[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime Idol Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82
File: Idol_Anime_Crossover.jpg (344 KB, 800x1084) Image search: [Google]
Idol_Anime_Crossover.jpg
344 KB, 800x1084
Ask questions, get feedback/criticism, etc.
>>
>>9028635
> how much do I have to lift to have a qt3.14 idol gf?
Don't do that shit here.

>what's the general opinion about the cosplay the Love Live seiyuus do?
I kinda like it. Obviously they go over-the-top since it's for actual stage performances, but it can help for reference if you're making an outfit that they've already done.
>>
File: 723Umi.png (132 KB, 512x720) Image search: [Google]
723Umi.png
132 KB, 512x720
>>9028601
I keep debating which wig I should get for my Umi cosplay. Does anyone have a recommendation. I'm trying to go for darker blue. I know people have mixed feelings about the blue and black wigs, so I was thinking of a very dark blue. I just don't want to get a crap quality wig, especially since I have to pin a hat to it when doing pic related.
>>
some gold from the cringe thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FekdGhbtc4
>>
Remove love live
>>
>>9028701
Epic cosplay blue black fusion, Arda dark blue
>>
File: No boys allowed.jpg (9 KB, 364x61) Image search: [Google]
No boys allowed.jpg
9 KB, 364x61
>>9028635
>Question, how much do I have to lift to have a qt3.14 idol gf?
>>
>>9028864
seconding this. I have the epiccosplay blue black fusion. It photographs really well and and detangles pretty easily.
>>
>>9028864
>>9029007
Thank you, kind anons!

Also, to move away from love live, if I want to watch another idol anime, is Aikatsu a good one to start with, or should I start with something else? I think I can handle the many girls and am interested in the plots about the industry.
>>
>>9029719
Aikatsu is long, like 100+ episodes.

If you haven't done idolm@ster or Cinderella girls I would do those first. I also liked WUG, even if the animation was "special" at times. It's kind of like a more realistic idol story.
>>
File: 1461719855310.jpg (416 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461719855310.jpg
416 KB, 1920x1080
>>9029719
aikatsu is great! the cgi is not good at the beginning, but it improves a lot. about every 10 episodes there's noticeable improvement, actually. the songs are probably my favorite from all of the idol anime I've watched. I don't really like the reboot (aikatsu stars) so far. it came too soon after the end of the original, I just can't get used to it. the songs and cgi are worse and the characters just aren't as great. I'm hoping it'll get better soon.

another one I like is pretty rhythm rainbow live. a little more dramatic at times, but the songs and characters are really great. personally didn't like pripara, but I know that's one a lot of people really like.

super excited to be making an aikatsu cosplay this year, even if no one will probably recognize me!
>>
>>9030259
Ooh, I'm starting out with WUG, since it's so short and crunchyroll actually has it. The girls are pretty cute. The gratuitous panty shots in the first episode surprised me, since I don't think I've seen idols doing that in real life. The comments about them made by others in the episode I watched seemed much more realistic than Love Live (especially with its bubble mostly away from the male gaze).

>>9030292
I have a friend who often tweets about Aikatsu, and it looks really cute.

Who are you going to be cosplaying? And what outfit? Is the girl you'll be cosplaying your best girl?
>>
File: Photokatsu_0062.jpg (217 KB, 750x1048) Image search: [Google]
Photokatsu_0062.jpg
217 KB, 750x1048
>>9030342
haha, yes! I'll be cosplaying my favorite, Akari! I've got a lot of favorites, but I like her can-do attitude best. I plan on doing a few of her outfits, but I'm starting with her basic school coord (pic related) for now. I had plans to do one of her premium rare coords, but was frustrated that I didn't have the skills to design and get the fabric printed on my own so I put it on the back burner.

I'd also like to do some unit cosplays if I can ever find other aikatsu fans in my area.

I did have a question for the thread. I've always cosplayed characters with eye colors similar to my own, so I've never used color contacts for cosplay. I am debating on whether I should go for it or not, since it kind of makes me nervous. do most people use contacts to match, is that a big thing?
>>
>>9030411
You don't have to wear lenses if you don't want to, nobody is going to come up and criticise you for not having bright pink eyes haha. I personally prefer wearing lenses but thats just because I like the look of them, I've only been wearing them for the past 9 months or so out of my 4 years of cosplaying. If not having the right color in photos bothers you but you don't want to invest in lenses you can always just change the color in photoshop afterwards!!
>>
I want to take half the barefaced teenage Love Live cosplayers at any given con aside and put makeup on them.
>>
>>9030848
I just need someone to do this for me in general.. I'm terribly bad at applying makeup.. I'll pay in lovegems and snacks
>>
>>9030985
Not the anon you replied to but honestly just practice. Even a little bit of eyeliner and some concealer makes a difference. Just practice in your spare time and watch lots of tutorials. Look at other peoples make up and learn from them.
>>
>>9030985
Also not the og anon, but Yeah, I have to agree, practice is everything. My makeup skills aren't great either, but I wear makeup almost every day because I like it. I've seen a lot of improvement in my own makeup routine just by learning from my friends and YouTube.

If you don't wear makeup out regularly, you could try at least doing the basic stuff (primer, foundation, blush, lips, and mascara) like once a week to get used to having on your face and then practice the more fine tuned stuff like eyeliner? Tbh I just tried to perfect a natural look and dress it up or down depending on what I'm doing. It worked for lolita, magical girl cosplays, and work so far so I guess you just have to find a base to start with and go from there.
>>
File: CjxEz3iVAAAYTAI.jpg (128 KB, 512x720) Image search: [Google]
CjxEz3iVAAAYTAI.jpg
128 KB, 512x720
PLEASE tell me I'm not the only person who thinks this new set is pretty much The ugliest thing ever, my entire twitter feed seems to be in love with them and I just do not understand how
>>
>>9032243
idk, i think it 'feels' really idolish, compared to other sets which feel more like something for a photoshoot or movie or something...this set looks like they're actually idols, you know?
>>
>>9032243
I only like Eli's out of the ones shown so far.
>>
>>9032243
it's so shitty i want to cry
>>
>>9032243
Not a huge fan of the fruit style ones (Umi, Nozo etc.), but the others look cute. Very OTT idol style, I think they could translate cutely for cosplay!
>>
>>9032243
The Umi, Nozomi, and Eli look terrible. They should've been all pastel
>>
>>9029719
>>9030259
Seconding im@s! They're both shorter (in comparison to aikatsu) and fun to watch.
>>
>>9032243
I think Eli and Kotori is ACCEPTABLE but they are way too tacky and there's too much going on for my taste. Hanayo could've been cute is he lost the armwarmers and the split collar thingy. And the hats, please loose the hats they are all fug
>>
>>9032243
Only the red on Eli looks nice so far. Assuming they will be sorting this by the sub groups I'm hoping Maki and Nico will also look decent.
>>
File: tumblr_nhghkxsCRP1t35kwso6_540.jpg (151 KB, 512x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhghkxsCRP1t35kwso6_540.jpg
151 KB, 512x720
I wonder if someone can help me with what makeup I could do for this Nico. I don't want to be too natural or too flashy.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464716563676.jpg (107 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464716563676.jpg
107 KB, 1200x1200
>>9030998
>>9031069

Thank you for the advice! I feel like even when I practice and watch tutorials I still look too OTT due to my hooded eyes.. even the slightest bit of eyeshadow/liner gives me a smokey eye look.. "Daily-wear" for me concists of literally just mascara and maybe lipgloss. Plus most tutorials don't even account for the fact that most of my eyelid is not visable..

