[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ANOn, garcon#!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: waiter.gif (14 KB, 298x350) Image search: [Google]
waiter.gif
14 KB, 298x350
Sup, coo/ck/s, and cu/ck/s.

Just got a waiter gig at a high volume place in a upper middle-class white flyover restaurant.

Been working 4years BOH in various restaurant as a line cook so I know some things about the industry but would like mad tips.

Thanks, please be kind.
>>
File: 107908352.jpg (93 KB, 338x507) Image search: [Google]
107908352.jpg
93 KB, 338x507
>>
>>
File: display.jpg (109 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
display.jpg
109 KB, 1024x768
What do for big tips, and not dicks?
>>
File: 1359530645_tableside-cesar-2.jpg (125 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1359530645_tableside-cesar-2.jpg
125 KB, 500x334
Caesar salad by waiter
>>
Ho ho
>>
Please help
>>
Do you know how to properly open a bottle of wine?
>>
>>7040882
Yes
>>
Be polite and friendly.
Smile.
Don't hover, but be aware of all your tables and anticipate their needs as best you can.
Memorize the menu, and memorize what the kitchen will or won't do as far as substitutions go.
Be nice to the kitchen, and your food delivery will go smoother.
Never make customers wait too long for anything. If the kitchen screws up (which we all know happens sometimes), you apologize profusely and get the correct order expidited.
Don't make the kitchen wait for you to pick up your orders.
Be dignified, prompt, and friendly, but again, don't hover and don't talk too much.
If you mess up, just apologize profusely and fix it as fast as you can.
Keep your appearance clean, neat, and perfectly dressed.

I waited tables all through uni, and those basics got me great tips. The last restaurant I worked at, I had 15 tables assigned to me (my boss grossly understaffed the place), but I kept the customers happy and satisfied, and made good money. Which was good since it took me about 6 months after graduating to find a job in my field.
>>
>>7040659
When you hand them the bill just stand there as they're filling it out so you can be sure that they're giving you a living wage :^)
>>
>>7040659
>male waitress
I bet dad is proud, faggot
>>
>>7041847
Someone's jelly lol.
>>
>>7041847
something tells me you're struggling to suppress your homosexual urges

it's 2015 now, you can come out already
>>
>>7041832
This.

Polite and friendly is important. you dont want to be that overhappy fuck that acts like you've just made his day by walking in, but dont seem bored. Just act like your happy to help them.

Happy to help them, rather than happy to see them.

All the interaction between the customers and the kitchen/restaurant goes through you, so act like you give a damn. Remember that how you act will affect how they feel about the restaurant.

Once you deliver their meals, ask if they need anything else, and leave them. Keep an eye on them, but dont return to check if everything's okay when they're in the middle of eating.

Thats all I can think of right now. >>7041832 gives good advice.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.