[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime Expo 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: axasw.jpg (53 KB, 1172x526) Image search: [Google]
axasw.jpg
53 KB, 1172x526
AX finally got some guests edition

Old thread >>8996659 is autosaging

46 days and counting!

Thoughts on the latest news and announcements?
What are you cosplaying?
How many years have you been going?
>>
File: guests.jpg (152 KB, 1163x753) Image search: [Google]
guests.jpg
152 KB, 1163x753
ANISONG WORLD MATSURI ANNOUNCED
http://www.daisuki.net/us/en/awm2016/index.html

nine singers and bands
Love Live
One Punch Man

holy fuck
>>
>>9010569
LACC hasn't been able to support AX attendance numbers for a while. They don't have enough big rooms for panels which is part of why you have long ass lines. By size it's around rank 34 in the US.
>>
>>9010634
>T.M. Revolution

be still my heart. my middle school self is crying.
>>
>>9010681
Oh cry with me. I still listen to T.M. Revolution.

Im seriously considering buying tickets just to see them even though I dont live in California
>>
>>9010634
Though the thing is, Anisong World Matsuri events are somewhat separate from rest of AX in that they need additional tickets. I don't believe you need to buy an AX badge to get in?

At any rate, the search for hotels around the con will be in for a worse time.
>>
File: 1435787387598.png (118 KB, 268x332) Image search: [Google]
1435787387598.png
118 KB, 268x332
Once more

Anyone ever stay at the Ritz? What's it like?
>>
>>9010687
Two events are inside the LACC and the other two are in Microsoft Theater and The Novo in LA Live. It's billed as a joint effort. AX concerts have required separate tickets for a while now
>>
I take it that AX may have backpedaled on their YPP requirements for this year since the guests were announced? I can't imagine trying to subject all those people to the procedures described in that policy.
>>
>>9010707
more likely that they are ignoring the background check for international guests, press, and exhibitors and never had the intention of checking them to begin with.
>>
Please be aware you aren't getting these musical guests thanks to AX, if you have anyone to thank, thank Daisuki!

I'm just glad they'll work with AX period.
>>
>>9010736
AX's main contribution here is the location as the "biggest anime convention in America." Smart business sense to go to a location where you have a pregathered and prebuilt fanbase waiting for you.
>>
>>9010681
Love Live made me go, and I am an GUNDAM nerd so I have to do TM revolution.
>>
File: 1452371497968.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452371497968.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>9010634
>JAM Project
>TM Revolution
>FLOW
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (163 KB, 1059x661) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
163 KB, 1059x661
Hulu has now been added to the major sponsors on the front and center page of AX site
>>
>>9011784
Hulu must be putting in big bucks because of the logo size compared to the other two. Surprised they didn't center them as well.
>>
>>9011792
Nah, that's just from my mouse hovering over the logo, but it does look big in comparison because their logo is simply HULU vs. lengthy text/graphics of the other two major sponsors.
>>
>>9010699
It is pretty nice, why do you ask?
>>
>>9011792
Cosplay deviants fucking everything up, even alignment
>>
What's probably going to be the most overdone cosplay/genre at AX?
>>
>>9012233
Undertale, OPM, Jojo
>>
>>9012235
Aside from undertale, it could be worse. Like much much worse.
>>
>>9012233
That Fujoshit bait show
>>
>>9012242
Hey I am from the east coast, as long as it is not filled with NGNL's and OP's people waving overly large flags everywhere I am fine
>>
>>9012235
As someone going as Tatsumaki, I'm sorry.
>>
File: image.jpg (375 KB, 1238x2460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
375 KB, 1238x2460
>>9012242
>Fujoshi bait
Free? Because my boyfriend knows nothing about anime but has a brettygud body so I'm having him go as Makoto Tachibana lol
>>
File: okayado-sensei.png (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
okayado-sensei.png
25 KB, 300x300
If AX is trying to smokescreen the whole background check bullshit I think it's working

Less time to bitch about it when you announce guests
>>
I was wondering about AX's hotel wristband policy, and how well it's enforced? Appearently it's been around since 2009, but I remember last year everyone was pitching a fit over it actually being enforced at the JW? Was it enforced at every AX hotel? And has anyone ever stayed at the LA Hotel Downtown? What's it like?
>>
>>9012674
you're doing the world a service anon
>>
File: image.png (146 KB, 470x264) Image search: [Google]
image.png
146 KB, 470x264
>>9014055
Hahahaha if you see him feel free to take pics with him since I know he won't be interested at all in the anime stuff but I still want him to have a good time.
Pretty biased, but I think he'll make a good Makoto because he has a really impressive back and of course makotos signature muscles are his back ones.
>>
>>9014043
it was only at one hotel and they stopped after a day because they realized how retarded it was. expect the same to happen again. it's basically a giant logjam of stupidity.
>>
Usually just go to the shitty con in Utah and volunteer so I get free stuff and entrance. This is going to be my first time going to expo and cosplaying. I'm going to do something easy (Vice Admiral Garp with the dog mask). Is it going to be too hot for a dog mask, suit, and the navy overcoat? How do you get into the after parties? What is the wristband policy?
>>
>>9014102
probably because that sounds like a lot of fabric with limited breathability
shmooze til you find a party or make your own
wristbands are for downtown hotels only

honestly if you aren't in a downtown hotel already they're a pain in the ass to get to (fuck downtown) so if you aren't in one, don't worry about parties
>>
So background checks are only optional for people that aren't volunteers/AX employees. Hurray for uniform bitching
>>
>>9015042
Just saw that. Hilarity.
>>
>>9015042
>http://www.anime-expo.org/update-youth-protection-policy-announcement/