Here is a good example from 2 years ago, I was going for a OTT look anyway with falsies for idol Mii-Chan from AKB0048, please excuse my eye wrinkles, it was taken when I was first diagnosed with severe ezcema on my face, took my doctors 18 months to finally get me back to normal.
>>
>>9032704
You haven't properly shaped your falsies in this picture, you need to curve them to your eye shape. That right one, especially, looks way, way too straight across and is super unflattering. Also, you need to bring colour into your cheeks and work on a better lip shade. This isn't a super flattering look apart from your choice of eyeshadow colour.
>>
>>9032704
I see a lot of make up tutorials for specifically hooded eyes, if you weren't using one like that to practice I would suggest you do as those looks would be more flattering! As for the falsies, I can't say I'm too good at them myself either, I'm currently learning how to do them too, but I also think maybe those type of lashes perhaps weren't suited for the look? Apart from that, I don't think your application is too bad.
>>
>>9032680
A small semi thick liner on the eyes, not full cat eye tho but a slight flick outwards. Maybe even some falsies that extend more towards the putter lashes.
This costume doesn't need a major flaw look or anything, something light and girly to match the theme of the outfits is acceptable
>>
>>9032769
Do you think I could get away with lip gloss or maybe a light pink lip? Thanks for the help !
>>
>>9032243
Yeah, I'm really not a fan. I thought of scouting the next box after the event. When I saw it, I was full of nope.jpg

>>9032474
Ok! I'll check them out when I'm done with WUG. (I might still get around to Aikatsu eventually.)

>>9032680
>>9032835
Not that anon, but I think a light lip gloss or lip stick with a bit of shimmer might look really cute, depending on the tones and undertones of your skin, just something light and sweet that complements the mood of the outfit.
>>
I love that there are high quality taobao Love Live cosplays available to make large groups easier but everyone picks the same stuff. Swear I saw 5 different Cheerleader and China Dress groups at Fanime.
>>
File: 890Nozomi.png (124 KB, 512x720) Image search: [Google]
890Nozomi.png
124 KB, 512x720
>>9032243
Yep I'm pretty sad because I was jazzed to see glasses in a SR/UR card but the result is just terribad. Don't care if real idol costumes are this ugly this is just appalling.
>>
>>9032704
from the photos i also think you would benefit a lot from color correcting after primer before foundation! I'm super red and it helps even out your skin tone (obviously you have to add a bit of color/contour gently back to your skin afterwards but you'll look more picture perfect for OTT idol stuff)
>>
>>9034078
>there will never be a full SLG group
>>
>>9029719
Pripara is cute but no one subs a middle portion of the anime so it isn't even worth it to start.
>>
>>9030848
While you at it, show them better idols to like.
>>
>>9034078
i dont understand how few there are that understand how much more amazing the group can be if you have all of muse instead of just a bunch of nicos, nozomis, kotoris, and makis.
>>
>>9029719
If you watch Cinderella girls (you can watch it at daisuki.net) you should also try to get the Starlight Stage Cinderella Girls app, you have to go through the Japanese app store. Knowing the characters through the game and the anime can make it a really fun series to get into.
>>
>>9030342

Personally I don't know if I'd start out with WUG. Its so different and unique, I think its better saved as something refreshing in between the more similar series.

I would start with Idolmaster personally
>>
>>9034078
Those ones are probably the slightly cheaper ones that everyone in the group can agree on that look good. I only have a small 4 person group and even then we have trouble with all agreeing on one we all want to do.
>>
>>9035288
Why don't you guys just take turns on which to do? That way everyone can do their favorites, my group use to do that, but then again we did it when you couldn't buy love live cosplay online.
>>
>>9035263
But 765 pro is a really boring anime if you don't know about the characters first
>>
>>9035302
Only 2 of us in the group are avid cosplayers and if the other 2 had a choice they would want to do something other than LL. But when it's our turn to choose we want to make sure to choose something we're all okay with wearing.
>>
>>9035356
That's why you watch Xenoglossia first.
>>
>>9032243
People really shit themselves about Love Live's designs, but this is how I feel about most of their sets. They're especially lackluster when they're drawn just sitting there which is most of the cards.
>>
>>9035213
I started cosplaying Honoka and Hanayo as well as Nozomi and suddenly everyone needs me for their groups.
>>
>>9034085

Jidol is not kidol. They cant wear cool fashions or anything simple yet sexy
>>
>>9035213
In my defense Ive only cosplayed Nozomi or Eli because I've usually taller than the rest of the group
>>
>>9028724
This is cringe for their size and costumes but I will applaud them for looking happy/smiling. Most of the Asian groups I have seen are really dead in the face and look like they dont wanna be there.
>>
>>9035196
Ah. thanks for the heads-up. I'll give that one a pass for now.

>>9035223
Thanks for the source! I don't know if I can survive getting sucked into another idol game. I already have a Japanese iTunes account, so I might go for it.

>>9035263
I'm more than halfway through WUG if you count the movie. I'm too far in to stop now, though I'm fully prepared for whatever ending happens. Idolmaster might be a good pick-me-up after, since an anon said WUG was kind of sad.

>>9035414
Tjhere was a idol thread a while ago where people ranked their top three and bottom three sets. I had a harder time with the bottom sets due to disliking so many. One of my tops was in several people's bottom picks, so maybe I just have shit taste too. (I just really like the unidolized ballroom set I'm sorry!)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>9035578
This new card set and a lot of their stage outfits are neither of those.
>>
>>9036241
So am I the only one who thinks the new card set looks like something out of Aikatsu?
>>
File: giphy.gif (232 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
232 KB, 480x270
>>9036255
The first one and the live ones look more like pripara. The school ones just seems a little boring. Maybe the Nico's suit is a little like aikatsu sensei, but not really. Aikatsu's coords are way cuter than that.
>>
File: 886idolizedKotori.png (150 KB, 512x720) Image search: [Google]
886idolizedKotori.png
150 KB, 512x720
>>9036570
I was referring to this set: >>9032243
Specifically the pink ones
>>
>>9036578
This ones is okay because it just had plaid and gingham prints rather than....fruit/pixels?
>>
>>9036578
This is a hella cute birb
>>
>>9036578
Oh heck yeah. That's totally aikatsu and I love it! I'm sorry, I'm not hip with the love live kids at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (820 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
820 KB, 1920x2560
I'm cosplaying for the first time for AN next weekend and I'm starting to get worried. I've been wanting to cosplay for years but I've been waiting to have the knowledge, money, fitness etc. but I'm still having doubts mainly because I'm going to be using a dark brown wig for Kotori since I have tan skin. I've seen tan/dark girls use light hair for Kotori and personally I think it looks really off. I metioned this in a previous thread and someone brought up how the earlier LL! designs feature Kotori with dark hair but I'm still feeling nervous.

Am I making this a bigger thing than it is or should I just cosplay something else?
>>
>>9037679
How dark is the wig?
>>
File: R_48_Kotori.png (655 KB, 640x901) Image search: [Google]
R_48_Kotori.png
655 KB, 640x901
>>9037679
I don't think it really matters. Like you said, it's just old design Kotori pretty much. I think it's better to wear a wig that's more flattering on you than look retarded all weekend.
>>
>>9037679
Coming from personal experience if I think something is too light or too dark it usually just is and I wear it later and wonder why I thought it would work. That being said it can look pretty different between indoor light and sunlight so test that out.

