[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /cgl/, complete newfag here. I'm planning on making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: livecast.jpg (15 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
livecast.jpg
15 KB, 320x320
Hey /cgl/, complete newfag here.
I'm planning on making my first cosplay and I'm planning on making it on Arkham Knight's Scarecrow.
A friend that has been doing coplay for a while told me about a couple of people that make props where I live but I want to experience of making everything myself, even if I have minor experience with modelling from school.

This brings my question, I'm planning on making a livecast of myself for this endeavor and if I enjoy cosplaying, to have something to start working into.
Do I have to make casts for every cosplay I intend or one is enough? Is it possible to remove clay from those casts or do I have to make a new one after I put clay on it for some latex prosthetics?.
Any advice to a complete newbie on this? My next idea is making a Controller from STALKER series.
>>
>>8904770
Do your lifecast in an ultracal clay and layer it in with burlap to give it strength. My lifecast is around 6 years old and still going strong. When removing clay just use a wooden tool.
>>
>>8904770
>>8893850
>>
>>8904770
*ultracal stone not clay. And make sure to sculpt with a non sulfur clay like Chavant NSP if you want an easy cleanup.
>>
>>8904777
Don't bother. OP will get all the help he needs here.
>>
>>8904775
>>8904777
>>8904780
Thank you.

>>8904781
Thanks for your concern, I really want to try to make the mask to see if I have the "wood" to be into this. I also plan to take my time to do things good.
>>
>>8904787
Practice makes perfect. The more you sculpt the better you will get. I would highly recommend picking up some anatomy books and just play with the clay and make simple forms.
>>
>>8904790
Thank you. If this project is still alive after I start college I'll keep asking questions and asking for feedback (If it isn't against the rules of the board). Now I need to fly to the kitchen.
Thanks for your support!
(Sometimes I forget there's friendly boards in this site, lol)
>>
>>8904793
As long as you stay in the cosplay threads, you'll be fine. Lolitas are mentally retarded and will bitch at anyone who's even slightly imperfect.
>>
>>8904793
If you ever need any help Walridercosplay on facebook is my tag. I've been sculpting for a long time so I can give pointers along the way.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.