[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cosplay Medic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: s-l225.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
Decided to be a "Cosplay Medic" for my next con. I fix/build shit all the time and wanted to utilize my talents at my next costume and fix peoples costumes, no charge. I love cons, but it only takes 1 wardrobe malfunction, or a faulty wire to ruin someones costume and ruin their fun. I want to make sure people have a good time and not worry about their costume or prop faltering.

Main question: What sort of costume issues do ya'll deal with during cons? torn fabric, broken pieces, things not working as advertised? what kind of costume or prop issues have ya'll have in the past so I can be prepared?
>>
>>8939768
I've rushed to the cosplay medics at cons I've gone to to use their hot glue guns to fix some armor. They had the high temp one so it went fast. Safety pins and bobby pins and hair ties. Super glue. One person next to me used one of those glasses repair kits for something. Those little sewing kits. For makeup probably sealers and powders. A lot of tape (masking/garment/duct). Scissors.

Cosplay Medics are the true heroes.
>>
Glue of all kinds. It'd be cute to get a bandoleer and stick all sorts of different glue bottles in there. Hairspray or got2b for wigs are also a quick, easy thing to have on hand.

Also, I hope that image is just a stock thing you found and not what you're really wearing.... something about it just screams "sexy nurse" as opposed to someone fixing cosplays out of the goodness of their heart.
>>
File: captain-patch-it-cosplay-03.jpg (228 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
captain-patch-it-cosplay-03.jpg
228 KB, 700x700
>>8939768
This is Captain Patch-It's gear. He's an awesome medic from Australia. The bandoleer comment reminded me of him.
>>
>>8939768
buttons coming loose, losing a pin accidentally, bit of thread coming out. Those are my top 3.
>>
TAPE!!!! I saw so many post last weekend from a con asking for tape. I'll be bringing some along with me to the next con.

I like Gorilla tape personally but I'll also bring some double sided and electrical as well.
>>
>>8939768
Oh look, another one of these attention whores.

The fucking "cosplay medic" trend needs to end. I'm tired of you fuckers clogging up the halls blocking people while you wait for your hot glue guns to warm up or whatever fuckery you are fixing. If you were legit trying to help someone, go to a room. You are using this shit as a social crutch to pretend you are a fucking hero while you shit on everyone else disrupting their day say you can get that asspat you so desperately need.
>>
Mostly glue, but safety pins, bobby pins, fashion tape, and a needle and thread have all come in handy for me.
>>
Popping in to say that I've only run across a cosplay medic at a con once before, and luckily it happened when I desperately needed super glue (E6000 wasn't strong enough to prevent a slender part of a prop from snapping off). She gave me a teensy single-use bottle of super glue and vanished from my life. Still eternally grateful for her.

For suggestions;
- Scissors - countless times I've looked down at a hem or seam and noticed a single hanging thread that would haunt me for the rest of the day.
- Glues, of course - especially those single-use glues, so that the cosplayer can glue and go (I'd caught my medic on the way out of a panel, and we were headed different directions)
- Needle and thread
- Bandages (for uncomfortable shoes)

It also helps to have your items visibly listed somewhere. Cosplayers might be too shy to approach with the risk they accidentally ask for something you don't have.
>>
File: WINGS paras.png (63 KB, 1000x571) Image search: [Google]
WINGS paras.png
63 KB, 1000x571
>>8944709
>>8940695
>>8940687
>>8940291
>>8940270
>>8940214
>>8940201
Op here. Thanks for the helpful input. I have a feeling this thread will be taken down soon but wanted to say thanks for the advice so I can be ready for whatever people run into. "Utrinque Paratus"
>>
File: captcha.jpg (91 KB, 403x608) Image search: [Google]
captcha.jpg
91 KB, 403x608
>>8940214
thatsthejoke
it's a combat medic thing

oh captcha you so silly
>>
>>8940692
Jesus fucking Christmas anon chill
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.