Also are you making or buying because I just did a big group of Cafe Maids and they were harder than we thought and we're all experienced cosplayers between 8-15 years experience.
>>
File: Sakuragi Chiharu.jpg (61 KB, 469x720) Image search: [Google]
Sakuragi Chiharu.jpg
61 KB, 469x720
I wanted to cosplay Nozomi Tojo for so long but now that I'm actually ordering from taobao I realised. Shit Love Live outfits are hella ugly. Especially Nozomi's fits.
I only watched 1st season of Idolmaster and I thought it was really boring compared to the LL anime. But their designs are a lot cuter, aren't they?

TL;DR I am so into idol outfits that I almost ordered a cosplay even though I thought the designs were O.K.

I'm ordering a Chiharu Sakuragi outfit from AKB0048 though, I can't wait
>>
>>9038698
Cinderella girls did more justice than the first season if idolmaster, but the games is where they mainly shine. Taobao doesn't have alot of idolmaster costumes though, so making them yourself would be the only choice.
Personally I love both im@s and love live but not being able to fully enjoy im@s games in English is a bummer.

Is the akb anime any good? I never really cared about their idol group, mainly enjoyed morning Musume, c-ute..
>>
>>9039128
No it isn't, but I enjoy their idol group greatly
The anime art is cute but the seiyuus SUCK. the main character seiyuu SUCK. The successors are voiced by actual seiyuus and not the actual idols (Well technically they're not the same person, but it's a bummer for me really)

And yea, I heard only good about the games! And I will check out cinderella girls, thanks anon!
>>
>>9039128
I know some people who loved it ( and now have become full fleged wota's) and others that haven't.

The first episodes are slow. as. fuck. as it goes through the whole 'auditioning' process, but it has an actual plot to it and some nice character development with each of the kenkyuusei getting an episode. It's nice if you know a bit about the group ( ie. mayu being CG, her love for meat, yuki and alpaca's as well as references to the unlucky 6th gen and black 8th gen) but it's quite fun to watch w/o that knowledge.

Just expect some slow beginnings, random gravure and hand shakes episodes, but also machine gun idols. To join akb0048 you must first fire an ak0047.

I'd say the closest thing to is macross, but it's also quite funny to see a world where being an idol is illegal -- which is where we might be in a few years.
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 640x800
Looking for some opinions! I've cosplayed Kikuchi Makoto in the past, and I'm itching to do another one of her outfits in the future (maybe for Sakuracon, if I can swing it). I'm sort of undecided on which outfit to tackle this time, though. I've been considering pic related, but I'm stil completely open. Are there any outfits that you gulls have never seen done, or ones that you're really in love with?
>>
>>9039160
I mean, the main reason it sucks is because wota's don't get on well with otaku's so mgmt didn't want to create even more anti's.

which is why the only senbatsu member in it was mayuyu, purely because she's already the otaku idol so it wouldn't hurt her image like it would the other senbats.

But the shitty seiyuus for the successors was annoying as fuck, i thought the kenkyuusei actually being the girls was kind of cute but i'm a whore for the NONAME group anyway.
>>
File: Matoko.jpg (1 MB, 3992x2467) Image search: [Google]
Matoko.jpg
1 MB, 3992x2467
>>9039212
These are my personal favorites of Makoto
>>
File: 894idolizedChika.png (137 KB, 512x720) Image search: [Google]
894idolizedChika.png
137 KB, 512x720
I really love Riko's and Chika's Rain event outfits, though I wish all girls got them since none of the girls are my favorite
>>
>>9039215
Nagisa was so lifeless though. I know she won a voting to get the role, but she was actual shit. The anime would have been decent if the actual main character had a decent seiyuu. Mayuyu did a great job on Chieri!

And I guess you're right. I'm glad they're portraited as "successors" and not the actual idols. It's well thought out
>>
>>9040202
Ah, I hated nagisa's character anyway so it didn't really bother me that much.

The anime, besides the idols not being good seiyuus ( which is quite funny seeing as nagisa, orine and suzuko graduated with wishes to become VA's) is a good rendition of the actual akb group, whilst incorporating a lot of 'in jokes' and key akb things w/o being overboarded by things?

I mean, I liked it, but i mean, i like shit like geinin and majisuka gakuen so I'm not really a connoisseur of idol tv.
>>
>>9040210
That's true. The anime was actually my intro to the group and gave me a basic understanding of how they do things.
I think it was well executed considering the concept, but it really triggered me that the actual main kenkyuusei sounded like shit and was emotionless and monotone. If it was any other kenkyuusei I wouldn't care. But it was the MAIN oh gosh
>>
>>9038698
nozomi almost always gets shafted when it comes to her outfits, at least compared to the other girls. It's a real shame
>>
>>9038698
>>9040351

How can I understand this? Besides LL being target for shitty costumes in general, do need to be especially careful when I plan to buy a Nozomi outfit?
>>
File: Nozomi18.png (132 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Nozomi18.png
132 KB, 1024x1024
>>9040512
I think they meant design-wise, not quality.
I don't even like Nozomi but I don't think her outfits are all that terrible.

Rin's the one that gets shafted, I'd say.
>>
File: image.jpg (875 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
875 KB, 2048x2048
I need help deciding on what version of Eli I should cosplay. I've narrowed it down to four choices. I'm going to a cosplay event in Japan and my Japanese cosplay friends want me to cosplay Eli since I'm the tall gaijin.

Any suggestions? I'll be in Japan end of March - early May next year so something that can be a bit warmer.

Also if you have links to Taobao on where I can order the outfit I would love you forever.
>>
>>9040859
It'd be neat to see a Taisho Roman set, since that one's fairly newer.
>>
>>9040859
Are any of your friends going with you as a group?

Something to consider would be luggage space and remember in Japan you don't change into your cosplay until you get to the venue so you'll have to drag all your stuff on the subway/trek across town.

If you want to go with something less commonly seen then constellation and taisho roman would be the better two choices. Taisho roman might be heaviest to bring though.
>>
>>9040512
I just meant design wise, I'm sorry!

>>9040679
She has some good ones, and when they're good they're REALLY good. But compared to most of the others (particularly Nico, Kotori, Maki), I think she's usually at the bottom. Rin is as well though.

The Magician set is quite nice overall I think
>>
>>9039212
I'd say to stay away from card outfits. They're wholly unrecognizable.
>>
>>9041032

I've cosplayed in Japan before, so I'm used to rules/etiquette. I'm also getting business cards done up.

I'm like 90% sure I'll be solo Eli. I'll confirm with my friend before I head over though.

Depending on the costume I might just fly it over, and ship it back. I have no idea haha.
>>
>>9040859
i personally would take Yume no Tobira for comfort and space
>>
Would vocaloid questions be okay in an idol thread?
>>
>>9042240
They are idols, a dying breed (not including miku kek) like akb48 it seems but still.
>>
>>9038698
Please watch Cinderella girls, it's a lot more fun to watch than 765
>>
File: Rolling.Girl.full.1921231.jpg (349 KB, 800x731) Image search: [Google]
Rolling.Girl.full.1921231.jpg
349 KB, 800x731
>>9042284
Yeah, I figured they're technically idols so it should work here.