It's finally over?
>>
>>9015059
Some artists may have pulled out before this was announced, so it's unclear where things are with them. I can imagine a few jimmies are still left rustled
>>
File: Ci7y_8RUkAAHukJ.jpg large.jpg (190 KB, 767x945) Image search: [Google]
Ci7y_8RUkAAHukJ.jpg large.jpg
190 KB, 767x945
Aniplex of USA announced the English dub cast of SAO for guests. I guess this is where bulk of their guest budget went, other than the artists under Aniplex (Japan) for Anisong World Matsuri.
>>
>>9015093
They need to stop calling everything a "fest". And I swear to Christ, the secret guest better not be Reki Kawahara again
>>
>>9015098
I'm thinking the "secret" guest might be English dub actor for Heathcliff or someone from the localization staff. Kawahara seems unlikely since he has already visited a US con this year (Sakura-Con in March).
>>
>>9015059
Still, according to the whole youth protection policy, an exhibitor can pretty much be taken into custody for pretty much anything, if something as simple as having an anime girl figure/dakimakura/wallscroll on display that is wearing nothing but her undies or bikini triggers someone, they can pretty much either close your whole stand and/or taking you into custody for showing obscene material to minors. So we can pretty much expect a big shitstom coming this AX
>>
>>9015118
They have to rope off their adult goods like it's the back end of the video store
>>
>>9015289
Like anybody besids a millennial or older would grasp the concept lmao. Good idea though.
>>
>>9016877
I wasn't joking. The policy now says they have to segregate everything.

>Exhibitors will be required to keep adult materials behind closed pipe and drape, and to conduct ID checks at entrances to adult areas.

It really is the back of the video store.
>>
>>9016929
Wow, I am pretty sure a lot of those vendors wont be happy about that.
>>
>>9010681
I was crying bitter tears. Of COURSE the year I decide not to go they invite Turbo
>>
>>9016989

If they're serious about enforcing that it's going to be very bad for a lot of us. There's also the question of what constitutes "adult" material. In previous years they didn't have an issue with openly selling 18+ material as long as nothing explicit was outwardly visible and you checked IDs before selling/allowing people to browse more.

Only 15% of attendees are underage, can't they just make the con 18+ or keep the kids in a kid-friendly zone to stop fucking shit up for everyone else?
>>
>>9016929

this is honestly bullshit - especially when you consider that #NotAllDoujinshi are hardcore sex where you get to see what exactly is going on inside that asshole.
>>
>>9012233
Undertale
>>
I've never been to a big ass anime convention before and I think AX will be my first one.
So can you guys give me a rundown as to what it's like I guess?
I'm 19 and I'm currently looking for friends to go with.
If you could tell me about lines, hotels, and like overall fun of it that would be great!
It's kind of pricey and I live kind of fr away so I really want to know what I'm getting into here
>>
Will the con be streamed?
>>
>>9017682

bring lots of water, bring your phone charger, live by an outlet, prepare to wait a LOT
>>
>>9017813
>live by an outlet.

Fucking pleb. Get an external battery.
>>
>>9017245
They could make it 18+, but that'd be 15% less sales (or whatever, too lazy for math) and also consider that some life time attendees probably want to bring their kids. All we really need to do is kill this stupid sensitivity protection trend washing us over.
>>
>>9017825
This anon knows what's up. Having one saved me from many a headache.

>>9017682
Registration line shouldn't be too bad again this year.
>Never forget 2014.
>>
>>9017682
You are welcome to join our group, so long you aren't a complete weirdo. Lines for panels can be a pain and you will have to make sacrifices to go see panels you might want to see.
>>
>>9017865
>Lines for panels can be a pain
make that "will be a pain" if it's popular
LACC is a horrible convention center never meant to actually hold 90000 people
>>
>>9017865
Joining you guys would actually be awesome! I'm pretty social so I was kind of planning on meeting people there, but if you would take me in it would loosen me up a bit.
What's the current situation with the hotels there? Are they already booked, I kind of recently made the decision to go recently so I don't know much.
Also is parking a bitch?
>>
File: 6.png (832 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
6.png
832 KB, 1280x720
>>9010634
>FLOW
>>
>>9017833
If you've got a G3 they have this massive battery pack for it. My homie has one and his battery last 3 days with moderate usage. Fantastic.

I was planning on involving a motorcycle battery teathered to a drone for one of my cosplays (Not going to happen this year), so I'm thinking of wiring a USB port to the PSU that I'll have running the drone. Heavy bag, but it'll be worth it.
>>
>>9017915
>What's the current situation with the hotels there?
>Also is parking a bitch?
Everything is booked, you can't find a room for less than $400 a night. The amount of parking is reasonable, but last year they jacked up the rates to over $80 a day after day one.

You're welcome to join me and the other procrastinators at the tent city underneath the 101 underpass. Crazy Joe is making hobo "chili" and grilled rat.
>>
>>9017915
parking on the day of sucks because it's $20 or more near the convention but if you go really early you can get into the convention center
if you get prepaid parking online in one of the surrounding lots or park farther out it's a lot cheaper but you do have to walk in the heat

>>9018055
usb backup batteries are cheap enough that everyone should have one nowadays
>>
>>9018292
if he's driving he can just get a room somewhere farther out and drive in or take metro since the pico station is right there
>>
>>9018302
That's a dangerous thing to be trying in South Central LA. I'm currently having trouble finding a hotel room within a reasonable driving distance, less than $120, and that I won't get robbed in.
>>
>>9018325
$120 a night? should be plenty

for me reasonable driving distance is 30 mins because that's how far my friend's place is from the convention center, heh
>>
>>9018344
Lucky bastard, my friends all bailed on me this year. Can't even get someone to split a hotel bill with.

I've had some bad experiences in cheap motels before. Got robbed once, a guy got murdered in the next room another time. I don't like to play around with this stuff.
>>
Id be interested in helping out a gull. I'll need to know enough about you to use as blackmail in case something goes horrendously wrong though.
Just getting a deal breaker out of the way, but that's not intended to be a blatant threat.
I'm coming from Sacramento, so hitching a ride is also possible.
Drop your email and we'll go from there.
>>
>>9018386
that sounds pretty horrible.
>>
>>9018386
could you be more blatantly insane?
>>
File: 1443391681557.jpg (6 KB, 250x225) Image search: [Google]
1443391681557.jpg
6 KB, 250x225
>>9010632
>Thoughts on the latest news and announcements?
Laughing over the amount of backpedaling on the bg checks & annoyed that the guest announcements so late.

