[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arda's Iron Wig Round 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: ironwig1.jpg (100 KB, 1000x514) Image search: [Google]
ironwig1.jpg
100 KB, 1000x514
It looks like they've already dropped for 4 entries. Did that many people voluntarily leave already?
>>
File: revy.jpg (68 KB, 1000x354) Image search: [Google]
revy.jpg
68 KB, 1000x354
>>8906199
>>
I know that the girl from UP Cosplay had a family loss in the last few weeks, so I think she probably dropped out for a very understandable reason.

It's too bad since she was doing really good stuff.
>>
File: fallenwings.jpg (141 KB, 1000x604) Image search: [Google]
fallenwings.jpg
141 KB, 1000x604
>>8906201
>>
File: toki mmmc.jpg (128 KB, 949x960) Image search: [Google]
toki mmmc.jpg
128 KB, 949x960
>>8906207
>>
my initial thought was that OP looked a lot like that blue gun pomp thing, but on a closer look it's pretty dang awesome.
>>
>>8906210
all 4 entries from this round look really good, although I like Toki's the most. It's kind of simple and clean, but goes for more "modern" than period inspired

>>8906205
Oh wow that sucks, definitely understandable why she'd drop
>>
>>8906209
I really like this one, except for that one weird straight/crinkled part on the back left that's hanging down.
>>
>>8906201
Of course. A boat. How original.
>>
They just uploaded Jak's entry, I wonder why they were late?
>>
>>8906207
I do not like this at all and I can't put my finger on exactly why.
>>
>>8906215
>>8906250
This one >>8906209 is my favorite too but I'm worried the curls in the back will knock off some points.

None of this round sticks out as straight up awful, like we usually have, so that's nice!
>>
>>8906336
i feel like this is playing it too safe?
>>
>>8906205
Arda announced that she'll be back for round three. I'm glad she decided to stick it out.

>>8906199
My favorite. All of them are really clean and lovely, but I love how off the wall this one is.

>>8906336
Jak really needs to step up her game. Both of her wigs so far have been very simple.
>>
>>8906343
I think the hairline is the issue? It looks like the wig is folding over her face.
>>
>>8906347
It is, it's nothing but vertical curls. Impressive on its own, maybe, but not compared to the other contestants.

>>8906343
It looks kind of uncanny, if that was applicable to wigs. Like a sheer wall of hair bordered with curls.
>>
>>8906205
Yeah her mother passed unexpectedly so she used her immunity this week and promises to return for round three.
>>
>>8906201
The side view is really nice on this one, too bad the lighting is terrible. They shouldn't take photos so close the wall because the shadows are distracting
>>
What is this? Do they style with glue or use actual hair gels and pomades
>>
>>8906250
It does look odd. I think its meant to be like melting ice cream though, maybe?
>>
>>8906470
That was my thought as well.
>>
>>8906343
It's too stiff. She was going for what >>8906336
and >>8906201 have accomplished pretty darn well, and got a conehead cover instead. The hairline is also too much of a semi-circle and doesn't match the way hair naturally grows, so it looks extra weird.

TL;DR: It's like she made a hat of hair instead of styling a wig.

I honestly think >>8906209 is the most creative of the batch. I just wish the "melting" curls in back were as tidy as the ones on the temple for the sake of consistency.
>>
>>8906478
No revenge posts please.
>>
>>8906199
I wish this one looked less crunchy, it looks like I could snap pieces off, but it's really creative
>>
>>8906209
am I the only one looking at this and thinking about the pink poop from dr. slump?
>>
>>8906199
That pomp tho
>>
>>8906343
I feel like the middle part is off.
Too long with jut straight hair. That is what makes it look weird to me
>>
>>8906349
>>8906369

I'm glad to hear that! I'm looking forward to seeing her work.
>>
Voting is up~

https://tradablebits.com/tb_app/434894
>>
>>8906336
This is so beautiful. For people saying this is playing it safe, I think this is better compared to the people throwing so many details into the piece that it looks messy whereas this looks more uniform. Making wigs like these aren't easy. 'Simple' when talking about period type wigs makes me laugh.
>>
>>8911880
why aren't all of them available for voting?
>>
>>8912171
I /think/ Jak submitted her's late, so she was disqualified from the audience vote.
>>
>>8906199
I think this one is my favorite, since I've never seen anything like it. It feels creative and seems difficult as fuck to do.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.