[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Look /ck/, I made burgers! Upon tasting them I can honestly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20151105_180747.jpg (1 MB, 2740x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151105_180747.jpg
1 MB, 2740x1836
Look /ck/, I made burgers!

Upon tasting them I can honestly say that they're not the worst thing I've ever made.
>>
>>7045912
What the fuck is wrong with them?

They have a disturbing red color to them, are hardly seared and look like there's raisins mixed into the meat.

Also that disgusting looking mayo/ketchup swirled mess on the buns. Ugh.
>>
But, dude..
>>
They look red and angry, also are those plain white rolls you serve them on? Definitely doesn't look like Hamburger bread
>>
>>7045919
It's kidney beans, mushrooms, tofu and beetroot. Not an ounce of meat!

There's also some grilled onion under the patties btw

>>7045921
Yeah. Going to get better bread for next time
>>
I'm going to assume you used beet instead of beef, in which case I'd try it.
>>
>>7045931
>Not an ounce of meat!

Why would you do this?
>>
>>7045931
u sickitate me
>>
>>7045912
Jack pls
>>
>>7045935
>>7045936
I do eat meat, but my family is vegetarian so I don't cook meat at home
>>
>>7045951
Can I have the recipe?

>new vegetarian who's still learning to cook
>>
>>7045976
http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016668-the-ultimate-veggie-burger
>>
>>7045931
That sounds vomit-inducing.
>>
>>7045989
Nah it wasn't bad. Needs something though. Maybe more garlic.
>>
Beet burgers are way better than they sound...my girlfriend made them and I thought I'd hate it but I even took the leftovers with me to work the next day.
>>
>>7045931
I never understood veggie burgers. Beans, mushrooms, tofu and beets can all be delicious. But I don't get what's to be gained by turning them into a fake hamburger. And I'm saying this as someone who eats veggie most of the time. In a world where falafel exists I can't imagine the thought process that leads to: "I could really go for a burger that's not made of meat."
>>
>>7045919
Mayo+kétchup= salsa golf
>>
>>7046084
>kétchup
pls go
>>
>>7045931
>It's kidney beans, mushrooms, tofu and beetroot. Not an ounce of meat!
So you didn't make burgers after all.
>>
>>7046089

:^)
>>
File: the_inventor_of_fancy_sauce.jpg (16 KB, 270x342) Image search: [Google]
the_inventor_of_fancy_sauce.jpg
16 KB, 270x342
>>7046084
>>7046084
>it was invented by Nobel laureate Luis Federico Leloir in the mid-1920s at a Golf Club at the seaside resort Mar del Plata. Tired of eating shrimp and prawn with mayonnaise, he asked the waiter to bring various ingredients (vinegar, lemon, mustard, ketchup, and others) and experimented with different mixtures. The best-liked was ketchup and mayonnaise. Leloir's companions named the result salsa golf and its fame grew.
>Nobel laureate
>ketchup and mayonnaise

Argentina is so fucking stupid that it took your smartest man and a series of experiments in order to invent fry sauce. Bravo Argentina.
>>
>>7046078
People can be vegetarian for a wide variety of reasons. Doesn't stop them from getting a craving for a burger. It's not a complicated phenomenon.
>>
>>7046111
I guess. Maybe I'm missing something fundamental, but I almost never crave a burger, and on the very rare occasions when I do I just go have one. The rest of the time when I'm being veggie and need a sandwich on the run I get a falafel, which is far superior to a veggie burger, IMO.
>>
>>7046078

Meat envy. Like Penis envy, only without the pleasure of the meat.
>>
>>7046130
I never crave eggs benedict, but the idea that somebody could and yet be unable to have it is not difficult for me.
>>
>>7046130
Probably just a preference. Although if there was a place I could pick up falafel around here I totally would...

I have to make it myself.

I do like black bean burgers that don't pretend necessarily to be meat, unlike the weird veggie burgers at like Burger King.

I like the boca spicy chik in shit too

>but I used to really like spicy chicken sandwiches before I stopped eating meat
>>
>>7046155
>the idea that somebody could and yet be unable to have it is not difficult for me.
That's what I don't get. If you crave something just have it, then get on with your fucking life. The vegan police are not going to show up and take your magic vegan powers away.
>>
>>7046106
>implying I'm Argie
Not even once
>>
>>7046172
So what's important to you is satisfying your wants. You are aware that people are different, and have different approaches to life though, are you not?

