>
>>7046427
>vegan alternatives
You've kind of answered your own question. These products are vegan alternatives to animal products, so they are generally named after the animal product they're an alternative to.
>>
>>7046427

Why?

Because most vegans are retards, that's why.

Most of those vegan substitutes are as bad, if not worse, than the shit they're trying to substitute, and they're made with little more than processed fats, fillers, and preservatives.....with a splash of tofu.

I can see being a vegan if you're going to stick with natural foods, but being a vegan that loads up on "substitutes" made with a bunch of processed artificial bullshit is just the ultimate in retardation.
>>
>>7046643
So much butt madness
>>
>>7046844

Yea, I know.

Every time you call the vegan fags out on their bullshit, they get all kinds of butthurt.
>>
>>7046948
Uber Fail.
Nice try though.
>>
>>7046427
People wouldn't know what to do with the stuff otherwise.

By writing "vegan ground beef" or something, you give a strong hint to what it can be used for.
>>
>>7046643

There are a lot of vegan and vegetarian diets that are really respectable, but then there are many that are not...

My roommate for example, i thought i was gonna be in for a vegetarian education on cooking this year, but it turns out he just eats meatless processed garbage 99.9 percent of the time. I have literally never seen this vegetarian eat a salad, and i buy a lot of fucking vegetables lying around for us to eat.. his diet is 90 percent delivery/take out (sandwiches, burritos, pizza), 2 liters of coca cola a day (and a lot of liquor usually), when not getting take out he will cook noodles with a stick of butter and a block of cheese with 2 more litres of cola.
>>
>>7046427
I agree. We should adopt origination laws and only enforce them on vegan substitute products.
>>
>>7046427
Because they're so lame that they have to justify themselves, like muslims.
>>
>>7047011
>Uber Fail
What century is this?

Vegans want to think they're normal.
>>
>>7046643
Oh hi crazy guy from other thread. My post was deleted too. Seriously though, to you or anyone else, how is there a legitimate line drawn between tofu being good stuff and soy protein isolate being processed garbage?
>>
>>7046427
Why do meat products have all these alternate names like "beef" and mutton"?

Fuck! Why not just name it by animal flesh it is?
>>
>>7047652
because those are specific names of what it specifically is
>>
http://shophousekitchen.com/

I'm not veg, but I always get the tofu when I go here, it's incredibly good. They burn the rest of their meats to shit thinking that somehow blackened chicken is edible and doesn't cause cancer 12 times out of 10 that you eat it. Tofu game on point though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.