>What are you cosplaying?

If I was going, I'd probably recycle my Toad cosplay or I'd just not cosplay at all. I was thinking about doing a Captain Toad cosplay, but it doesn't really matter at this point since I'm broke as fuck.

>How many years have you been going?
I'd say about five years or so, but I didn't go last year & I'm damn sure that my boyfriend & I are not going this year. I personally have next to no interest in almost all of the guests announced, except for Eir Aoi (who I've seen the last time she was at AX) & the author for "Your Lie In April". Sadly, neither of them are really enough to justify going, even for a day or two. I'm better off just going to my concert the week or two after AX & wasting my money there.
>>
>>9017993
Dreams do come true...
>>
>>9016929
Now im curious, what about booth with all those really hot booth babes? Will a booth be considered adult if the cosplayer is too sexy? Either way I'm probably going to end up on the adult side.
>>
>>9017682
Know you might have to wait an hour or two for everything, and don’t bitch about it in line. We all have to wait in line so it never does anyone any good to hear that random person who won’t stop complaining. If you don’t like lines and have the money, get the VIP.
>>
File: 1439715469879.jpg (56 KB, 537x468) Image search: [Google]
1439715469879.jpg
56 KB, 537x468
>>9018410
>>9018459
I'll be honest, the responses made it worth it.
>>
>>9019313
I was mainly concerned about the lines being so bad to the point where I won't get into an event. I don't mind waiting it's just I don't want to wait forever for no reason if I'm going to get rejected
>>
>>9019651
that's actually what happens because the rooms do not have enough capacity. you have to guess how long you have to be in line and if you guess wrong, you're fucked.

when I first started going it was a much easier convention to get around and enjoy and I haven't even been going for too long
>>
File: 1441814017452.jpg (52 KB, 546x550) Image search: [Google]
1441814017452.jpg
52 KB, 546x550
>>9019651

honestly, the best bet is to plan ahead and, ime, be around the general area for 2-3 hours before the panel's supposed to start - especially if it's a big one.
>>
>>9015093
SAO sucks and they keep bring sao people to every con
>>
>>9015093
Ew this image looks like it took 15 minutes to make on photoshop
>>
>>9020506
Glad I wasn’t the only one who thinks that.
>>
>>9019922
It may suck for you, but as long as it sells, that's what Aniplex will keep bringing back as a business decision.
>>
>>9020735

fucking sheeple
>>
>>9015093
>>9019922
>>9020735
I'm shocked that AX isn't trying to push Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress hard especially since people consider it to be Attack on Titan 1.5
>>
Is walking from the convention center to around the US Bank tower at night safe?
I can get free parking there but I feel like between the half hour walk and the chance of getting mugged it's probably not worth it.
>>
>>9020823
It's probably too early, as in Aniplex of America doesn't have the US releases solidly done and ready to go just yet.

The promo events will always coincide with new products/announcements to be made about a series/show/game, regardless of what's actually popular of now or how far out the release is.
>>
File: ghjk.jpg (90 KB, 1215x378) Image search: [Google]
ghjk.jpg
90 KB, 1215x378
Igarashi Koji (Castlevania, Bloodstained, etc.) announced as Special Guest at AX.

Oddly I only know him for his work on Tokimeki Memorial (1994). I wonder if he'd sign my copy of the game?
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 500x281
I just bought my ticket and reserved a space in a hotel room share. I'm an 18 year old female, this is my first convention, and I'm going alone to an area I don't know. What could possibly go wrong?

Honestly, I imagine the only difficult thing will be coming out of my shell and not being a total introvert.
>>
>>9022251
Just stick with me, m'lady
>>
>>9020902
it might surprise him in a good way, anon. go for it.
>>
>>9022251
Aw I'd hang out with you! Just to keep you company and maybe have some myself cry
>>
>>9020808
I don’t think its sheeple, most people I know can see why sao is bad
I think It’s just an a lot of terrible taste
>>
Is cosplaying at AX worth it? I feel like between the heat and how crowded it is there's not really a point.
>>
>>9022592
What is your objective for cosplaying? I can give a better answer and whether AX will help you do it if I know what you're aiming for
>>
>>9022251
Feel free to join my group + >>9017915
>>
>>9022613
I don't make my cosplays, so I'm not going there to show off anything. I usually like to cosplay with the hope of meeting other people who enjoy the same anime/games as me, but if it's going to be that hot I feel like it's not worth it since people are busy and I probably wouldn't be talking to them for very long anyway. If I cared that much I could also just wear an itabag or something.

I usually cosplay for private photoshoots with friends in groups or duos, and since I won't be doing any of that at AX I don't know if it's worth it at all.
>>
>>9022442
>>9022628
An email for anybody wanting to hang out.
>>
>>9022632
Inside the convention center it's not bad but outside will suck (which if you're in a line for a panel will end up sucking). Since you wouldn't be cosplaying at AX for the enjoyment or for photography you can probably skip it. I'm not sure people will be that busy. There's still a lot of people milling about and when you get stuck in a line there's a whole lot of nothing going on and that's usually when I talk to people
>>
>>9017915
Forggot my email
>>
File: 1456371945959.jpg (33 KB, 500x688) Image search: [Google]
1456371945959.jpg
33 KB, 500x688
>>9022725
>>9022251
ayyy bb want sum fuk
>>
>>9022251
This my first time going to AX and all my friends who were going with me bailed and I went out of my way to get a Evangelion seifuku and a 4-Day pass. I'd be cool to hang out with anyone.
>>
Anybody want my 4 day pass? I bought one a while ago but I won't be able to make it. I'll sell it for cheaper than selling price.
>>
>>9023014
can you shoot me an email with the details?
i'm about to buy my badge right now, but i don't mind taking yours.
>>
>>9010632
Huh only about a month away now (35 days) It's funny how time passes.