Do you guys think it would look okay to alter Miku's Rolling Girl outfit to be more summer appropriate? I'm going to Anime Midwest and I was looking for a cosplay I could put together without breaking the bank since I'm broke from Acen/Miku Expo. I wouldn't mind normal rolling girl but I don't want to have heat stroke since the con is in July. I'm thinking if an alteration wouldn't work, I might try to get Gumi's Panda Hero outfit together.
>>
>>9040859
I'd go for constellations, that is my favourite set
>>
>>9042364
you'll probably be fine just wearing the costume as it is. i've gone to midwest wearing a jacket and full pants and i survived, you can do it anon
>>
>>9042240
I think it's fine as long as it's questions. Usually Vocaloid threads are just massive image dumps, so..

>>9042364
As long as the sweater's thin (or you stay indoors), you should be fine.
>>
>>9042364
I've wore Rolling Girl at AX before and it wasn't bad at all. The sock were the most uncomfortable part. My black sweater was a close to sheer material and so was the skirt.
>>
>>9030411
What area are you in, anon? I'd absolutely love to do aikatsu unit cosplays, and I know of a few others in my area that would be up for it too.
>>
>>9042287
The girls in Cinderella girls aren't nearly as good tho but maybe it's a little funnier? the producer is way better in it tho, honestly at points he makes the show
>>
>>9043000
agreed, I love his stone face. there's yaoi of the two p's in imas which I secretly love.
>>
Are there actually pictures of good LL Bokutachi wa Hitotsu no Hikari group cosplays?
>>
Is Sandy2014Lou on eBay any good? They're the only person who's selling the Arabian Dancer outfits that I can find and I'm hearing mixed things.
>>
>>9044098
To be honest the designs are horrendous in the first place, the final live costumes were okay if you wanted reference.
>>
>>9042794
ahhhh that johny bepp cosplay!
I'm in SoCal!
>>
File: 184_S1Ep10.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
184_S1Ep10.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Where can I get yellow lenses for a Hoshizora Rin cosplay? The site I usually buy from only has natural eye colors.
>>
File: 698563.jpg (4 MB, 8595x5440) Image search: [Google]
698563.jpg
4 MB, 8595x5440
Anyone planing in cosplaying the new girls?
>>
>>9044555
Don't buy from ebay? Simple.
>>
>>9044788
I'm cosplaying Dia for the AX panel. I don't actually like her that much so far but I have the wig from another cosplay and I can pick a different girl after the anime airs since I'll have the uniform.
>>
>>9044788
I'll probably make the Chika here >>9040126 since the outfit is so adorable
>>
>>9044610
>To be honest the designs are horrendous in the first plac

They are quite tacky, especially the stage outfits for the last live. Pic related.Yet I think they would look quite cute, if done properly.

> the final live costumes were okay if you wanted reference

reference as for what?
>>
File: CfQr3v2VAAAkjC0.jpg (44 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
CfQr3v2VAAAkjC0.jpg
44 KB, 500x333
>>9045188

Dropped the pic..
>>
>>9044773
You can check out Uniqso or Honeycolor
>>
>>9044788
I plan on cosplaying You
>>
File: image.gif (969 KB, 245x219) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
969 KB, 245x219
>>9044854
>>
>>9044555
I bought from that seller and had no problems, but that was a few years ago so I can't speak for their product quality as of right now. If you're hearing mixed things already about the costume, I'd hold off on ordering until other sellers start listing it. Or, you could see if there are reviews for the version you specifically wanted, and if those are all positive, it should be fine to go ahead and order it.
>>
Just saw this on facebook and couldn't help how incredibly cute this was? Wish people around my area was able to be this organized when dancing. Sadly not many dance, or just incredibly bad at it.

https://youtu.be/YwHbQqDmQjw
>>
File: commentary.jpg (196 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
commentary.jpg
196 KB, 1440x810
>>9045944
>those crisp ass moves
This is my need, but no one is as big a fucking weeb as I am about im@s and dancing + cosplay duo other than Angel Hearts, but they don't allow others other than the originals to dance with them.
>>
File: 1430702933617.jpg (133 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1430702933617.jpg
133 KB, 1920x1080
Also, for those on the fence about watching im@s 765 pro anime, I found this spoiler free review that you can watch for a jumpstart:
https://youtu.be/Ybn3-aGE_4I
>>
File: 1457593780480.jpg (60 KB, 476x687) Image search: [Google]
1457593780480.jpg
60 KB, 476x687
>>9047400
Could be worse honestly. You could be a guy and have to live out your dance desires either in the privacy of your home or vicariously through the few im@s cosplayers who never actually learn the dances or even know them to begin with.
>>
File: Br0VcnbCIAI7TxK.jpg (76 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
Br0VcnbCIAI7TxK.jpg
76 KB, 576x1024
>>9047785
I've actually cosplayed with some im@s traps before and they were on point with the dances and cosplay, or you could always go the animeweedlord420 route.
>>
>>9047837
I fucking love him
>>
>>9047837
I have a secret friend crush on him, we're twitter mutuals and I want to be his friend but I came on too headstrong when I first talked to him and now I'm too embarrassed by my behavior to ever speak to him. Oops. His kyun vampire is the best ever.
>>
>>9047837
I could never be as big of a meme as him, he really cornered the market. Plus I'm not a big husky manly looking guy so I'd probably just come across as some weirdo trap or cross dresser.
>>
File: $_1.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>>9040126
This Chika anon here. I'm actually gonna start on this one soon. However, on the card, the top looks sparkly but not the skirt (which I will use the same fabric for) , should I still go for a sequin fabric, or should I go with like fine satin and bring it out with rhinestones?

Also I can't find rainbow fabric with small horizontal stripes like she has, but I did find this rainbow Organza. Do you think it would look better to use the organza but having the stripes go vertical, or to make my own fabric out of ribbons in a row?
>>
>>9050335
I think you should go with the rhinestones option. That's what it looks like it is to me, anyways!

As for the fabric, I wouldn't do the ribbon for sure. Either the vertical stripes or I would paint/dip dye fabric myself. If you use iDye poly it'll work even on organza/tulle.
>>
>>9050335
It looks more like rhinestones than sequins to me.
I wouldn't bother with all those ribbons. It will probably come out wonky.
>>
File: MQ1A5393.jpg (158 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
MQ1A5393.jpg
158 KB, 1000x1500
>>9044878
this might sound racist but are you black. all of the cosplayers in the US I've seen of the G2 girls are black, and they aren't bad, its just this strange meme
>>
>>9050960
I am white. My friends that are cosplaying with me are either Asian or white/ hispanic.
>>
>>9047400

I would honestly just start your own group or solo it. Angel Hearts aren't the end all be all of groups.