Like I said, people can be vegetarian for a wide variety of reasons, from health, to relationships, to environmental ethics, to PETAfag bullshit. Is it really that hard for you to understand that not everybody puts their immediate wants first?
>>
>>7046172
Well I remember when I was younger I would eat the meatless versions of cheeseburgers because the calorie content was lower.

Fulfilled my craving for a lesser hit to my health. But the other problems with them, the persevatives and shit I know...

But now I just don't want to eat meat. I figured out it was what was causing my acid reflux, ever since I stopped eating cheeseburgers and fried chicken I've felt better.

>is hated steak and "healthy" meat
>>
>>7046078
I don't like meat burgers at all, myself. There's one restaurant I go to where I order a veggie burger with bacon on it. Every time I order it I get a confused look.
>>
They weren't cooked fast enough. They look fucked up. The proportions are way too large for what it is. You should have had half of that cooked hotter/faster.
>>
>>7045931
>>7045931
>Not an ounce of meat!
How did they compare to real burgers texture/taste wise? How did you bind them together? Would you mind posting a quick run down of how these go together? I'm not veg, but I'll eat anything that tastes good.
>>
>>7045912
Prolapse burgers
>>
>>7046182
>Is it really that hard for you to understand that not everybody puts their immediate wants first?
Not at all. What I have trouble with is black and white thinking. I know all the various concerns that motivate people to be vegetarian. That's why I eat a vegan style diet most of the time. But on the rare moment when I get a craving for the taste of killing I indulge, figuring if you can't do no harm just do as little as possible.
>>7046186
>But now I just don't want to eat meat.
I get that. It's me about 90% of the time. But if I want some the other 10% of the time I'll have it.
>>
>>7046203
Here's the recipe friend >>7045981

They were nice and crispy, obviously the taste was completely different
>>
>>7046227
Yeah I mean, I still want a cheeseburger occasionally or buffalo wild wings, but I know if i just say "it's ok I'll just have one" I'll fucking go full fucking fat pig and eat like 20 and then puke it up. So I've just accepted that I have no real self control and that a plant based diet is what I should probably stick to.

It's starting to disgust me a little though. I made some chili for my dad last night and the smell of the cooking steak was kind of grossing me out.
>>
>>7046273
>I've just accepted that I have no real self control and that a plant based diet is what I should probably stick to.
The way I solve that is by staying plant based at home and at work. The only times I have meat is at social events or when I go out to eat. (That's when being vegan would be a pain in the ass anyways). This allows me to enjoy most of the health/ethical benefits without feeling like I'm denying myself anything.

I get you on the changing tastes thing, though. I'm nowhere near the point where all meat disgusts me, but cheap meat definitely does. I can't eat fast/convenience food unless it's vegetarian. And I never want to eat supermarket chicken again if I can help it. So I just splurge on the good stuff every once in a while, then go back to plant based for my day to day eating.
>>
>>7046317
Probably the only meat I really splurge on anymore is sushi very occasionally. I have some slightly pesca tendencies.

But it usually only gets broken for sushi lol

But I know that though. There is one vegan food stand in my town.... then usually at every restaurant there might be one kind of shitty vegetarian option.
>>
>>7046347
>There is one vegan food stand in my town....
I live in NYC, which makes it easy. You can always get something vegan from most Asian joints (usually labeled "Buddhist"), and falafel sandwiches are available everywhere. Even fucking Papaya King now has a veggie hot dog.
>then usually at every restaurant there might be one kind of shitty vegetarian option.
When I'm out to eat at a place like that is when I say fuck it and just have some meat. I can't bring myself to pay dining out prices for second rate food, and at many places the vegetarian option is very much second rate.
>>
>>7046273
>>7046317
Oysters are vegan from an ethical standpoint especially when they're farmed on a large scale- and they're in season. They're also really good cooked a variety of ways.

>no central nervous system, cannot feel pain
>beneficial to the body of water they are farmed because they are filter feeders
>reduces harvest from wild oyster beds, leaving natural filters in place
>>
>>7045931
At least its better than raw beef. Would eat
>>
File: 1378621608285.gif (316 KB, 324x187) Image search: [Google]
1378621608285.gif
316 KB, 324x187
>>7045931
>beatroot
>>
>>7045912
They look like they were made with menstral drippings.
>>
>>7045912
>not the worst thing I've ever made
Without knowing the depths of your past failures this really doesn't say shit about it though does it.
>>
>>7046347
Fish isn't meat...
>>
>>7045912
You don't even toast the buns?

Fucking pleb
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.