So how is everyone's preparations coming along? Cosplay, Hotels/Housing, transportation etc.
>>
>>9023451
making very slow progress on niles no thanks to my work schedule. i have no idea what i'm doing with boot covers, but i think they're coming out okay so far. definitely glad i splurged and bought leather fabric, but i wish i'd picked up some for the brown parts as well. i'm worried that trying to put weathering into pleather will have some pretty bad results, so i dunno what to do.
>>
>>9022251
Why are you going alone?
>>
>9023451

>cosplay

Just need to find the right shoes at a swapmeet or something

>Hotels/Housing
Live really close to downtown but me a group of friends are getting a boneventure room

So far so good, honestly. No worries!
>>
Going to volunteer training tommrow!

AX is going to be the 2nd con i ever go too. Is it harder to make friends at this big con than the other smaller cons? I met a couple of people but we were more like con aquantainces. Didn't get thier info, but they said they were going to Ax, so hopefully i meet them there.

I might have an extra 4 day pass, depending if my friend decides to go or not.

Oh i wanna cosplay, i cansew, and i really wanna do a certain characther, but it seems complicated so ill put it off till next year. So any easy to make cosplays that aren't overly generic?

Anyways how are you all holding up.
>>
>>9025266
making friends at a bigger con, also being ax?

very prepared to be dubbed a racist rapist cis scum oppressor because you looked at someone. avoid anyone that goes in the "safe spaces"
>>
Have the Anisong World Maturi tickets gone up yet for premier ticket holders or regulars?
>>
>>9025280
Ax is the bigger con.

I can't be racist : ^) im a minority.
>>
For the 1st time in 10 years I will not be able to make AX.
>>
>>9025284
They are going tomorrow at 6pm for regulars but idk about premier ticket holders.
>>
Did any of you anons with premiere passes get a code to get early access to purchasing like last year?
>>
http://www.anime-expo.org/anisong-world-matsuri-ticket-details/

those prices, wow. enjoy the rape.
>>
Time to be a belligerent asshole until I get the hotel I want!

Actually, more like, politely call every single day for cancellations.
>>
>>9025507
It's over $200 if you do most of the events.

Whoa
>>
File: 1400893442399.jpg (6 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1400893442399.jpg
6 KB, 150x150
>>9025507
This is probably a braindead question but how early before do you think you need to arrive to a ticketed event?
>>
>>9025518
over $200 not including a AX 4day pass.
naisu
>>
>>9025507
I've never bought tickets for concerts at AX before, how quickly do they sell out online and how is it to buy them at the con itself?
>>
>>9025539
looks like tickets go on sale online monday or tuesday. you can buy them at con too if they're not sold out. the microsoft theatre shows shouldn't sell out since the venue is hueg. maybe the novo shows will sell out.
>>
>>9025544
Okay cool, the only one I plan on going to is the Japan Super Live which is at the Microsoft Theater so I should be fine then.
>>
>>9025547
Last year for the momoclo concert in the same theater they sold tickets by sections, so if you want good seats you'll probably want to buy tickets when they go online.

https://www.microsofttheater.com/seating-map
>>
>>9025544
Do you think it's worth the extra $20 for orchestra seating?
>>
>>9025556
How terrible are the loge seats? Seriously debating going right now but not sure to go for orchestra or loge.
>>
>>9025507
First the premier price increase, now that.

W E W
>>
>>9025518
I'm glad it's all split up. All I want to do is the OPM event out of the entire bunch, so I wouldn't be wasting the rest of my ticket & I wouldn't have to compete against people who want to go to other events.
>>
What are the main event tickets?
Do the concerts count as a main event?

What other events are main events
>>
>>9025556
Whats the seating in the NOVO look like?
>>
>>9025606
4 major events
- Love Live!
- OPM
- Super Live (concert proper)
- Band Battle (split into 2 tickets, must buy both if you want to attend both sessions)

I'd say the Super Live is the "main" event of Anisong World Matsuri.
>>
>>9025646
Thanks a bunch! Makes sense now.
>>
>>9025614
much smaller club like venue.
general admission floor and seated balcony.

http://images2.laweekly.com/imager/bap-club-nokia-5-7-13/u/original/4252842/bap2.jpg

https://logofrhythm.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/clubnokia-pano1495-1501.jpg

http://static.ticketutils.com/Charts/IA/f68d9b41-ac94-4986-ba9e-f5591b8dfb81/WB/3_0_0.jpg
>>
For anyone here who's seen JAM Project live at this kind of event before, what do they usually play?
>>
I miss Club Nokia
>>
File: Pararescue patch.jpg (261 KB, 1000x988) Image search: [Google]
Pararescue patch.jpg
261 KB, 1000x988
Going as a cosplay medic doing free repairs for anyone who needs their costume or prop fixed. Had a previous thread a while back asking what kind of items to havein case I missed anything but thought I'd ask again. Been to 5 cons in the midwest but first time at Anime expo and first con in over 4 years so really looking forward to it.

1. Any suggestions for supplies or items to bring/have for repairs and general fixes that you've encountered before?

2. Anything to be weary of for AX?
>>
>>9026326
Safety pins would've saved my last costume (forced to wear at 80% completion) so much. Sock glue or quick fabric-to-fabric tape can also help people. If the person has like 10 minutes to spare to fix their costume, I would really recommend snaps and industry strength stick-on Velcro (only Velcro brand stuff, not the off-brands that don't work as well as Velcro's) to hold things together and in the right places.
>>
>>9026326
Be weary of creepy guys, if you're a girl. Be weary of 14 year old weeaboos, if you give them the right amount of attention and they'll be your shadow for the rest of the con.