While I think their sewing skills are clearly advanced and fantastic, I personally think most of them look way too old. At 30+, I think they want to keep any young upstarts out, might take away from what little attention they do get. I feel like their dancing isn't that great outside of one or two members, but the nice costumes kind of distract from it.
>>
>>9050335
There's some fabrics that have scattered dots of glitter on them. It's slightly textured, but could work for this purpose. Most are sheer, though so it would be an overlay over a different color.
>>
File: 23-tokyo-7th-sisters-3.jpg (333 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
23-tokyo-7th-sisters-3.jpg
333 KB, 1000x1000
Any tokyo 7th sisters cosplayers? I really want to cosplay but I know noone that wants to cosplay with me
>>
>>9051428

Pretty much this. Their sewing is nice, but thats about all they bring to the table. Theyre not even a full group or some have been gone for a very very long time and something that could give you an edge if you dance better than them (not a hard task there
I completely sympathise though, there arent many that I know of and would love to be in a full group.
>>
>>9053625
They really do look like they were Idol moms instead of idols

This is why i'd like to do as many idol cosplays (and other young girls) before I'm 25
>>
>>9053670
Holy fuck they look so old. Iori, Ami, and Ritsuko legitimately look like they could be my friends' moms.
>>
>>9053670
Mama live sounds like a great gimick
>>
>>9053604
I'd cosplay with you, anon! 7s doesn't get enough love
>>
>>9053670
They would all benefit a lot from learning how to apply make-up.
Iori, Makoto, Miki and Ritsuko all need a lot more make-up especially around the eyes.
Chihaya needs to learn how to apply character appropiate make-up because wow those lips
and Ami need to fix those eyebrows
>>
>>9053670
Why are they all fat?
>>
>>9053868
Wasn't there an actual idol group with 40+ members only?
>>
>>9053670
With age comes craftsmanship though, and these are pretty impeccably made.
>>
File: 280px-OJS48_-_Shinkokyuu.jpg (25 KB, 280x284) Image search: [Google]
280px-OJS48_-_Shinkokyuu.jpg
25 KB, 280x284
>>9053903
Mm, all I can think of is OJS48, a short lived group of retired policemen and detectives who now work security at AKB48 events.
>>
File: 20150719115921910.jpg (64 KB, 537x364) Image search: [Google]
20150719115921910.jpg
64 KB, 537x364
>>9053903
KBG84?
>>
>>9053889
Girls balloon with age for some reason anon
>>
>>9053670

I've seen the Ami in person and she ages herself with the way she applies her makeup which is a shame.

I'm not even sure if it's that they look old as much as it is most of them just have really unfortunate faces (the Iori, Chihaya and Ritsuko look the worst imo). But I guess they do all look like moms for the most part.
>>
>>9054179
The Ami is super sweet and nice. And she's really cute in person as well. I think her makeup style just looks old/ outdated and photographs poorly. She also has a really cute body type for idol cosplays.
There's no saving that Chihaya and Ritsuko. They look like feet.
>>
I'd love to make an actual active Midwest group that performs and coordinates like Angel Hearts. The idea has been tossed around for years but nobody actually wants to act on it. Sort of sick of waiting around, I just want to do idol stuff with other people already!
>>
File: tumblr_nbrlkqSrqf1ti8qgxo4_250.gif (2 MB, 250x370) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbrlkqSrqf1ti8qgxo4_250.gif
2 MB, 250x370
( I hope real idol cosplay talk is allowed here bu anyway)

I'm planning to cosplay warukii ( milky ver in mourning of the impending grad.) but I'm on a bit of planning problem with the devil tails. It's super bouncy but always go back to an upright position, anyone got any materials suggestion? I was thinking some wire like a modified ahri tail tutorial but I'm stuck.

>>9053903
Also, OJS48 or ojiisan48 was a shortlived 48 group that flopped after 1 single of old dudes.
Also SDN48, saturday night 48 was 20+ members and was used to ship off the too old girls ( like meetan. ) + There are/were part time akb members, including a 36 year old mother.
>>
>>9054358
I still get so excited when anyone brings up the warukii outfit it's SO CUTE

I wish I had a good suggestion for the devil tail, anon, but I'm pretty stumped, too. The best I could think of is think wire.

>>9054358
>meetan
Poor meetan haha that's a name I haven't heard in a while
>>
File: 23493753654_ca040fd0e3_z.jpg (176 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
23493753654_ca040fd0e3_z.jpg
176 KB, 640x360
curious- does anybody know if there are any dance covers or such for any of the Macross Delta songs? I've looked but can't find any- I'm sure I remember a cosplay group doing one a while ago but I can't remember who ;A;

I want to learn one for fitness, and also ref as I'm planning a Delta cosplay!
>>
>>9054658
The Delta dances aren't very exercise-esque, I wouldn't bother.
>>
>>9054358
Pre bent spiral or spring steels, but you'd have to be careful with that...
>>
File: 1448695294808.jpg (63 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1448695294808.jpg
63 KB, 640x640
My dream idol cosplays now consist of Warukii and Nyan Nyan Kamen
>>
File: v.png (522 KB, 785x429) Image search: [Google]
v.png
522 KB, 785x429
>>9055496
Hello, are you me, because I too share this dream. ( and already half way through warukii finally)

My new idol goal is nyan nyan kamen, that mariko panda and ?? takamina. (maripanda and dorikugaa)
new akb0048 anime akb22xx please. i need more NNK.

>>9054545
fuck me man, meetan and og sayanee and nachu. I miss them so much. I'm never over the forced graduation of SDN, also, now that the bad boys have graduated from akbingo . . . . let nachu host it please nachu is god.

>>9055130
How would those go into making a tail? I mean I quess bounce wasn't the best word to use as it more sways around but always goes back to the same position.
>>
>>9028724
They look awful but at the same time they just look so happy I can't hate this
>>
>>9054658
>>9054673
>not pulling tires in the rain and mud
>>
File: 900idolizedHonoka.png (188 KB, 512x720) Image search: [Google]
900idolizedHonoka.png
188 KB, 512x720
And the prize for most ugly love live outfit ever goes to this hot mess
>>
>>9056086
I'm praying the NicoUmi set is good because it's the last (predicted) µ's set
>>
>>9056086
Her leg looks so fucked up too.
I really like the Nico but it's still ugly. For some reason I just like it despite knowing that it's hideous.
>>9056095
That is incorrect. The number of µ's sets is increasing to two per month after the NicoUmi set and will be released alongside 2 Aqours sets every month IIRC. Each event will also feature two cards. Events will alternate between µ's and Aqours. Seen on the LL Wikia twitter.
>>
File: 480px-Kirakirasrareplus.jpg (185 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
480px-Kirakirasrareplus.jpg
185 KB, 480x600
>>9056086
For Love Live it feels a little off, but I am 110% overdesigned Kirari trash so I love it anyway
>>
>>9056181
Are you mixing the EN doubled-events with the JP 4.0 update?

4 sets per month is just overkill.
>>
>>9056086
>>9056184
I was just going to say there's a CG that already owns that style haha
>>
>>9056429
I think that Kirari's and Honoka's outfits look a lot different. The color and style of Kirari's is brighter and pops more so even though it's a mess, the palette is still coherent where as the Honoka card is a little too undersaturated and clashes really bad. At least IMO. Also Kirari is very obviously just sweets where as Honoka looks part fuzzy bear, part crown prince, part magical girl, part idol.
>>
>>9056184
I love Kirari though, but her thing is being OTT and she keeps it to one style, mostly lots of sweets or cookies.

That Honoka though. They put a crown, bear ears and a headbow on her head, like what's even going on
>>
>>9056213
Diff anon, but other anon is kind of right, they're releasing 2 muse and 2 Aqours URs a month after the summer update
>>
>>9056812
A UR isn't the same as a set, though. 1 set = 2 URs.
So what you're saying would be 2 sets.

Anyway. I was just saying that it's the last /predicted/ set. We don't know what those µ's sets are going to be.
>>
>>9055496
>>9055509
OH gosh gulls, I can relate. My oshimen is Kojima Haruna so I really want to cosplay Nyan Nyan kamen with Chiharu Sakuragi hair. AAAA
>>
>>9056842
My bad, I heard they were full sets. I assumed it was a cash grab.
>>
>>9056842
Yeah, hence the 'kind of', wasn't sure if other anon meant 4 full sets or 4 partial sets/UR releases
>>
>>9032704
I noticed your flick. Do you have trouble with the flick?

