[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Under-cosplayed outfits of popular/over-cosplayed characters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10
Alright, I thought this subject would be interesting. What are some alternates of popular characters that nobody seems to cosplay for some reason? My example is the plethora of cute Madoka outfits that are ignored in favor of their magical girl ones. Anything goes, I'm just interested in seeing more cases like this.
>>
every dave strider outfit that isnt his red raglan (which gets confused for his starting outfit way too many times), god tier, or felt duds suit
>>
>>8863003
In your case, your pic is a collab between a Japanese fashion brand & the Madoka franchise. It serves not much meaning to the series itself. Hence it is understandable that not much people does costume out of it.

Staying on the topic, any Vocaloid outfits in Project Diva franchise. There's so many songs to pick with a variety of costumes specially designed for the songs. The default versions are so overdone, might as well pick a cute costume from a nice PV.
>>
>>8863030
Oh yeah, the collab picture was the only thing I have on my phone but I meant the cute card outfits that're laying around too -- you'd think with all the fandesigns floating around people would indulge in more official stuff.

Good point though, you don't really see any vocaloid cosplayers that aren't just the same couple outfits.
>>
>>8863039
Ah that make sense. The card designs or even the figurine ones are quite nice really.

Same case here, it's from an official game. You would have thought that more people will go for the designs.
>>
File: 2554-1770094659.jpg (25 KB, 469x291) Image search: [Google]
2554-1770094659.jpg
25 KB, 469x291
>>
>>8863030
I just recently rekindled my love for Project Diva, but thankfully the Miku variants are still easily recognizable.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 262x646) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 262x646
>>
I've thought about this a lot, and I wonder if people choose default outfits because they are the most recognizable?

A character like Miku Hatsune has that tell-tale hair that will give her away, but I wonder about other characters. Like how Hetalia cosplayers always opt for the main outfit and never, ever dabble into the vaults of history beyond the pirate outfits.
>>
File: 9Zy3Khb.jpg (872 KB, 1280x4500) Image search: [Google]
9Zy3Khb.jpg
872 KB, 1280x4500
Personally I'm fond of stuff like pic related- more casual and cute outfits. But I think the issue with them is that unless you do a group, people assume that you're doing a bad closet cosplay. In general, it just seems that closet cosplays are frowned upon.

Unless you have a character like usagi (sailor moon) or miku, people are probably going to take you as a casual.
>>
File: Hagane.Miku.full.278997.jpg (524 KB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
Hagane.Miku.full.278997.jpg
524 KB, 848x1200
I want to see these Miku variants. I mean, they've appeared in quite a few videos, they have their own tags on Nico... Why no cosplays?
>>
File: 1435596855206.png (17 KB, 328x215) Image search: [Google]
1435596855206.png
17 KB, 328x215
>>8863266
Pretty much everyone hates that series though unfortunatly
>>
File: Card_Captor_Sakura_203.jpg (305 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Card_Captor_Sakura_203.jpg
305 KB, 1024x768
>>8863003
eternally pissed off over this. she has so many great outfits and theres SO much dedication to outfits and this is what gets cosplayed 90% of the time. She never even wears it.
>>
>>8863003
All the cute Madoka outfits sometimes make me wish my husband was a woman so we could be cute together.
>>
>>8870136
>ur pic is a collab between a Japanese fashion brand & the Madoka franchise. It serves not much meaning to the series itself. Hence it is understandable that not much people does costume out of it.

I've never seen them.. which videos are they in? linku? pls
>>
>>8870148

Are you me? It irritates me so much that out of everything within the series and the artbooks, its always this and the third OP dress that gets done. Have some imagination people!
>>
File: ccs003.jpg (374 KB, 904x1200) Image search: [Google]
ccs003.jpg
374 KB, 904x1200
>>8870199
I was planning on doing the red dress as well, after looking through the art books I really like it most but it maybe nostalgia kicking in from the opening theme. It is kind of a shame though, as Sakura has so many fantastic outfits. I usually cosplay Tomoyo though so I may never do it anyways.