Maybe as a cosplay medic you could have a bag of water bottles for dehydrated con-goers. It would be heavy but honestly they'd all be taken by people within 2 hours.
>>
>>9026326
pocket sewing machine
>>
>>9026326
I always bring superglue and clear packing tape, along with safety pins. That'd be a good start.
>>
>>9026326
maybe bring a hot glue gun?
>>
>>9026326
That seems like a great idea, anon. I just might try my hand at being a cosplay medic too.
>>
File: rengereaction.gif (271 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
rengereaction.gif
271 KB, 480x270
Are their any /cgl/, /jp/, etc. meet-ups formed or in the process of being formed right now? I know they're generally sausage fests & cringe as fuck but I have a morbid curiosity, and I'd like to drop in on one.
>>
>>9027451
whenever they happen I just look at them from afar while staying with my group of IRL friends
>>
>>9027451
Are they cringy sausage fests? Oh no, I was planning on going to one, but I don't want boys to creep on me if I'm one of like 2 girls. If there's more girls I can blend in and not get attention.
>>
>>9027521
wow someone is full of themselves
>>
>>9027524
>implying guys from /cgl/ aren't thirsty as fuck
>>
>>9027451
I'll go to one.
>>
>>9027451
I don't know if I'll go. I'll be with my boyfriend a majority of the time, and we're both too shy to interact with other people from 4chan.
>>
File: 1436001362196.jpg (480 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1436001362196.jpg
480 KB, 900x600
>>9027521
I've never been to one but I'd assume you'd probably get ogled at, maybe awkwardly flirted with, at most. It's not like you have to stick around either, though.

I'll be there if there is a meetup so at least ONE girl is going, heh. Maybe don't go alone, or even better go with a guy you are comfortable with.

>>9027546
>>9027549

Good to know folks are going. I'm super out of the loop in this community though so how tf am I supposed to find out who is hosting a meet-up?

>pic related, AX cgl meetup from last year (not my pic) looks cringe but also fun in a really weird, sad way.
>>
>>9027551
That looks cringey as hell. I think you just dissuaded me from going.
>>
File: image.jpg (314 KB, 1242x1242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
314 KB, 1242x1242
Also I was going to mention somewhere that I'm also a photographer and if anyone who doesn't usually get the photos taken nicely or are not used to cameras I could help them out and make them more comfortable with posing and such for a camera. Of course I'm not going to charge a dime (snacks and treats are always nice though) but I'm working with a $3k+ camera kit here and I can edit and photoshop the photos. (Photoshopping since I was around thirteen, am nineteen now) I know there are some people like myself that don't think they're "super mega kawaii boobs perfect muscles and body" I could make things easier for you and like I said, help you get used to a camera.
Just thought I'd throw that out there.
>>
File: 1361746545951.jpg (79 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1361746545951.jpg
79 KB, 960x640
>>9027555
This meetup pic from last year looks actually nice though. I think the smaller the group the less cringe (maybe?)

At least there are females in this pic, and they don't look absolutely miserable/scared.
>>
>>9027551
>>9027555
>>9027560
That looks fun to me. I'll be going for sure. The girls in that last photo seem to be having a good time so I'm sure I'll be fine.
>>
File: image.jpg (785 KB, 1256x1169) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
785 KB, 1256x1169
>>9027560
>so many males
I'm honestly surprised. Do they just come here because Lolita and cosplay is a fetish for them and they like to on look at our shinanagains or are they actually all interested in this sort of stuff..?
Excuse me if I'm being rude, but I've always seen Lolita as a girl thing, and Lolita is majority this board..
>>
Also news update on my boyfriend going as Makoto Tachibana. He looks great in just the pants but the wig and jacket arrived recently and when he put on the wig I laughed for about an hour.
>imagine coconut head
I don't know how to use a wig to style it, I'm assuming hair spray? Can you use hair straighteners on these wigs? It's just a cheap one from eBay.
I wish I had a pic everyone would be dying.
>>
>>9027570
I'm a girl, but I've been browsing this site for a few years and only recently started cosplaying. A lot of people don't take part in lolita or cosplay but just browse because it's anime related. I'm sure half the guys are there to get drunk & get laid, other half maybe to just have a good time and socialize.

Also I'd say this board is pretty evenly split lolita/cosplay.
>>
>>9027560
Oh shit I recognize that dude with the pink wig sitting in the middle. He posted his crossplay of Hibike Euphonium asking if he was cute.
>>
File: 1457045382872.jpg (45 KB, 504x561) Image search: [Google]
1457045382872.jpg
45 KB, 504x561
So is there going to be a cool after partys at the ritz?
>>
Got Bonaventure for the first time this year. How is that hotel? Are they gonna be super strict about wristbands?
>>
Anyone bought their tickets for the Anisong World Matsuri events yet? If so, which ones?
>>
Is anyone still looking for a place? If you're not a creeper and need roomies, we may have a spot open.
Email me if you want details.
>>
>>9027977
The hotel is good. Theres a few food options on the second(?) floor. And there's always the bar and restaurant. Its one of the more popualr AX hotel options. Rooms are clean and the view is fine on which side you end up with. Pool deck and the patio outside are spacious enough to host a lotmeet ups and hang outs.

Not sure about wristbands. They didnt use that system last year, though
>>
This will be my first year staffing at AX. Luckily I'm assigned to exhibit hall. If you see a derpy female Spiderman in a green staff vest that's me.
>>
>>9025507

this is such bullshit and then aqours's extra is just a damn poster lmfao. ax mentions a "special lottery" does that apply to the premier fans or
>>
File: tumblr_mtlcyrKr2r1sa9lruo2_500.jpg (332 KB, 500x709) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtlcyrKr2r1sa9lruo2_500.jpg
332 KB, 500x709
Is this a good con for a first time Anime con goer? Just moved to LA recently due to a job offer from Seattle.

I've done PAX Prime plenty of times.

Curious how AX is though, not a huge panel person, mostly a people watcher and shopping person.

