[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Body types
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (270 KB, 924x1332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
270 KB, 924x1332
Should cosplayers stick to characters their own body types? Pic relates for example is a good reason why cosplayers should be shamed for not cosplaying their body.
>>
>>8997661
Did you pick the wrong picture?
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 310x562) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 310x562
>>8997667
Nope. Pic related is Mystique.
>>
>>8997661
So basically no one should ever cosplay a comic book/anime characters because most have inhuman body proportions? Mystique has like a 20'' waist and a 45'' bust.

Okay anon.
>>
>>8997661
If it's some ~sexy~ cosplay like kamui Ryuko you shouldn't cosplay if you're a fatty
If you're like rail-skinny and have no hips you shouldn't cosplay Rose Quartz not because of muh fatphobias but just simply because it won't look right

Other than oddly specific shit like these if the costume is good I won't care if a fatty or anorexic or whatever is cosplaying something
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
>>8997661
I know this is some moronic bait, but you really could do a better job.
>>
>>8997693
Looking proportionate is possible without having exact proportions. Girl in OP would look much better if she had a smaller waist.
>>
>>8997677
>Pic related is a good reason why we need to raise our voices for more realistic female bodies in comic books.
>>
>>8997661
I don't give a shit.

Cosplay is about having fun and making cool costumes. I don't get butthurt because someone doesn't have 1:1 measurements with the source character. Don't even give a shit if a 300+ black man cosplays Mini Moon.
>>
There's no need for shame.

People who look the best and most accurate will get the most positive attention. People who look inaccurate or bad won't.

It works out naturally.
>>
>>8997677
This is some really poorly done vendetta. She's clearly not even cosplaying that version of Mystique, and Mystique's bust/waist/hip proportions have never been an integral part of her character's physical appearance, it's kind of been overshadowed by, you know, the BLUE SKIN.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (88 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
88 KB, 640x960
>>8997661
Do you also complain about Jessica Nigri being obviously too busty to cosplay Rikku?
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 454x610) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 454x610
>>8997737
Because male body image is not just as, if not more unrealistic.
>>
>>8997760
>Pic related is a good reason why we need to raise our voices for more realistic male bodies in comic books.
>>
>>8997761
You don't believe that. Even Fatty McGoos think they deserve a rich, hung beefcake like that pic.
>>
File: anatomy.jpg (437 KB, 1100x323) Image search: [Google]
anatomy.jpg
437 KB, 1100x323
>>8997760
All Liefeld art is shit, though. Doesn't mean men are portrayed as unnaturally as often as women just because one artist draws both horribly.
>>
>>8997661
The only thing to really complain about is when people don't dress according to their body type. If your body type is very different to the character you want to cosplay, then modify the cosplay to compliment your body type. Don't force yourself into a costume that doesn't fit right.
>>
>>8997770
>>8997770
Comics are about entertainment and escapism. Why should it actually represent reality?
>>
>>8997777
I'm not the original poster, I just posted in response to the "what about the mennnnn" poster acting like Liefeld art represents anything except for shit.
>>
>>8997770
can't we just agree that in some cases both men and women are portrayed unrealistically and some people self insert and others get sad and insecure. like, i'm a girl and it goes both ways. people insecure about their bodies will feel bad about any representations that look better than them. women just are more vocal about it since it's been going on more historically. but it still exists both ways. then again, i also think that to stop market saturation we need to create more content rather than remove it.
>>
File: disgusting.png (393 KB, 455x604) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
393 KB, 455x604
>>8997777
>>8997789
I wouldn't mind seeing both women and men with varying body types like a short, petite heroine or a toned, but not overly muscular hero, but I hate when a character's design is obvious tumblr pandering like the redesigned squirrel girl.

>i also think that to stop market saturation we need to create more content rather than remove it
yes this! people always complain and think that we need to censor content that they don't like but they never think about creating content that they would like.
>>
If we had to stick to characters with our bodytypes, barely no one would cosplay.

To cosplay average comics you'd need either the biggest boobs and ass ever with barely no muscles whatsoever and thinnest waist ever seen OR being a musclebeast while managing to stay proportionate.

To cosplay average manga you'd need a head as large as your whole torso, eyes wide as fuck, being extremely thin or having muscles WHILE being extremely thin and most of the time, not being anything but white.

Who cares.
>>
File: dat gut.jpg (588 KB, 868x1300) Image search: [Google]
dat gut.jpg
588 KB, 868x1300
>>8997808
what the fuck are you saying? op isn't saying that we all need to look like real life anime or some shit. they're asking if we think that thin folks should only cosplay thin folks etc.

>>8997661
just like everyone else in this thread, i don't mind if people cosplay outside of their body types so long as it's flattering. pic related is a no from me.
>>
>>8997798
That looks more like XXY intersex person.

I would really like to see more characters like Korra and the like, if you gonna be fighting bad guys you need at least some muscle to move around.
>>
>>8997777
It wouldn't matter about whether it represented reality or not if things like being told you can't cosplay a character without having their exact and unrealistic proportions didn't come up.
>>
>>8997812
See >>8997677. Pretty sure they're just baiting.
>>
I don't care who wears what. If a fat person wants to cosplay in skimpy outfit, whatever, they're not affecting me in any way. Only when you crossplay should you bind or pad. I'm pretty flat chested, so i wear pushup bras and pad my bras if the character is busty. But if you don't want to, that's cool too.
>>
>>8997789
Unrealistic on both sides yes but the women are usually just done up like that to look sexier not stronger. When people complain about the portrayed of women in comics dudes like to counter with how men are unrealistic too but it's not like they're posed in sexually suggestive ways. It happens but it's rare compared to common bombshells like Starfire, Power girl and Spiderwoman

Seems OT but OP is basically complaining that a girl doesn't have boobs that will please his man timgles. Probably the same guy that said that God Eater girl didn't have an hour glass

And then when girls pad out guys complain about their bras being full of lies. Can't win
>>
>>8997812
Momo gtfo
>>
>>8997754
Also, she's a fucking shapeshifter. She very well COULD look that way if she wanted to.
Why would a person who has the ability to look however they want settle for anything less than perfect? If this is a vendetta it's poorly done. Choose literally any other type of character and maybe it'll work. But no
>>
>>8998157
>but the women are usually just done up like that to look sexier not stronger.
You just explained my argument, comics reinforce strict gender roles for -both- genders.
Men and women are different and expected to be by society. Men are expected to be strong and muscular, and women are expected to be sexy, thin and curvy. It represents both sides of what's expected. I think the fact that comics promote strict gender roles is the problem. I'd have no problem seeing skinny sexy men and buff amazonian women but we don't see that.
>>
>>8997667
No. What, are you 14 and still in highschool? Do you get your social skills from Mean Girls? Who the fuck even cares? It's dressing up as fictional characters for fun. Dress however the fuck you want. Stop pissing in other people's cheerios.
>>
>>8998242

/cgl/ in a nutshell: "YOU'RE TOO FAT, WHY DON'T YOU LOOK LIKE AN ANIME?!"

*PHOTOSHOPS TO LOOK LIKE ANIME*

"THAT'S FAKE AND ANIME IS REAL WHY DON'T YOU LOOK LIKE REAL"

/cgl/ is cancer
>>
>>8997677
They were clearly doing the movie version you dummy
>>
>>8997737
>fat as fuck fatty girl detected
no thanks, maybe you should just lose some weight?
>>
>>8997758
>Jessica Nigri being obviously too busty to cosplay Rikku?

No, but I do in her being too white.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.