[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of the best examples of Scottish cuisine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10
File: munch.jpg (804 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
munch.jpg
804 KB, 3264x2448
What are some of the best examples of Scottish cuisine?
>>
Rotate your fucking picture you inbred
>>
Haggis and single malt.
>>
Curry and falafel.
>>
chicken balti
>>
>>7029458
It's not rotated, it's just so densely packed in there that it's staying put even when tilted 90°.
>>
>tfw no place in murrica that I know of to get a big box of meat and junk food like this
>that pitiful portion of salad hiding in the corner
Why even bother
>>
>>7029616
The "salad" is a garnish for some sort of color to break up all the beige, I'm sure.
>lemon, iceburg shreds and tomato does not equal a salad
>>
>>7029420
What are the bright red things?
>>
>>7029681
chicken tikka iirc

how many people is one box meant to serve?
>>
>>7029698
one scot or several homo sapiens
>>
>>7029420
It always amazes me that this isn't a thing in America.
That junk looks so good.
>>
>>7029420
that fake ass döner meat
>>
>>7029665
>iceburg shreds and tomato does not equal a salad
It does if you live in the UK.

In North America, when you order a sandwich, they usually ask what kind of vegetables you would like on it.

In the UK, they ask what kind of SALAD you would like on it. Besides that, everything else is the same.
>>
>>7029709
Who would win in a fight, several homo sapiens-sized scots, or one scot-sized homo sapiens?
>>
File: life in dundee.jpg (30 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
life in dundee.jpg
30 KB, 615x409
>>7030766
depends on whether or not the scot has heroin
>>
>>7030840
As a proud Dundonian, this is pretty accurate.
>>
Deep fried cheese burgers
>>
File: Deep_Fried_Pizza.jpg (2 MB, 1440x1166) Image search: [Google]
Deep_Fried_Pizza.jpg
2 MB, 1440x1166
Deep fried pizza. Used to have this shit every day growing up. There used to be the best fish and chip shop near my place but they had to shut because the owner got killed for being a Paki. Apparently some local lads went into the shop and bashed him unconcious then put him in the deep fryer
>>
>>7031802
Not even battered, fuck off you fairy. If I wanted a salad I would have asked for one.
>>
>>7029420
I want to try a munchie box

looks absolutely disgusting and unhealthy and heart-attack inducing, but I think the experience would be worth it
>>
>>7031807
If you don't know what your looking at you probably shouldn't comment.
>>
>>7029665
>>7029616

When I've gotten a munchy box the salad normally comes in a separate bag.

Everything else is combined into a huge mess but it seems even the faggots selling these things know nobody is actually going to eat the salad.
>>
>>7031808

You get crunchy and normal deep fried pizza faggot.

Pizza crunch is clearly superior.
>>
>>7031851
I'm aware you poof. That was my point, crunch or fuck off.
>>
>>7029681
pakora, deep fried battered vegetables
>>
>>7031862
>>7031851
this

used to only get deep fried because i lived in a small town that didnt do crunches and i was unaware of its existence

soon as i tried it was when i realised i can never leave scotland
>>
File: thumb_600.jpg (85 KB, 590x590) Image search: [Google]
thumb_600.jpg
85 KB, 590x590
Jack in the box tries sort of. Deep fried loaded nuggets, curly fries, regular fries, two deep fried tacos
>>
>>7031890
Is that the kids meal or is there a second course?
>>
>>7031894
It does appear to be lacking in the fry department plus a taco is not shown, but it's close to 2000 calories in a single meal without the drink I think. Which if you're going for one of these I really doubt the calories count at all. But would still much rather try the actual Scottish munchie box but will never get to.
>>
scottish junk food is the comfiest shit on the planet

only thing i think is better is poutine desu
>>
>>7029698
One sad fat scotsman.
>>
>>7029420
What is this and where do I get it, socal here.
>>
Ha ha ha - Scotland trying to carve a culinary identity for itself . . .Newsflash . .it has no identity, except for Deep fried Mars bars, Haggis, Buckfast and Heroin.

Haggis and Buckfast comes from England anyway. Heroin is not Scottish either (but I suppose most Scots think it is judging by it's use in Scotland)

Scotland has NOTHING distinct from the rest of the UK, why try to pretend otherwise?
>>
>>7031908
>only thing i think is better is poutine
Which was originally from the North of England but give us curds(poor food) instead of cheese and give it a French sounding name and all of a sudden it's not shitty British food but "Fantastic" .. "Best ever" . .. . "let's make threads about it" !
>>
>>7029665
>iceburg
>>
>>7032300
british detected
>>
NZer from scottish extraction here, there is a thing called a mutton pie which is basically like a 1" thick mutton burger pattie thats baked in pastry. You take one bite and hold it at arms length to let the fat drain out.
>>
>>7029420
I can't believe there seems to be nowhere that does munchy boxes in Dublin. Had one for the first time in the arsehole of nowhere 5 years ago in Donegal
>>
>>7032300
You probably don't even deep fry your heroin
>>
What does haggis taste like? It sounds like something I would like.
>>
File: cullen_skink.jpg (21 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
cullen_skink.jpg
21 KB, 460x276
Best soup in the world to be honest
>>
>>7034881

it tastes like spiced lamb

proof: its spiced lamb
>>
File: hotswiss.jpg (339 KB, 930x2000) Image search: [Google]
hotswiss.jpg
339 KB, 930x2000
>>7031787
OMG I loved fxcuisine.com
They had some amazing articles on European food. Why did the writer stop posting it?
>>
>>7031908
this desu senpai
>>
File: fxcuisineawesomesite.jpg (229 KB, 1000x1506) Image search: [Google]
fxcuisineawesomesite.jpg
229 KB, 1000x1506
>>7034908
pic dump.
Anyone been to fxcuisine.com
>>
Are there any Scottish restaurants in London where I can get a munchy box?

desu senpai kek
>>
>>7034932
hot as fuck. would bang
>>
>>7029420
Looking at this stimulates my reflux
>>
>>7034948

Top Kek m8

I doubt you will find a "munchyboxTM" but all of this stuff can be found in most kebab shops.
>>
>>7029420
Came here to start a munchy box thread, it's the shit. I get one a week from L'Aguila by Queen St station.

>battered fish
>2x battered sausage
>bag of chips
>3x fritters
>3x big chicken pakora and tub of sauce
>can
>£7
>not run by muslims jizzing in the kaffir's food
>delivery in 15-30 minutes most times
The most based chippy in Glasgow.
>>
>>7034932
>>7034908
yes mate he stopped posting during my first year of university. was a big part of my development as a cook. make his chocolate moelleux every christmas with different fillings.
>>
>>7032300
English 'identity' is solely defined by the worship of obvious paedophiles in positions of power, you literally cannot get enough, every one of your institutions is filled with them and you're more than happy to pay for the privilege.

And when you can't get enough toffs and celebs to fuck your kids you import millions of pakis to rape them on an industrial scale. You are a bunch of loathsome cowards, I have never met anyone from outside England who did not quickly express their hatred of you as a whole and individually.

Why try to pretend otherwise?
>>
File: Irn-BruStore54[1].jpg (90 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
Irn-BruStore54[1].jpg
90 KB, 960x600
>tfw no irn bru gf
>>
>>7029502

>balti

>scottish

Why even try
>>
>>7037135

Reliance on international memes popular with culturally oblivious burgers does not a retort make, lad

Don't make me ashamed to share a culture with you you whining fucking dafty
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.