[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weird International Crafting Materials
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
This mainly started because I was watching a tutorial that used this stuff. Badly translating the Portuguese it looks like just super glue, but the girl was putting her hands right in it without getting stuck. Is it like E600?

Similar strange international crafting materials thread. Plastimake was everywhere in Australia, but if you tried to find freezer paper to make transfers it was a fool's errand.
>>
There's this Japanese cosplayer who seals all his props with this odd yellow glue that he waters down with solvent...
>>
Does anyone know if Frog Juice from that tumblr post really works?
>>
>>8841405
It just says 'rubber, plastics, cork, ceramics and metals'. I assume that because it doesn't say 'skin, fingernails' that the girl thought it was safe to shove hands into.
On their website it says that this specific glue is a cyanoacrylate and that it's recommended for flexible surfaces. It also says that starts to cure as soon as a thin layer is applied, and that it glues skin and eyes in seconds.
Tl;dr that girl is either a fucking idiot or she really, really doesn't like her hands.
>>
>>8841496
Have a link? Yellow glue makes me think either contact cement or wood glue.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1454330847280.jpg (52 KB, 1178x540) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1454330847280.jpg
52 KB, 1178x540
There's this new thermoplastic whose makers, following the worbla marketing techniques, have sent samples to famous European cosplayers without revealing its name. Apparently it's supposed to remove the need for shitloads of primer worbla has.
>>
>>8842192
See, that's what I thought? She uses it on foam and then dremels it down on the edges and it looks pretty great. It looks like she barely has to touch it for it to stick, which would be great, but holy shit, I do not want to glue my hands together.

>>8842349
Dammit, please. That is the only thing that stops me from wanting to use worbla.
>>
OT, but
never put E6000 directly on your skin, and work with it in a well ventilated area. Shit is awesome, but it'll gives you cancer.
>>
>>8842192
If that's like the rubber-cyanocrilate stuff like Ceys, it actually glues flexible stuff like leather without making it brittle, and yes, it holds to your skin, but it dries in few seconds (so no gluefingers), and you can safely remove it from the skin afterwards with a semi-hard brush and/or a little glue solvent, because it bonds to itself more strongly than it does to living flesh (dead leather is another matter) so you can just peel it off like Elmers' glue.

Just give it a try.

As long as you don't touch your eyes or mouth, or at least as long as you videotape it.
>>
>>8842416
I just bought a small sheet to try it out, I have some sabatons to make and if I can avoid using worbla I'd be glad.
>>
desu
>>
>>8842204
http://www.gyakuyoga.com/cosgijutu/raion-tosoubondog17-En.html#gbondtosou
>>
>>8842801
Yeah, that looks like contact cement. Not sure what the difference is with rubber cement, which is what I got after Googling that brand.
>>
>>8842859
They're the same, different places seem to have different names for it. It's called contact cement here in the UK

>>8842349
Is it Thibra?
>>
>>8843729
It is, the name was leaked a week ago but we only had confirmation yesterday. I should get mine by Monday, I'll see with my own eyes of it's deserving the hype.
>>
>>8843801
*if it's
>>
>>8842472
If that's the case it's a relief. There are so many idiot weebs who think that cosplay makes them immune to dangerous materials that I thought OP's example was yet another genius who didn't have any common sense. Maybe I've just gotten paranoid from all the insane eye horror these people inflict on themselves.
>>
>>8842461
Doesn't everything give you cancer these days?
>>
>>8845804
only if you live in california
>>
>>8845804
Even if it doesn't, please don't put E600 on your skin.
>>
>>8847668
I don't put it on my skin but sometimes it ends up on my fingers a bit. I just peel it off and keep going.
>>
>>8847975
lol. I'm literally sitting here peeling E6000 off my fingers as I was reading this thread
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.