When I do 'cat eyes' or winged liner, I can't follow the steps for a normal cat eye which is flicking the liner up using the lower lash line as a guide, it gets cut off when I look straight ahead. I think I'm seeing that in your picture, your flick.

For hooded eyes, I've found winged liner works best when the wing goes out horizontally from the corner of the eye. It doesn't get cut off that way.

I'd stay away from anything shimmery with a hooded eye. It can look way too harsh. With a hooded eye, a single color of eye shadow is generally best just to add color to the lid. Eye shadow tutorials are kind of hard because in order for it to really show, the eye shadow has to be brought up to the brow bone to really be noticeable with the eyes open which of course looks silly when the eyes are closed.

Just practice getting a really thin line with eyeliner, try different types of liner. I find some liners just leave far too thick of a line even with the lightest amount of pressure.

I don't know, hooded eyes are kind of awful. It really does make applying makeup harder.
>>
File: P1016553.jpg (76 KB, 973x892) Image search: [Google]
P1016553.jpg
76 KB, 973x892
It took me a second to find a picture. I usually make my flick much thinner then this, but the position is the same. I'm sorry it's an Asian eye... I tried finding Caucasian and could not find what I was looking for.

The concept is the same though, instead of flicking the wing upward, see how it goes out more to the side? I tend to create a straighter, thinner wing so it's not as heavy, but the picture is nice as it has that classic cat eye shape still.
>>
>>9054358
I'm a bit on the bustier side, so I know the original warukii outfit moght look weird on me... But Sayanees outfit got tacky colors. I dislike hot pink and black together. It just screams Hot Topic to me haha it'll only look great on Sayanee. My oshimen is HaruNyan but her Warunyan outfit is just............ so ugly.. halp
>>
>>9059059
I just googled that performance holy shit i'm laughing only kojiharu.
Other than that I'm sure kojimako, yukirin, sakuratan ( once she performed in a purple blue ver,) and the og warukii costume as well.

( i actually love sayanee's one bc it's trashy as hell and that's how i like my idols. trash. also oshi bias. )
>>
>>9053670

Haruka's wig bothers me so much, it's not meant to be ramrod straight, its meant to have a cute flick at the tips.
I also believe Iori's wig cap is showing...
>>
Has anyone ever seen a Rock Nico example or have photos?
>>
>>9059082
High five for oshi bias, Sayanee's version is amazing
>>
File: wanwan-police.jpg (81 KB, 630x317) Image search: [Google]
wanwan-police.jpg
81 KB, 630x317
talking of oshi bias, yuko saved the election?
any of the potential nnks wanna be arrested by gingham check dog? ( i mean what. ) i totally want to make this trashy outfit it's so bad i'm in love.
>>
File: tumblr_o0vly6yVdz1s4xy3no1_540.jpg (102 KB, 508x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0vly6yVdz1s4xy3no1_540.jpg
102 KB, 508x810
>>9053604
>>9053877
When will we get our anime and/or pre-made cosplays

Pic related of best girls
>>
Does anyone know if the quality of the costumes from L-email Cosplay Store is any good? I was checking out some Love Live costumes and since they custom make them (my boobs and hips will never fit their XL size) I was thinking of buying from them, but I can't find any reviews,
>>
File: Idols190.jpg (47 KB, 280x374) Image search: [Google]
Idols190.jpg
47 KB, 280x374
https://twitter.com/KagamineNico/status/745055298394722304
Someone is organising a Sunny Day Song flashmob at AX or in other words, a massive cosplay dance.

Sunny Day Song is an insert song from the LL Movie that celebrates all School Idols. In the movie, µ's gathered School Idols throughout Japan for one performance.

They are welcoming Idols from all 2d Idol Franchises so get Ready to H-A-J-I-M-A-R-I-U-T-A
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av5020158/
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av1176528/index_55.html
>>
>>9063698
this is gonna be a hot mess
>>
>>9063792
My thoughts exactly.

They have good intentions, but this kind of thing never goes well.
>>
File: 1466314852257.jpg (225 KB, 789x1121) Image search: [Google]
1466314852257.jpg
225 KB, 789x1121
>>9063698
Watch as it ends up
>99% love live
>1 or 2 iDOLM@STER cosplayers who didn't have a Love Live cosplay ready or on hand getting awkward looks from the other LL cosplayers wondering who they are
>>
>>9053670

They're veteran American cosplayers and I have nothing but respect for them and the talent they bring. They're also just the sweetest people! Total senpais.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 640x800
>>9053670
It would be nice though to see some older CG idols (Reiko, Miyu, Sanae, Shino, Kaede,etc.) being cospalyed in a group and I think this group could pull it off.
>>
>>9064110
I agree, it's not that they are too old to cosplay, They just don't really fit the characters they are cosplaying as since they are all around 15 years old.

CG has a lot of lovely older characters (you forgot Nana though) that I would love to se more cosplays of
>>
>>9063826
The last convention I went to was about 90% LL to 10% Im@s cosplayers.

That being said most LL fans probably know what it is other than the newest of newfags. The same kind who think Derestage ripped off SIF.
>>
File: Sunshine150.jpg (58 KB, 600x535) Image search: [Google]
Sunshine150.jpg
58 KB, 600x535
http://motto.daisuki.net/awm2016/events.php

If you have a question to ask Aqours, post it here.
>>
>>9063698
Kagamine Nico? this won't be any good
>>
>>9038698
Cinderella girls is so much more fun than 765!!
Plus there's so many cute outfits!
>>
>>9063698
Quit self promoting your shitty flashmob, kagamine nico. Your a pedophile and everyone knows it. I hope none attends.
>>
>>9064183
Yeah but most would want to dance an LL in LL cosplay
and I feel like they might know 765 (barely) but not so much CG unless it’s one of the more known girls like Ranko (mostly) , Anzu, or Rin. In my community most LL cosplayers are high schoolers and newfags who say “omg I’m such idol trash desu!” but shit on and won’t give a chance to literally any idol series that isn’t love live.
>>
>>9064404
Each version of im@s has at least 3 girls that are recognizable, I think. I know a ton of LL fans who play CGSS even though they don't care about the rest of the series.

I've noticed the LL community is vastly different everywhere you go, though. It's really strange.
In my area, they're mostly 16+ and tolerate other idol series' at the very least.
They're salty as fuck about worst girl/best girl arguments though, jesus.
>>
File: CXfjf5bUEAA2VYD.jpg (66 KB, 600x386) Image search: [Google]
CXfjf5bUEAA2VYD.jpg
66 KB, 600x386
>>9064110
Let's all cosplay the Cakes!

>>9064112
>you forgot Nana though
B-But she's only 17!!
>>
>>9064404
Thats honestly how like 90% of the LL cosplayers are in my area, except now since there are more cute and popular cosplayers doing cute CG girls, the girls who were condemning it now all of sudden wanna cosplay it.
>>
>>9064112
>you forgot nana

How dare you.
>>
>>9064404
>>9064454

Which is sad, because even though I love Love Live (kek) Idolm@ster is IMO better in most categories. I understand why Love Live's more popular, but I wish the popularity division was more like 60-40 than 99-1.
>>
>>9063698
How would this even work? The LL dances are choreographed for 9 people so would people just pick and choose whatever they want to do and flail around trying not to hit people? Makes no sense - get your shit together, old man.
>>
>>9065247

Maybe if Bamco was as open about exposing people to Im@s instead of making every effort to give the finger like Kancolle it may be able to compete with LL! But nope, you have to pay the full price of admission to get a chance to enjoy the original anisong idols
>>
>>9063698
>wonder why everyone is calling girl pedo
>look and realize its a guy
Haha what the fuck.