Kind of wanna weeb out.
>>
File: 1439995377036.png (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1439995377036.png
1 MB, 1280x960
>>9030049

well, 2014 was my first ax con but im no stranger (danger) to anime conventions in general. in my experience, AX is probably best outside of panels unless you purchase the ticketed events.

i know i'll probably be mostly in the dealer's room and artist alley.
>>
>>9027570
I think lolita looks cute. I come here cuz i like cosplay though, and would like to do it, i have some characthers in mind and know how to sew. I ussaly stick to the cringe threads and cosplay threads in general, so i have a good idea what and what doesn't look good for future use.

And im pretty sure most of those come from diffrent boards, and leave after the con is done.

From my experince this is true

>>9027607

I went to Ala this year, its my first con, and my first cgl meetup, so im not too sure if its an accurate description, but the meetup was just a bunch of party weebs drinking. I didn't care dor it, but It wasn't cringey.

The dudes might try to get "laid" but they suck at it. Kind of humorus.

Still i met some nice people, hoping to meet them them again at Ax

>>9028767
Cool a fellow staffer, good luck.
>>
>>9010687
Of course you need an AX badge. They wouldn't let that opportunity for extra dollars pass up.
>>
File: little tokyo.jpg (115 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
little tokyo.jpg
115 KB, 580x435
Is there anything you recommend doing in Downtown LA? Do all the places close to the LACC become crowded?

Also, are there any places with japanese style karaoke in LA? I wanna look for a place to sing all those anime OPs before the concert.
>>
>>9030255
If you make it as far as little tokyo, Olvera Street is close and worth seeing. La Golondrina has great food there. The immediate LACC area is pretty uninspiring, though.
>>
>>9027970
Yup, 9ball and I plan to have some meetups/afterparties 2/3 of the nights. Fanime was pretty weak, so we are going to try to be extra fun at AX.
>>
>>9027555
>>9027570
CGL is a bit split right now. The regular con groups (older trips) tend to be majority male. The lolitas tend to stick together. And 9ball's group tends to just hang out with whoever wants to have fun and isn't cgl exclusive.
>>
>>9030255
Little Tokyo(the mall has karoke on the 3rd floor i believe?) Chinatown has Roy Choys famous Chego restaurant and other trendy eateries in the far east plaza. Id recommend going to the Broad, but i havent even been able to get in without waiting in line for long ass time.

Just walk down main and spring, honeslty. its dirty but theres a few cool spots to check out.

Also what this guys said>>9030265
>>
File: Cosplay Medic Bag Drag.jpg (3 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
Cosplay Medic Bag Drag.jpg
3 MB, 2592x1944
>>9026329
Thanks mate, pins and tape were highly recommended and I'll add Velcro to the list.

>>9027383
Won't have to worry about that, unless everyone's gender suddenly changes overnight. I'll have bottles of water for con goers (who really need it), including my canteen but I'll be fine I'm use to rucking 50+ lbs of gear for miles at a time.

>>9027399
Sadly not in the budget, sewing kit with extra gear, extra thread, and a fine eye for quality is what I'll have and it'll still better than nothing. I'm sure someone else or a cosplay repair station with one might be at AX anyway.

>>9027406
Already covered

>>9027422
Also Covered

>>9027439
Cool, good luck with getting everything together and hope you have fun mate. Maybe you can bring the sewing machine lol.

I've pretty much got my costume together now (Pic related), decided to go the Vietnam medic route with the patch attached and a sign on my pack (still working on the sign but it'll pretty much be like "Cosplay Medic Free Repairs"). I just need to sort out which tools to bring and their configuration. Same with material and how much to bring as well as do a few practice marches to get the feeling of everything. Really looking forward to this since its been so long. Even if no one needs my services I'll be happy to be there, and if anyone does need help at least then its one less person who had a crappy con. Any other advice or ideas on stuff to bring?
>>
>>9022251
>>9022940
God this just happened to me, a friend invited me to AX with them and then pretty much bailed on me because they made other plans. Now I gotta try to stop anxious and talk to people, or else this is about to be a lonely 4 days.

On another note I how bad of an idea would it be to bring my Judy Hopps to AX?
>>
>>9030387
>Any other advice or ideas on stuff to bring?
granola bars, maybe some emergency acrylic paints if you're really feeling ambitious, extra bags for people who need to carry swag or costume parts that are irreparably fucked.
>>
>>9030398
I've seen plenty some cosplayers cosplay at other cons as Judy Hopps at other anime conventions, so I don't think it'll be that big of a deal.
>>
>>9030405
I'm actually not too concerned with how popular it is, I'm just a little worried about the heat. I'm from a generally cool place so I'm not too sure on if Judy would be to warm for it.
>>
>>9030414
Oh, well from my understanding, it's hot as shit in LA. San Diego is pretty hot during these times too, so I can already imagine LA, might not be a good idea.
>>
>>9030414
It's gonna be a socal july, in the hottest year on record. Last year we had like a solid week of 105-110 degree heat, so you tell me.
>>
>>9030405

make sure your costume has breathable material and you're able to take it off if you really have to. bring the biggest water bottle you can afford as well to stay hydrated.

it gets cooler at night but day time - it can get pretty bad
>>
>>9030417
>>9030421
>>9030425
Ah gotcha, I never really visit Cali (much less go to a big con like AX) so I didn't know what to expect. Definitely not then.

Also going fuck it and adding my email as well if anyone wants to hang out. If it matters I'm probably doing Love Live and sports.
>>
>>9030439
What if I am a guy?
>>
Would it be out of place and stupid if i csoplayed david bowie?
>>
>>9030461

yes
>>
I am going alone as Nick Wilde. I was going to do Rei from Free but my red glasses aint coming.

I've been to AX since 05
>>
>>9030464
O-okay, guess I wont...
>>
I'm already committed to working a booth, so I'm kind of bummed that I'll be missing the concerts and stuff
>>
>>9030403
Thanks, didn't think about those, that'll come in handy.
>>
File: image.jpg (220 KB, 1916x1074) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220 KB, 1916x1074
Hey guys, my final hope at sharing a hotel room with my local weeb club has failed so I don't have anyone to share a room with. So I'm wondering if anyone has extra room in their room, I'm not creepy or weird and I'll have money to pay on the spot. I'm kind of desperate for a room since I won't be able to go to AX without a way to make a room cheaper and this would be my first con ever so I really want to go. Please send help
>>
>>9026326
Zap-A-Gap, either CA+ or Regular and Zip kicker, make sure it's in a hard case and you keep the Zip Kicker away from the Zap. It creates instant bonds that are about the strongest you can get from a super glue. I used to put Boat Decking/Trim on with it.

