[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me make a Decision
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (165 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
165 KB, 1920x1080
I've been searching for decent looking lightsaber replicas/toys that i can use, however all of them seem to cost far too much, do you guys know of any place I can get quality lightsabers (I live in New Zealand btw)
>>
Your choices are either plastic toys or $300 ones. Also, use the help thread.
>>
Quality ones are expensive, anon. That's if you want a LARP grade quality so you can actually hit people.

I got mine from Saberforge, but only because I drove three hours and showed up at their offices. That's the only way to get one in a decent amount of time after the new movie.

I've seen and got to play a bit with Ultrasaber's. They're lighter (but everything is lighter than mine), but still pretty awesome.

I don't know about any New Zealand specific ones.
>>
>>8823954
>>8806851
>>8810726
>>
Higher quality things cost a lot more money. If you are not okay with this, stick to plastic light up toys.
>>
>>8823961
Ultrasabers has a good product but their customer service is massive shit and they have an attitude problem. My cosplay group purchased from them, and one person ended up with a dented/damaged inner light (which she opted to keep rather than deal with them more since you couldn't tell in photos). They also sent multiple harassing emails to another member because for some reason they thought her product recommendation on her social media site was a site crawler or spam. Obviously she doesn't recommend Ultrasabers anymore.

That being said I love the customization.
>>
>>8824716
Well, shit. Saberforge is hardly better. I drove down there because of their backlog, but later found out the people who donated to their gofundme or whatever they used in the beginning haven't gotten their sabers. Some even from their etsy.

Also, you shouldn't buy from the website. Just the etsy. They haven't updated their website in forever. Also, some of their designs are different than what's pictured. For example, I have Venom, and the claws are not nearly as close to the blade.
>>
>>8824716
I'm not sure how recently your group purchased from Ultrasabers, but me and my BF ordered from them mid last year and everything was great. All the sabers came in perfect condition, none of the blades had flaws and they where shipped out much earlier than expected. Can't say anything about customer service though cause there wasn't much need to talk because it all went smoothly. Shipping was very expensive to Australia so bad news for you New Zealand friend.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.