[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one argue with a vegan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 13
File: racism-speciesism-sexism.jpg (24 KB, 250x339) Image search: [Google]
racism-speciesism-sexism.jpg
24 KB, 250x339
How does one argue with a vegan?
>>
>>7037494
With a slap to the face.

Prove me wrong.
>>
You do not.
You admit that they have a more sustainable diet than you. Make them happy and leave it at that.

But make it clear you have no intention of changing your diet no matter what they say. Take bite of burger.
>>
by eating a thick delicious juicy burger
>>
>>7037494

The only winning move is not to argue.
>>
>>7037494
You just ignore them and disregard all their opinions.
>>
>>7037494
Remind them that cock munching isn't vegan.
>>
Vegans have a mental illness. It usually unadvisable to argue with the mentally ill, as they are quite excitable and unable to process too much rational thought.
>>
Vegans usually have to buy imported products from around the world. That's not great for the environment as some usually like to think. Other than that, no clue.
They like to think they are better than everyone so just let them.
>>
File: VEGAN.jpg (135 KB, 1200x1508) Image search: [Google]
VEGAN.jpg
135 KB, 1200x1508
>>7037502
Do it faggot.
>>
Its like argueing with a child, theres a slim, very slim chance they will listen, then a slimmer chance they will comprehend but there no way they will understand
>>
>>7037494
I never have to deal with this because in my country vegans are executed to preserve the social gene pool.
>>
>>7039145
Texas is not a country.
>>
>>7037494
Molest them with vegetables
>>
Force feed them meat and explain that any attempt to regurgitate said meat would mean the animal died in vain.
>>
>>7039148
>implying TX isn't overrun with vegans. Filthy animals......
>>
>>7037494
>>7037502
Slap them with raw veal for added zing
>>
>>7037494
You find one that expresses his beliefs rather than preaching them; the latter will always waste your time with a bad discussion.
>>
You don't. It's like arguing with a hardcore fundamentalist Baptist. Just don't do it. Veganism is just a secular religion.
>>
File: Duncan.jpg (261 KB, 800x1054) Image search: [Google]
Duncan.jpg
261 KB, 800x1054
>>7037494

>Is vegan for most of his life
>Becomes vegetarian, dairy only
>dies of massive heart failure before 50yo

Vegfags are weaklings.
>>
>>7037510
this desu senpai
>>
>>7039140
*rolls up sleeve*
>>
File: fuet_01.jpg (158 KB, 649x975) Image search: [Google]
fuet_01.jpg
158 KB, 649x975
>>7037494
Why? They can't keep their mouths shut, but I can stop encouraging them by keeping mine.
>>
>>7037510
I still think we should do integrated production systems like aquaponics where you raise aquatic animals like fish with plants so the fish waste becomes fertilizer in a process that is more efficient than just planting vegetables and use insects like black soldier fly larvae and earthworms to convert food scraps and manure into protein that can be used to feed animals. This way you generate more food and fertilizer from things that would just generate greenhouse gas and pollute the waters.
>>
>>7037494
don't argue with crazy people
>>
Just laugh at them.

They're usually the kind of people that take themselves way too seriously and it will infuriate them. Forget arguing.
>>
>>7037494
you don't
>>
>>7039144
have you listened to yourself, who is the real child here?
>>
File: flat550x550075f.jpg (57 KB, 413x550) Image search: [Google]
flat550x550075f.jpg
57 KB, 413x550
>become vegetarian few months ago
>at a chipotle
>start to feel feelings of superior morality compared to the people in front of me getting meat
>mfw
>mfw lack of protein or iron is probably what makes us so insufferable
>>
File: vegansxhmn.png (512 KB, 713x708) Image search: [Google]
vegansxhmn.png
512 KB, 713x708
you don't. just eat what you like.
>>
>How do you argue with a vegan

I dont. In the vegan/vegetarian vs meat eater debate, the only people I ever see trying to force their opinion on to people are meat eaters. I have never had vegetarian or vegan try and convince me to stop eating meat, whereas I see loads of people try to convince others to eat meat.