Another suggestion is a Leatherman with a Bit extender. I've fixed just about everything with mine, from computers to my cars radiator, to glasses and stripped wire with it. Best tool I've ever spent money on.

And you'll probably see me around Doc, I'll say hi. Good taste in Patches, check out Weapons Grade Waifus/2hu patch guy/Crimson Caravan/Kommando store for more Chan patch groups.
>>
File: MyJFu7p.jpg (86 KB, 454x248) Image search: [Google]
MyJFu7p.jpg
86 KB, 454x248
>>9030472
>>9030464
>>9030461
Don't listen to him. Live your dreams Ziggy.
>>
>>9030571
M8 you chose a large con for your first so I hope you know what you're getting in to.

Hmm screw it, willing to room 2 or 3 anons provided no one is going to complain about sleeping on the floor of a JW king suite.
>>
Been going since 2013, this year will be my first year cosplaying. It's pretty generic, but I'm gonna be Hatsune Miku.

I hope the weather was as good as it was last year. I remember 2014 being hell and 2015 was pretty good.
>>
File: 1382429147255.gif (622 KB, 245x210) Image search: [Google]
1382429147255.gif
622 KB, 245x210
>>9030065
Ahh, that's good to hear Anon!

I would be going alone too, but maybe I can meet up with some fellow seagulls at some point. I'm about 45 mins away, figured it won't be too bad of a drive if I want to go multiple days. I heard parking was actually OK for this con.
>>
>>9030387
Doing gods work m8

>>9030417
La is hotter than SD. Though this year it's been alot cooler than normal. Or it feels that way. High of 81f today.. but we will see
>>
>>9030417
>>9030439
Last year it wasn't really hot. I had to wear my jacket at night because it got pretty brisk. But i don't know about this year though.
>>
Quick question. Is it wrong to try and pick up girls at con?
>>
>>9031007
Not if you're being overbearing, creepy, or obsessive about it. Just don't do it to every single attractive girl you see
>>
>>9030439
Please don't say cali in California, it's gross. Only tourists call it that, it's not cute.

Weather can get really hot here but if you're indoors there will most likely be ac. When going outside avoid the hottest time of the day, drink lots of water (I keep a refillable bottle on me at all times!), and put on at least some sunscreen on your face and scalp, just in case. Like as long as you just stay hydrated and don't overextended yourself, you should be fine!
>>
First time going to AX here, 28 years old, going alone but I have friends who I'll probably see 5 minutes of at the con. What am I in for?
>>
>>9030846
Thanks, just being helpful. I've lived in all parts of the south for the past 4 summers now from coast to coast so I'm good with the heat. As long as I stick to the IDF practice of drinking 1.0 liter (1 canteen) an hour.
>>
>>9030596
Thanks! I'll see about adding those to the list. I'll stick to the PJ patch for my costume but I would like to see more patches.
>>
jealous fatties you guys suck your anime tastes are trash guys who browse /cgl/ are cucked red pill plebs

i want the cringiest guys fawkes masked edgelords and the frilliest tumblrinas to audition.

come to my panel, losers
>>
>>9031007
Don't expect to be successful. And if you're interested in gf-ing her too, think twice. If I'm at a con and I like a guy, and he tries to get in my pants after having known me 2 days, I cut contact.

But you should be able to get a con slut if you're friendly and attractive.
>>
I can't wait to see all the epic Undertale and One Punch Man cosplay.
>>
>>9031083
What's your panel?
>>
>>9030457
Go ahead and email me and we'll see how it works. I'm getting to know people first before arranging any meetup, so as long as you're not creepy or whatever I don't see why that'd be a problem.

>>9030461
I've seen weirder, just do whatever you want.

>>9030470
If you really wanted to do Rei have you thought about just buying cheap frames and painting it?

>>9030920
>>9031023
Gotcha, bring water, a light sweater and don't say Cali. I'm coming from somewhere with constant clouds and rain, so these were never really an issue. Thanks for all the tips!
>>
Holy crap went to register because I need to see that freaking concert with that awesome lineup and realized registration is now at 85$ . I am pretty sure that is a 30 or 40 dollar increase from last year.

FML
>>
Also, anyone have the premier code?
>>
>>9031096
I will be a Tatsumaki at the con.
>>
>>9031083
That was a pretty cringy post yourself buddy.
I'll be there.
>>
>>9031099

fanime sexpo's: final humorous duel
>>
>>9031169

marketing successful, see you there

..loser
>>
>>9031141
It was 45 for the 4day. Before jan 1st.

>>9031092
Thanks for the advice.
Nah i don't want a con slut. I'll follow your lead and cut off all contact if thats the case.

>>9031123
Meetups, i'm intrested.

Oh btw bring sunscreen.
Pfft just say hella alot, they'll think your from norcal
>>
Wearing a fursuit to AX. Good idea, bad idea, stories?
>>
>>9031476
Do it, you will be fine.
>>
>>9031142
They're unique to each person
>>
>>9031023
I mean, I say Cali but live in California. Don't get why it's such a big deal.
>>
Wearing my MAGA cap, will any fat weeaboo messes try to fuck with me?
>>
>>9031586
Some of them might and watch out for the illegals. But a lot of the Bernie supporters (including myself) are slowly moving over to Trump so you should be ok.
>>
>>9031586
Nice we need to hang. Remeber cali is filled with mexicans. Good job making people run to the safe spaces
>>
>>9031590
Wow, you are a traitor. Does it feel good knowing you are supporting the worst person on the planet?

Geez, you never felt the bern to begin with.