Thanks for ruining Ranran for me.
>>
Does anyone know good sellers on ebay or aliexpress for Love Live uniforms?
>>
>>9065417

Considering how many people shit on the idol community after the recent stabbing AND the fact that you have literal 9 year girls in Idolm@ster wearing racy outfits I'm not surprised Bamco isn't keen on translating it.

The backlash by SJWs would be unparalleled.
>>
>>9065802
>recent stabbing
Wh-what
>>
>>9065810

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/asia/japan-pop-star-stabbing/

For weeks after this all I heard in my idol community and online was "Oh my GOD THOSE CRAZY JAPANESE AND THEIR MESSED UP IDOL CULTURE DID THIS!"

Hilariously it stopped right around the time Christina Grimme shooting...
>>
>>9065873

http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/mayu-tomita-incident-20160591454.html

Here, something that feels less biased.
>>
>>9059059
This anon here. I just watched KojiHaru's sousenkyou speech one more time, now with subs, and I'm legitimately sad that she's graduating, I'll miss her so much.. I'm also still mad that Warunyan looks as tacky as it does, I really love Warukii and hoped Haruna's outfit to be cute and then it turned out to be the ugliest of all the costumes.

I want to cosplay one of her Heart Gata Virus outfits, NNK and maybe something else. But if I were to start on Nyan Nyan kamen, would worbla work well for the ears? I've literally never cosplayed before, my crafting experience is limited
>>
>>9066050
Less idol-y but also what about torigoya from MJ?
Haruna was so cute with her whole 'mieta!'
Also HGV is fucking good and I support that.

For the ears I'd suggest a resin would be better, casting or something like yaya hans ears would work better but worbla could work as well.
>>
Sort of a more general, not idol specific question, but how do you guys organize groups/find members for your group?
None of my cosplay friends are into CG and I was hoping to get a group for next year but I honestly have no idea where to start!
>>
>>9064198
Fun fact, the cast of Aqours will be in L.A. on the same day that Sunshine premieres on TV.

So imagine them doing the panel then going back to their hotels and staying up to watch the premiere of Love Live! Sunshine.

10 Days left.
>>
>>9066426
It's cute! Thanks anon. I got a Chiharu Sakuragi from AKB0048 on the way!
I want to cosplay the IDORU designs, but Torigoya looks comfy. When I get more used to cosplaying it'd be a good comfy cosplay to bring. And I guess it's easier to produce than the idol cosplays! I'll think about it!

What do you gulls think about crossing the IRL AKB48 idols and 'their' character designs from AKB0048 the animation? I plan to use my Chiharu Sakuragi wig for most of my kojiharu outfits, and style them to the concept
>>
>>9065384
By jumping up and down. That's what every other Idol did in Sunny Day Song.

>>9065417
You mean the game or the franchise in general? Because Love Live is 2/3rd Bamco. Funny thing is I was really thinking Idolm@ster would be localised after the worldwide success of SIF.

>>9065802
The SJWs already exist and Love Live seems to have attracted a lot of them. I really don't know why but Tumblr SJWs congregate on LL.

Some of them genuinely likes Love Live and in between deciding on their preferred gender, they also think about how awesome it would be to make the cast more diverse in size and sexuality. I can't help but wonder how they'll react when T7s becomes popular as it has an actual black idol (and she does speak in ebonics).

Then there's the others who hate Love Live as much as any Idol Anime for being harmful/sexualising women/glorifying the shitty Idol industry etc.
>>
Are male idols okay, too? I've been considering the thought of cosplaying Shinobu or Tomoya from Ensemble Stars.
>>
>>9067483

Speaking about the franchise in general. Officially Bamco has not endorsed a true effort to expose us to idolmaster

Another reason why LL is it actually lacks a lot of usual "issues" anisong idols have.
Zero male presence in the sense there are no voiced male adults and teens. Lots of homosexual context and lack of creepy otaku that plauges the idol industry barring the RL audience but they are harmless so far.
>>
>>9067158
Lucked out with having my friends be into idols as well, then met people on twitter through them. Granted all of us are into different flavors. Some are anime only, a couple only do male idols but it works out well enough that there are people to indulge whatever series I want to cosplay from. Twitter's a really good platform for finding and befriending people with similar interests I've found.
>>
>>9067539
> Ensemble Stars
How is it gamewise? I want to pick up some male idol/date mobile games with the gacha aspect, how would you rate it?
>>
>>9067539
oh my god, please do so anon. I've already got a wig for eichi, just deciding what outfit i wanna cos
>>
>>9064110
I don't disagree with you, but let's be real, even the mature characters look like the rest of the 17 year olds most of the time so people will still complain about how old they look
>>
https://twitter.com/Iovewing
A fanbook has been organised by Aqours and is waiting to be signed.
>>
>>9068959
Supposedly it's already closed.
>>
File: taisho.jpg (193 KB, 757x1024) Image search: [Google]
taisho.jpg
193 KB, 757x1024
Got my Hanayo taishou outfit today, its pretty nice, came with the hair clips as well
>>
>>9069671
that's so pretty omg
>>
File: firstyears.png (81 KB, 197x194) Image search: [Google]
firstyears.png
81 KB, 197x194
So, I want to cosplay either Hanayo or Maki, but im worried about my skin tone?? Im half black, half white, and lighter skinned but im worried the colors wouldn't look good with my skin tone, any suggestions?

I was also worried about my thick and dark ass eyebrows how would I color them properly?

Thanks!
>>
>>9067642
That's because love live is 2D. Wotas generally do not consider 2D idols to be "real" idols so you get WAAAY less of those purity creeps since they avoid it like cancer. With 2D idols the worst you get is people jacking off to their waifu but it's the same as in any other anime. I doubt most people at the imas or all meet ups can even name more than one VA.
>>
>>9069671
who/where did you order from?
>>
File: ReiShinoharaSR+.jpg (98 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
ReiShinoharaSR+.jpg
98 KB, 640x800
>>9068271

Not all the time, Sanae(in the picture you replied to) is noted to have younger despite her age and because she's short.

There are definitely mature ones that look it imo.I'll post a few,
>>
File: RumiWakuiSRare+3.jpg (100 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
RumiWakuiSRare+3.jpg
100 KB, 640x800
>>9069849
*younger looks
>>
File: MizukiKawashimaSRare+1.jpg (99 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
MizukiKawashimaSRare+1.jpg
99 KB, 640x800
>>9069850

>A xmas cake holding a xmas cake

Oh the cruel irony. Also noting most of the older ones are cool types.

Honestly though, I've seen cosplayers in their late twenties and early thirties that look good enough to cosplay younger types, it's all about your genes and how well you take care of yourself.
>>
File: maki and hanayo hair.png (856 KB, 812x600) Image search: [Google]
maki and hanayo hair.png
856 KB, 812x600
>>9069770
Maybe you could go with the darker hair colors they used to have
>>
>>9069872
That's true, I never thought about that option

Thanks so much!
>>
>>9069671
Nice, what's the quality of the skirt like?
>>
>>9055130
>>9055509

Just a bump for interest. I want to make that tail for another cosplay and I'n not exactly sure about using steel springs??