If someone wants to eat a specific diet, then who gives a shit. They are unlikely to convince me to change my diet, so why should I give a fuck about theirs.
>>
>>7040288
This desu senpai
>>
>>7040288
When my nephew came back from college in the states he came back with that shit. We all laughed at him and his shitty degree.
>>
>>7037494
With a sledgehammer upside their head.
There is no way to win. Any logic and evidence will be flat out denied because they are so deep in their PETA mindset that they will allow nothing to challenge their faith.
They're like the ISIS of food. They are literally that bad.
>>
A dog Feed name, andhunger tthe smilehe reflections attract a new light.them like a bridge
Light munderakes me for mbigoldable things, like in your eyes.
to the worldd someone
>>
>>7040356
maximum edge
>>
>>7040360
Go suck a cockroach, PETAfag.
>>
>>7037494
By telling them that you are aware of and have no problems with the killing and/or treatment of animals in agriculture.
>>
>>7040268
no way that's a vegan, way too fat
>>
My mate was raised a vegetarian, it's easy because he likes tofu and shit like that out of familiarity, rather than out of ethics. It's really weird.

He's also a crackhead ATM, and the other day he was leaving the comfort and security of my company to go do puff, and I asked him: "Going to go prove you're not racist and act out what you think crack does?"

He was also raised by a religious father, so he believes there's a hell, to some extent, and so he sometimes acts very masochistically... It's really weird.

Crack doesn't do much, but if you think it does, you'll try to get your $20.00 worth by acting like a crackhead. It's ridiculous sometimes, but I do love him.
>>
>>7040461
sugar is still vegan brahhhj
>>
>>7040569
EPIC SCEAK POST BRO!
>>
>>7040288
Get an university vegan teacher that one of the first things she did was tell everybody she is vegan is and in latter classes show bulshit videos like cowspiracy a good amount of the class believed in the video because nobody checked the numbers and facts, I checked and found out how almost everything was distorted to defend his views. Terrible, specially considering that it is supposed to be a degree strongly scientific.
>>
>>7037494
You don't. You teach them the joys of meat by giving them the D.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
10 KB, 480x360
Show them a John Sakars video and let them know that's what everyone thinks of them.
>>
They can't be trusted. Just last week I found one siphoning gas out of a company truck.
>>
>>7040755
autist 101: spending ur time at college researching vegan videos to stop your teacher's propaganda for no reason
>>
i don't get the pretentious vegetarian/vegan stereotype. i've never encountered it. instead all i've ever seen were people complaining about them and it just makes the ones who are complaining look like idiots.
>>
>>7037494
ask them how often they "cheat"?
never met a vegan that doesn't, and this is coming from one.
at least i can feel a little bit better with myself because i don't hide it. 99% vegan better than 100% omnivorous in my opinion and for me.
>>
>>7040364
You should ask yourself, if the people you don't like are as obviously awful and offensive as you proclaim, why do you feel a need to convince everyone?
>>
File: 1377905795936.jpg (47 KB, 500x511) Image search: [Google]
1377905795936.jpg
47 KB, 500x511
At this point the people crying about vegans being annoying is becoming more annoying.

>>7041096
That isn't how veganism works. Is the only vegan you know yourself?
>>
you can't, they're morally superior to you
>>
>>7040245
Consider your sentence structure before calling someone else a child.
>>
>>7039528
Building new ecosystems is a successful way to replace the ecosystems we've destroyed.
>>
>>7040288
> I have never had vegetarian or vegan try and convince me to stop eating meat

I suppose you haven't seen the "carnist" used before then.
>>
File: 1280100410736.png (51 KB, 627x620) Image search: [Google]
1280100410736.png
51 KB, 627x620
>>7041034
>checking sources is autism
>>
bacteria and plants are on the same level as cows
>>
Unless the vegan is living off the land completely they cannot avoid using animal products, or using distribution services that rely on animal products. The whole system is unavoidable and nothing is vegan. Living continues to expend in a cycle of inescapable suffering.
>>
>>7037494
fight them and cave in their weak soy fed bodies
>>
>>7037494
One does not. One cuts all ties with them, because no matter what you say to them they'll cling to their idiotic pseudoreligion because it makes them feel superior to everyone around them.
>>
>>7037494
You walk away and ignore them.
>>
File: starship-troopers2.jpg (113 KB, 724x1024) Image search: [Google]
starship-troopers2.jpg
113 KB, 724x1024
>>7037494
>>
>>7037494
Give 46 cents to the humane league
>it's just as effective as veganism
http://www.effective-altruism.com/ea/p3/dont_sweat_diet/
>>
>>7041251
This is the point education reached. I hope my plans to move out of the country permanently will work.
>>
You literally can't because their worldview is literally infallible.
>>
>>7037494
With a cheeseburger in hand
>>
Eat them? They are delicious non-GMO grass fed long pork.
>>
>>7041644
Nah, they are stuffed with fake meat substitute. I would rather never eat meat again than have to eat that shit.
>>
i am an omnivore
>>
>>7037494
We have 5 senses of taste; sweet, sour, bitter, salty and umami (savory).