>>9031184
I like you, let's be friends.
>>
>>9031610
If Bernie can somehow win the nomination I'll stick with him, but that's looking really unlikely. I don't think Trump is amazing or anything, I just think he's ok. I just hate Hillary with a passion, she's one of the worst people on the planet. Now if you excuse me I'll fuck off back to /pol/
>>
I made a kik for AX to try and make friends: aliceonalert

Bernie cucks need not apply.
>>
>>9010632

did you guys get your tickets yet for aqours (god this name is fucking with me) or any of the events?
>>
>>9031662
>Bernie cucks need not apply.
well, alright then
>>
>>9030843
It's okay I'm going alone to this AX too. Luckily there's enough to do in the con center and enough people there that if you're wandering alone you don't look weird. You can spend hours in the dealer's hall alone.
>>
>>9030843

yeah! im excited to go~ i'm going to be traveling with local anime club but im gonna be a lone gull unless my friends hang out for the majority of the time~
>>
>>9030667
Still have room for one more person for a JW King Suite. Check in is on the 1st and out on the 4th. Just a room of four is what I'm going for.
>>
>>9031693
I was going to get an OPM ticket but after some consideration, $35-$45 is not worth waiting ~2 hours before the start of a 1.5hr-long panel, that seat surrounded by gross fangirls/boys for very predictable panel self-introduction, series introduction, some PowerPoint slides about things everyone already knows, a short clip or two, JAM PROJECT playing the OP live, a very short Q&A inevitably slowed by double-translation, and all compounded by the fact that I'm really short and won't see anything.
>>
>>9031662
Make a kik group for ax plz.
>>
>>9031555
were you born in California? the only people I've met who don't think it's weird aren't originally from here. it's just kind of unnecessary and uncool. it's not like any other states get their names shortened.
>>
>>9031879
Yeah I was born in Cali. I dunno it could be because I don't really like this state or something.
>>
>>9031828
This honestly. If they had said Murata Yuusuke or ONE being one of the participants then maybe but I highly doubt what they could do on stage. Just seems like a One Song Man then an infomercial with the director and voice actor.
>>
>>9031693
Who actually goes to Idol events?
I see a ton of girls cosplaying anime idols but have only notice that the ratio at the events are 90% guys.
>>
>>9031476
>during LA summer weather in an over capacity convention
What could possibly go wrong?
Except for the fact that you're a fucking degenerate.
>>
>>9031476
Good idea, just make sure you crawl into one of the Safe Zones immediately and stay there.
>>
>>9031879
I was born here. If you are bothered by Cali vs California then you need to recheck your priorities in life.
>>
>>9031828

ugh i feel this. honestly i'm going to the aqours event mostly for the raffle lottery (doubt there's going to be anything BUT posters there but whatever - i wanted to see aqours and there's no way in hell i'm going to be able to get in the concert).

>>9031911

those girls are casual fucks - though i do think there might be more women in this event since love live! in general seems to be more popular with women (at least on the western side of things).
>>
There's no way AX can be as bad as Fanime was this year, right?
>>
>>9031995

dont jinx it
>>
I only go to Anime Expo to laugh at weeaboo losers. You're all degenerates.
>>
Going alone, I hear it's the best way too meet new people. Hoping to meet alot of new people.

>>9022628
>>9022725

Ah i can't tell if same person or not.

>>9022940
The more the merrier!

>>9032010
T..thanks hope we can hangout regardless.

>>9031916
Uh that doesn't sound good...

>>9031586
I'll look out for you, I'll say hi if i see you. Hopefully your the only one wearing it that day.
>>
File: 1401150177939.jpg (270 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1401150177939.jpg
270 KB, 500x500
Question!
This is my first time going for all 4 days. I still haven't booked a hotel room and i'm going to be rooming it with my friend. I saw some cheat hotels for 120 dollars. Now my question is, is this per night or is it for all 4 days?
>>
>>9032060
99% sure it's per night unless it's some really sketchy shit that isn't really a hotel.

Which hotel is it?
>>
>>9032060
I'm just going to say per night. That sounds way too cheap. Source: I looked up hotels recently
>>
>>9031586
Not when you're in a group. I'm going as Trump-chan so your good
>>
>>9032010
Atleast you notice me.
>>
Anyone a Premier fan and able to see how fast the Super Live seat are selling (or not selling)?

Also how AX handled the whole YPP was ham-handed, but this conversation stream is a new level of entitled manchild fan
>https://twitter.com/AnimeExpo/status/736740890337673217
>>
>tfw not attractive but not unattractive
I just want to get this virginity thing over with, honestly
>>
File: 1455352742254.gif (993 KB, 490x375) Image search: [Google]
1455352742254.gif
993 KB, 490x375
Question for anyone who has stayed at the JW Marriot or the Ritz

How far did you have to walk to get into the convention center? I was wondering if you could just go up the convention center stairs and enter through the west hall?
>>
>>9032184
You worry wayyy too much about it m8.
It'll happen when it happens. Don't force it you'll only regret it.
>>
>>9031995

What was so bad about Fanime besides the return of linecon?
>>
>>9032144
>Anyone a Premier fan and able to see how fast the Super Live seat are selling (or not selling)?
I'd like to know this too.
>>
>Thoughts on the latest news and announcements?
Hyper excited about all of Anisong's guests. Though, sadly can't make it to any of them since I have a ton of stuff going on.

>What are you cosplaying?
A ton of stuff. Cardcaptor Sakura, Touken Ranbu, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, Love Live, and Bungou Stray Dogs.

>How many years have you been going?
Been going 9. I ended up not going last year because a ton of stuff prevented myself and my group to not go.

I'm just really excited to meet up with old friends I haven't seen for a while, and make new friends.
>>
>>9032184
breh what this anon said>>9032201
I lost mine at 16 but my cousin, who im very close too didnt loose it till 24 and her never gave a shit or talked to me about it. Now he has a gf and is fucking on the regular.

If you think AX is gonna be the answer then youre in the wrong mentality.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.