Pic related is another favourite.
>>
File: 1427179908469.jpg (462 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1427179908469.jpg
462 KB, 1920x1200
>>8870135
I like a lot of casual outfits as well from Love Live, as well as K-On. Unless you have a group I agree it can look kind of closet cosplayish, if you look cute though I don't really think it's a bad thing. You know you're canon, anyone has an issue that's their problem.
>>
I like how Star Butterfly has a number of outfits to choose from, and I'd love to see people cosplaying with them.
>>
Any kirito variant that isn't SAO
Apart from a few GGO outfits almost nobody does any of the others

I have only ever seen one ALO and one KOTBO

Maybe because the original is easy and cheap but still, I wish people would try to stand out at least a bit
>>
>>8870165
Heres their online store
>http://crosscollection.com/ap/s/s?fq=bd:CC010&fq=sbd:CC52001&sort=fsdt+desc&fq=scls:n_*&utm_source=tumblr&utm_medium=emae-jp&utm_campaign=tumblr_emae_jp_131101&aid=20131101

Current crossovers are CCS and Free I think.
>>
>>8863030
>tfw cosplayed mikus magical mirai module to a convention last year and had a lot of people ask who i was dressed as
>tfw friend did her red hood module which was one of her most popular outfits and also had a lot of people ask who she was dressed as too

I love Vocaloid so much and the fact that it's pretty much being killed by stuff like Love Live is really depressing
>>
>>8870135
I have three of those cards and they're so lovely. I wish I had the outfits myself.
>>
>>8870148
THIS FFS

SHE HAS ABOUT 60 DIFFERENT OUTFITS AND THEY ALL CHOOSE THIS ONE

WHICH IS ONLY IN ONE OF THE OPENINGS
>>
>>8871768
I don't think that's even the fault of aidoru games, that sounds more like the fault of casuals plaguing conventions. Like, damn. Those stories are just sad. I mean, I'm not even the biggest Vocaloid fan and I'd recognize those as Miku
>>
>>8870135
I actually am impressed with decent/accurate closet cosplays. The simpler a cosplay is, the harder it is to really pull off. For example, the details in the jewelry and accessories alone for the first two characters will be hard to replicate exactly. The blonde looks the easiest, probably the last girl, the cat girl and the top two will be the hardest.
Wigs will also make or break the cosplay.
>>
>>8870135
If you showed up dressed like this I wouldn't assume you were doing closet cosplay, I wouldn't think you were doing cosplay at all. Just a fashionable girl.
>>
>>8870266
I love art book cosplays so much.
>>
>>8870342
i want to cosplay literally all of her outfits. i only ever see people doing the light blue dress i don't know why they're all so good!! i'm definitely doing her rainbow stripe dress, i also really want to do her blood moon ball gown and her mewberty design. i'll probably do her princess gown and st olga's disguise at some point too
>>
>>8871626
Currently on progress with Progressive Asuna & my partner is doing Kirito in his Progressive outfit (Coat of Midnight wirh Anneal Blade) Love the arc and hopefully it provides a different variant to the otherwise overdone characters.

Kirito's Alicization outfits provide a lot of options too, he has at least 3 outfits in there. But it's currently still in novel form, it will have an outbreak when it is animated I suppose...
>>
>>8863003
Funny question but do outfits marketed as fashion wear count as cosplay?
>>
>>8871835
To be fair it is the most iconic outfit, hell the GSC nendo that's sitting on my desk has her wearing it.
>>
>>8870148
>>8870199
>>8871835
How about if they call it "Card Captors"
>>
>>8872432
>>8871768
Reminds me of how I cosplayed Fraulein Luka at a con last year, hoping I'd be recognised since it's one of the most well known Project Diva outfits and quite popular in Japan. Not even the (regular) Vocaloid cosplayers knew it was Luka. I get that a lot of anime characters have pink hair but c'mon, do a little research or something.
>>
>>8878422
Saaaame. I have a few planned, myself.

>>8879167
I would . . . politely correct them. :^)

I'm sure you were expecting a dank maymay rage pepe response but it's not a big deal if some poor soul has only seen the old eng dub.
>>
>>8870342
I'm actually doing the St. Olga's outfit! My roommate is my Princess Marco.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.