Raw meat, for example, has a sour taste, a tad salty, and very savory; when cooked, to us, it's very savory, and a bit bitter, but less sour; the flavor profiles, however, change as well; it almost gains in a malt flavor as the meat crisps, and the sugars in the cells of the meat caramelize, and the molecules change.

Mushrooms, when raw, are very bitter, and low in savory, but when cooked, that savory comes right out, and this is why cats can have a craving for mushrooms, because mushrooms are easily replaceable for meat, as well as seaweed when cooked.

When I was on a diet, I tried cutting back ALL meats, trying to cut out fat as much as possible; fats out, carbs in, I chanted. This led me craving foods like tomato sauce on noodles, soy on rice, mushrooms sauteed with veggies, because tomato, soy and mushrooms are high in savory taste; besides meat, those were the only foods I could get high concentrations of that flavor.

Evolution got rid of our tail because it was utterly useless; we didn't use it to hang on to trees, and we didn't use it to balance; it was a vestigial organ; so it went out of use. I don't understand how we could possibly say an "All vegan" diet is healthy, when considering the millions of years of evolution shows that we, an apparently "herbivore specie" (According to some vegans) can crave so much meat and savory flavor; and regarding the last 2 million years (at least) of us becoming a very carnivoristic animal, I don't understand how anyone can believe a vegan diet would be good for us.
>>
>>7041737
It doesn't. If you take lifestyle out of the equation a vegan lives as much as a meat eater, a ovolacto vegetarian as much as an occasional meat eater and the fish eaters live the longest. Who would have thought? All this time the mediterraneans and Japanese have been eating fish and living long!
>>
>>7041737
Same reason some idiots power load on vitamin supplements. It's that same "Some of this is good for you, so a ton of it must be GREAT for you!" logic.

Vegetables are good for humans, they provide excellent health benefits and most people really should eat more of them. But no, you shouldn't eat ONLY vegetables.
>>
I don't feel the need to. They have good opinions. Animals don't have awesome lives. Grown shit is cheap as fuck and so on.

Now, I don't feel put of by having "a corpse" on my plate. I understand them, but don't get the same reaction. I don't like animal abuse and don't like to see the terror in the factories, but know about it and I'm able to filter that out when I chew a good piece of meat.

I think the best way to make a meat eater vegan, or at least more vegan is to make delicious vegan dishes. I've got to try a lot of awesome things thanks to my sister becoming a vegan and also I got a best friend who is vegan. I didn't really eat much meat before, and this of course made me eat even less as I got more options for good meals.

After I asked my vegan friend what she thought of my meat dish, she told me she didn't comment on other peoples food because she is aware what it's like to be questioned like she constantly is as a vegan. Good thinking actually.

I like meat but don't require it to live. That is a fact. I don't really see the point in arguing about something that really is already settled. I can't change my feelings about the whole thing, only time can.
>>
You dont. Their lifestyle doesn't affect you at all.
>>
with your fists to their anemic face
>>
why?
it doesnt bother me what other people choose to eat
its most of the reason i rarely post on this board
>>
Tell them all thanks and more meat for me
>>
File: 305.jpg (50 KB, 505x700) Image search: [Google]
305.jpg
50 KB, 505x700
>>7037510
this is intrinsically false
vegans only have a more sustainable diet depending on the water needed to grow the crops they eat. not all crops are equal, some are beef tier in terms of water content. like all aspects of humanity, from religion to politics to school yard cliques, these groups of environmentalists are biased as fuck and are unable to see they are not sitting on a better position and that they also, like everyone else, destroy, hide, or omit information in their campaigns in order to sell a fantasy.

Introspection, examination of human habits on a global or meta scale, is the only way to avoid this quicksandshit that humanity is quagmired into.
>>
>>7037494
You can't use logic against someone whose argument is simply "muh feels"
>>
Vegan food is rarely convenient.

If I want a burger, I can go to McDonald's. If McDonald's is too shitty, then I can go to Burger King. If Burger King is still too shitty, then I can try Carl's Jr. or some other place. Worst case scenario, I can go to a decent BBQ/Steak House and order a burger there.

If I wanted something vegan, I would almost always have to make it myself. I can't trust non-vegan restaurants to try making something vegan, and all the vegan restaurants are in gay cities and towns like San Francisco or Vancouver.
>>
Vegans are master race, don't bother arguing.
>>
usually it's the same types of people who don't use toothpaste, deodorant or flush after they pee so find one of those things out and pick on them until they cry.
>>
They'll initiate the argument after seeing you eat things they disagree with then spout "facts" at you, just google the actual facts and congratulations you just won an argument with a retard.
>>
>>7044230
You can't win an argument with logic.
>>
Does this apply if I treat niggers, womans and animals all the same?
>>
>>7037494
Shoot them
>>
>>7041007

t b h I've eaten vegan pussy and it was super delicious and less acidic than omnivore pussy.
>>
>>7037494
It's foolish to argue with fools anon.
>>
Does anyone care to point out an ACTUAL argument against veganism in this thread? I mean, just have a look at this guy: >>7044860

I bet this guy thought that he was being really witty here - "vegans r fags shoot them lol".