Will it sway like that and then spring back to the original position?
>>
>>9067741
If you went to fanime I know the new generations group was trying to organize a group for an ALA big CG group
>>
>>9067483
They are attracted to it because of all the times they can same "That's so gay. Just like me."
>>
>>9069827
If you ask casual cosplayers they dont, but if you ask one of the producers they more likely do than LL fans.

Im@s is elitist cancer.
LL is tumblr cancer.
And yet I love them both.
>>
>>9069770
Maki's hair color looks very cute on mixed girls imo. As long as you don't use a shitty wig that isn't styled well.
>>
>>9069849
>>9069850
>>9069856

You can get away with those if you look in your 20's, but again, any line on your face and you'll still be considered too old or ugly.
>>
>>9069671
whoooooa anon thats gorgeous, requesting a link drop here too!
>>
>>9067539
Yessss every time I'm in these threads I keep an eye out for Enstars posts!

I cosplay Tori, Shinobu and Nazuna (and considering Hajime too), if you're gonna do Shinobun fair warning but maybe put time aside to do things around the house while wearing the wig before wearing him out, it's soooo disorientating and you cant see Anything to your left at all, the entire con while I was Shinobu I had to cling to my Midori so I wouldn't lose her or run into anything

>>9068247
The gameplay is... Honestly pretty boring. All you really do is just tap screens, the entire draw is in the stories so if you can't read japanese, the easiest way to get into it is to search out translations
>>
>>9070663

>Im@s is elitist cancer

I love both Im@s and LL, but I have to admit, the im@s fandom is so unforgiving and elitist, I can see why people are immediately turned off of trying to get to learn about it. They also seem more bitter about LL's popularity, I rarely hear LL folks shit on Im@s, but the opposite is always in abundance.

LL does attract the tumblr tards, but you also have the chill folks and in general, you don't see as much elitism so it's a much more inviting fandom.

>>9071177

I still think you're being way to harsh. Given the older ladies posted earlier are honestly just unfortunate looking, I don't think any of them have the looks for idols in general no matter the age.

Doesn't look like anyone recorded their new performance, so here's an old one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5nhpOGfB6U
>>
>>9071187
>Given the older ladies posted earlier are honestly just unfortunate looking, I don't think any of them have the looks for idols in general no matter the age.

That was kind of my point, but I forgot to make that more obvious, sorry.
Basically I think it's silly for anons to say they should cosplay older idols, since they would be giving the exact same "they're ugly' comments. Personally I don't think they're unfortunate looking, rather suck at make up and making wigs frame their faces nicely. At least to me it always looks like someone copy pasted their wigs onto them, rather then it looking more natural.
>>
File: hmax.jpg (146 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
hmax.jpg
146 KB, 960x960
>>9071188

I think the idea of them cosplaying older idols is you can't fall back on the "they're way too old for those 15 years old" you know? It's a lose lose on the internet either way, you can't please everybody.
>>
File: ak.jpg (243 KB, 1356x2048) Image search: [Google]
ak.jpg
243 KB, 1356x2048
AKB seems to have dropped off the relevant list of idol shows lol granted it wasn't very good, but I remember a few cosplayers really liking the designs!
>>
>>9071200
>>
>>9071200
AKB0048 was sure something. I can't believe I watched both seasons but it was a train wreck I couldn't keep my eyes away from.

The plot was so outrageous and shameless that in a way I liked it.
>>
>>9071211

Yeah, sounded like a fun guilty pleasure for most, maybe I'll get around to it at some point. Looking to start WUG next.
>>
File: IMG_9504.jpg (2 MB, 900x2027) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9504.jpg
2 MB, 900x2027
>>9069828
>>9071182
I got the outfit from here!(posted in the mail thread too!)
>https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.MwlfDz&id=527567790666&_u=l27k424t3bde

I actually forgot to buy the hat (which is a separate option so please dont be like me haha...)

>>9070418
its pretty comfortable and the it mimics a traditional hakama so you have to learn how to tie it up properly. The printing is nice too, not that iron on stuff.(image related)
>>
>>9071187
>That Haruka

I just hate it when one girl don't know any move of the dance, like it makes it all look so bad
>>
File: ClZkP6gUgAIkCn2.jpg (425 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
ClZkP6gUgAIkCn2.jpg
425 KB, 1365x2048
>>
>>9071353
None of their faces really suit their characters though the costumes themselves look okay. (Still don't like the turtlenecks though)
>>
>>9071353
Wtf where are Riko's eyebrows? Otherwise the costumes look nice. Chika's wig looks off though.
>>
>>9071417
Yeah the Riko freaks me out
>>
Bringing any idols to AX? I'm leaving for the trip early and would love to know who to look out for when I'm there! I'll be bringing Nico for Sat/Sun!
>>
>>9071187
>I rarely hear LL folks shit on Im@s, but the opposite is always in abundance.

To be fair, I've gotten a lot of "What's idolmaster" from Love Live fans at meets. There's a lot less LL -> Idolmaster animosity because most fangirls don't know about it.

And frankly, as a fan of both, I can see why Idolmaster fans might be a little bitter. The series is objectively better than Love Live in most ways (Primarily aside from anime adaptations) yet it is virtually unknown in the west.
>>
>>9071187

When Bamco treats gaijin Im@s fans like unperson with having to jump through paygates and ipgates to even get a taste of idolm@ster while LL! fans gets the princess treatment with US itunes for Aqours, a dub and SIF and making every effort to localize the series there is a reason why im@s fans are elitist. They had to commit themselves more to the hobby.

Sad because I was an im@s fan before a LL! Fan
>>
>>9071662
I don't agree it's necessarily better in most ways but I enjoy both a lot.
And the reason for virtually unknown is easy, Scamco doesn't translate/export shit when it comes to Idolm@ster, At least LLSIF got it's english translation and by the time of the movie it was shown all over the world.
>>
>>9071669

>I don't agree it's necessarily better in most ways but I enjoy both a lot.

I mean, Idolmaster has objectively superior games, fan art (by sheer volume alone, if not quality), and music (again by sheer volume, but also by genre range). Love Live definitely has the better anime, but aside from that, Idolmaster really one ups it.

But that said, Love Live definitely isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. But it is easy to see why Idolm@ster fans would be a bit bitter (at Bamco especially) for it not getting the love it deserves.
>>
>>9071461
I had plans to, but it's looking dimmer and dimmer each minute. I'm so sad, everything keeps going wrong. I was going to bring Akari in her parade school coord from aikatsu. But now I'm just going to try to pull out her summer school uniform since that's easy to sew and there's no way I can finish the coord I wanted the right way in the time I have left.

But I'm excited for the con and I hope I can see a lot of idol cosplay from all kinds of series!
>>
>>9071461
Getting the LL out of my system with summer uniform Nozomi on Friday night, candy maid Nozomi on Sat morning, Dia for the Aqours panel, and White Day Hanayo after that on Saturday.
>>
>>9071681
If we're just talking volume then yeah, I don't know I just feel like it's weird saying one is better no matter what but I understand what you mean.

I would kill for an English version of Deresute though, even if it's just so there's a chance I can plan ahead SSR releases.
>tfw all SSR patterns have been broken

I don't know what to even expect for the upcoming limited set.
>>
File: 133Hanayo.png (112 KB, 512x720) Image search: [Google]
133Hanayo.png
112 KB, 512x720
>>9071461
Gonna be Hanayo, and yukata Honoka, though, just for a shoot.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.