>hurr durr u hit dem

>hurr durr u eat burger

>hurr durr dey retards for not doin wat i do

>hurr durr u dont listen to dem

Seems like all systems of logic break down when people are confronted with their addiction, meat eaters are the worst with it. Put the word 'vegan' in the title of a /ck/ thread for >200 replies. The reason for this is because meat eaters subconsciously know they are doing the wrong thing so they act like children when defending themselves. They just lash out like an alcoholic whose wife begs them to stop drinking.

Veganism is OBJECTIVELY the ethical choice when it comes to diet. If you don't want to do it, then that is YOUR problem, but don't try and make these embarrassing arguments which make no sense.
>>
>stealth vega
>never tell anyone but mind my own shit
>someone finds out
>"oh wow better watch what I eat around you now! So i guess I can't invite you to a dinner party because I would have to cook something special JUST FOR YOU!"
>cunt never cooked anything special in her life let alone throw a dinner party

-Its good for health.
-its better for the environment
-it does stop animal suffering (although i don't think animals matter anywhere near what humans matter)
-feels better than meat tastes

This is all veganism comes down too. If you like meat continue to eat it.

Literally the only thing I cant understand about meat eaters is when they eat shitty junk meat that does not even taste good. Like, if you only had a steak once in awhile i could understand. But people who eat hotdogs and shitty frozen burgers. It tastes like shit, its not good for you, its more expensive and it hurts the environment.

If meat eaters kept to only eating good meat on occasion it would already solve 80% of the problems. You don't need shitty meat or animal products in every single meal senpai DESU.
>>
>>7044899
Have fun being pussified with all that estrogen in your soy products. Also, since I lift unlike you yoga pants wearing vegan and need protein, I'm better off with meat, eggs and dairy than eating Beans and Tofu.
>>
>>7044899
>Does anyone care to point out an ACTUAL argument against veganism in this thread?
http://health.usnews.com/best-diet/best-overall-diets/data
>>
>>7044899

lol shoot this guy and make his dead mouth chew a burger what a fag rofl
>>
>>7044913

kek this is exactly what I mean. Look at what mankind gets reduced to when confronted with their addiction. >>7044913
>>
>>7037494
Why waste your life trying?
>>
>>7037494
I hated vegans for the most part since I came to know about them. But along the way, I came across some respectable ones that don't try to push their agenda on you. However, the majority of them are self-absorbed dickheads that feel compelled to belittle anyone that doesn't indoctrinate into their ideology - Simply ignore them like they don't exist.
>>
>>7044954
the people who talk about it the most have been doing it for the least amount of time

the same with vegetarians, i talked about being a vegetarian all the time when i started for like the first month but now it's been nearly 5 years really try to avoid bringing it up.

the biggest problem is when people find out and ask you why, because you have to tell them whatever reason you started which you probably don't believe in anymore
>>
Don't argue with anyone about it. What would that accomplish?

That's like telling a gay why he's wrong to be gay.
>>
>>7037494
I'm vegan, I have never once tried to convince a non vegan I was right and they were wrong, I don't even look at it like that. I also don't broadcast it. I worked a job for 6 months before one of the guys figured it out and called me out on it. Every other person that finds out, "hurr durr faggot you don't get any protein pussy God made meat for us you fucking muslim." I'm white, but got called a muslim because for some reason me not drinking milk hurts this guy on a spiritual level.

Really, don't argue with them, it's because you're insecure in your diet and need to prove them wrong to ease your own mind. You don't need to, you're fine. No one really cares what you eat, as long as you're not killing yourself with McDonald's 4 times a day. Insecurity is the same reason those poser tumblr vegans argue with non vegans, and because they think eating alfalfa sprouts makes you cool.
>>
>>7037494
you sex them into submission and stick your finger up their butt hole and while they're in a state of shock and fear you dictate how theyre going to eat meat and like it from now on.

trust me. a finger up the butthole is a powerful motivator.
>>
>>7044899

As a biologist, I feel that your diet is unnatural. Humans have adapted specific enzymes to digest and work protein, fats, and carbohydrates into their diets. Google pepsinogen. Further, there is evidence of animals previously thought to be herbivorous eating meat. Google meat eating deer. Therefore I assert that your diet is not 'natural.'

Secondly, your diet is not 'ethical' either. You can make these pants-on-head retarded claims all you'd like, but the truth is that every single being on this earth is related a variety of ways. That includes plants, animals, etc. etc. etc. It's just a different fork in the evolutionary river. Are you implying that the evolution of complex neuronal tissue in certain species is evidence of their status as a higher organism? It is literally sodium moving in and out of cells typically organized into a rope. it's not that special.

The plants you eat use some of the exact same proteins that you as a human use to metabolize products, undergo mitosis, and carry out extra and intra-cellular transport.

Marking certain things as not ok to eat because they're evolutionarily close to you is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of. We're all just metabolic factories, son. Our purpose is to consume other things which consume other things which consume light from the sun. You're a parasite and you always will be one. There is no magical trophic level from which you can eat organisms that will fix the chemical fuckup in your brain. It just isn't there.

Christ I hate ranting but watching you retards trip over yourself in your smugness is just so frustrating.

To summarize my retort (which you said quite well beforehand): You're a fag and you need to be shot.
>>
How else other than the classic and delicious Knorr® Chicken Stock Pot™?

Why Knorr® Chicken Stock Pot™ you may ask rather than other animal products? Because it makes your foods taste better. You should try it

If it's good enough for Marco, it's good enough for me.

Buy Knorr® Chicken Stock Pot™
>>
>>7045000

You can hear pain in his voice every time he says Knorr and "I disagree". Good thing he has wagonloads of sellout cash to dry his tears with.
>>
Not all of us can subsist on a single food source. I don't eat only meat, nor do I eat only salad. I need both to feel full and function properly.

If you can do that, more power to you, but it's cheaper and easier for me to be moderate in all categories.
>>
deer eats meat proves nothing. as a scientist you should know about LOGICAL FALLACIES!

it's not because the deer put down the animal it ate the meat, it's because the human fed it the meat.

you can teach chimpanzees to smoke cigarettes....
>>
>>7045043
>you can teach chimpanzees to smoke cigarettes....

...and you can brainwash weak minded humans into thinking they must only eat plants...
>>
sure but think about history, who brainwashed who?
>>
>>7045051
>who brainwashed who?

The superior of the species that had the meat brainwashed the idiots into eating only plants, thus having more of the good meat to themselves.
>>
take this into account: http://science.jrank.org/pages/403/Anthropocentrism.html
>>
>>7045062
>http://science.jrank.org/pages/403/Anthropocentrism.html

lulz.

This was obviously written by a self-hating anti-human propaganda pusher...the kind who would subscribe to such tripe as The Georgia Guidestones, etc...

Thanks for the chuckle, and have a nice day!
>>
in all likeliness the deer then got constipated....

and then some cancer.
>>
>>7044989
not him but you don't know anything about the meat and dairy industry if you think vegans only think it's unethical because they don't want to eat something that's similar to a human

also enjoy your asscancer from meat literally rotting inside you because it isn't digested properly
>>
>>7045123
>enjoy your asscancer from meat literally rotting inside you because it isn't digested properly

It is utterly astounding how this bullshit babble of Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt keeps getting vomited along by retarded brain-damaged idiots as some pathetic cry for justification of their faggotry called "veganism".

Piss off, Beta Boy / Under Cunt.
>>
>>7044934
>taking proper nutrition for your needs
>lol u addicted to meat, soy eater master race
Do you even lift? Any idea how hard it is to make gains with your pretentious diet?
>>
>>7045158
keep throwing random insults buddy. it isn't us that has something to gain or loose depending on what you eat. we're just trying to wake you up

sauce to what I said and more in here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0IhZ-R1O8g&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>7045181
More propaganda bullshit vomited forth to a bunch of willing baby bird brained recipients.

You idiots will believe anything, just as long as it justifies your faggotry.
>>
VEGAN POWER!!!!!

ANTI-SPECIESIST ACTION!!!!!

DEATH TO THE ANTHROPOCENTRIC WORLD ORDER!!!!!
>>
>>7045043
Even if there were no humans deers would still occasionally eat meat, sometimes they would kill for that like chewing a baby bird alive.

Animals don't follow moral codes. Digest and process plant matter is harder than meat, the advantage is that plants don't run away or bite back. But many herbivore won't reject a highly nutritious fresh meal just because it is another animal.
>>
File: 1439214139241.gif (752 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1439214139241.gif
752 KB, 225x225
>>7039436
>posting the secular religion meme outside facebook
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.