[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Makeup Tutorials
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (312 KB, 736x948) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
312 KB, 736x948
Posting makeup tutorials, from gal to larme.
>>
File: image.png (244 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
image.png
244 KB, 500x364
Larme
>>
File: image.png (183 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
image.png
183 KB, 500x303
>>8811211
>>
File: image.png (438 KB, 443x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
438 KB, 443x750
>>8811216
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1200x1553) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1200x1553
>>8811219
>>
File: image.png (150 KB, 500x306) Image search: [Google]
image.png
150 KB, 500x306
>>8811222
>>
>>8811222
Nice. Gonna try this tomorrow. I thought the eyeshadow was pink from the thumbnail, lol.
>>
>>8811226
This one's nice. Not sure why she's using her fingers instead of a brush or applicator, but I guess the end result looks okay?
>>
>>8811222
How do I get eyebrows that nice? Brow mascara like the stuff heavy rotation makes? My brows are already bleached and about that color but naturally way tok sparse, I normally use Kate designing eyebrow n-ex4 because I like the blonde shade it has in it but they still don't look that full
>>
>>8811211
This looks so much like the makeup people used to wear for cult party kei
>>811222 Where is her contour? This looks more like cosplay than gal. Even her hair is flat.
>>8816455 you can use brow gel but in this instance it appears as is she is using powder after setting the shape with gel. The thickness of the brow extends past her hair.
>>
>>8816455
fill them with powder on an angled brush and then go over that with gel. If you go a bit heavy handed on the powder you can soften with a brow brush.
>>
File: brush + foundation.jpg (14 KB, 279x300) Image search: [Google]
brush + foundation.jpg
14 KB, 279x300
Can someone help me? I usually apply the pic related foundation using my hands/fingers but I found that very messy, so I bought the also related brush and when I use it it's streaky as fuck. Am I retarded? I can't even into sponges because I lose so much product to the sponge.
>>
>>8816859

This is why I stick to BB cream and powder foundation.
>>
>>8816859
Tried stippling?
>>
>>8816872
I'm a noob to makeup. I thought bb cream is like an all in one solution so you don't need foundation? What's the difference between concealer, foundation and bb cream? Do I REALLY need all 3 for all my makeup looks?
>>
>>8816859
I've never used that product but for my more expensive products I use a dampened sponge that I've squeezed out so it doesn't suck as much up.
>>
>>8816882
I always thought concealer was for spot-covering and then you applied bb cream or foundation on top. And I'm pretty sure western bb creams are consistently less thick than foundation.
>>
>>8816882
>>8816894

I don't use concealer as I usually don't need it. I apply a matte powder over BB cream during summer because sometimes the BB cream on top of being sweaty makes for a really bad oily looking combination.

I also use a Korean BB cream so no problems with coverage there. I don't like western BB cream at all. If I want something light then I go with a shiseido urban environment sunblock.
>>
>>8816859
I usually apply my foundation with a brush before hand and then use a sponge to blend away the streaks in a rolling motion. It really helps that I'm using Beauty Blender as when it expands its size after soaking in water, it does not absorb product much. So, sometimes I just dab foundation on my face and then blend it away with the sponge, easier and faster.

>>8816882
>concealer
To apply on blemishes such as dark circles and pimple marks. Not to be used as a base makeup
>foundation
Usually has higher coverage than bb creams, suitable for special occasions such as photoshoots, most of them if not all requires tools to apply consistently
>bb cream
Known to be lighter in coverage for natural looks, it's friendly for daily usage as well as it's easier to apply (can use fingers instead of tools)

I usually use bb cream + concealer even for cosplay as I want a more natural look and my skin condition isn't that bad. When I do close up shoots I'll opt for foundation for nicer coverage. As it's liquid/cream based and prone to melt due to heat, I usually set it in minimal amount with clear face powder.

You don't need all three, just find a combination that suits you.
>>
does anyone have the jetj makeup book/know if they sell it in bookstores?
>>
How are beauty blenders and the beauty blender knock offs?
>>
File: foundation-brushes-3.jpg (34 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
foundation-brushes-3.jpg
34 KB, 750x750
>>8816859
Use a fluffier foundation brush and apply in dabbing and circular motion. Use a beauty blender afterwards.
>>
>>8821145
I personally use the Etude House beauty blender since it's the only one available here. It blends nicely although it doesn't get bigger when you wet it.
>>
>>8821145
I have some 35ยข beauty blender from ali and I have to say that I can't really get on the sponge trend bevause I lose so much product in it. It works the same as more expensive sponges I got from the local beauty supply store in my town, I just don't like sponges and think I'll stick to my fingers for now.
>>
>>8821176
the only time I feel like I NEED to use the sponges is undereye application. Mine creases horribly when I blend with my fingers. Somehow, sponges prevent that.
>>
>>8821176
Did you run it under water and squeeze the access out before applying your foundation? It could be soaking up too much because of that.
>>
>>8821145
Eh, real ones are nicer, but the price difference is too huge to make it worth it. Go for a good knockoff and make sure you wet it properly, don't soak it and make sure you get most of the water out.
I use a brush to stipple on foundation and a beauty blender to give it a more natural finish. Works great, it looks super natural.
>>
Any tutorials for monolids/hooded lids that aren't panda eyes?

I think I'll get the surgery someday, but if I can counteract the ugly with makeup, I will.
>>
>>8822720
don't deny your heritage, anon
>>
>>8822755
Lol plastic surgery is part of my heritage too, anon. :P
>>
>>8822720
Seconding this. My eyeliner always disappears
>>
File: larme9j.jpg (247 KB, 1000x1304) Image search: [Google]
larme9j.jpg
247 KB, 1000x1304
>>
>>8822720
pony makeup has some great monolid tutorials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq-IhEARm40 [Embed]
>>
>>8823146
also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKBfegQdIBQ
>>
>>8823142
This is super cute and all, but 80% of makeup tutorials I've seen are like this with a single minor change, like a peach lipgloss instead of pale pink. I understand that you can only do so much to make the same basic look look different and interesting, but still...
Idk if I'm being too salty, it's just something that irritates me sometimes.
>>
>>8821145
Real ones are heaven.
>>
Bad genetics mean I'm cursed with thin lips and they kind of ruin my face... Would it be better to start lining them in or should I just let it go and try to bring attention to my eyes instead? Posting here as I don't want to make a whole new thread for my lips lol
>>
>>8824829
Don't wear very dark lipstick because it'll make your lips look even thinner. Line them and wear a light, peachy-pink (or other pale natural colour) lipstick with lipgloss.
You can bring attention to your eyes too, of course, but don't think your lips are a lost cause. I wouldn't recommend wearing plumping glosses or w/e because I find them super uncomfortable, and honestly lining your lips makes quite a noticeable difference if you do it right.
Gradient lip tutorials might help you, but they hardly ever stay put and your lips might be too thin to pull some of them off.
>>
>>8816894
>And I'm pretty sure western bb creams are consistently less thick than foundation.
I've been using BB cream for so long now that most normal foundations feel disgustingly cakey. I have to mix my BB cream with face cream to make it more sheer too, I only use it as is when I have spots. I used to smear foundation all over my face when I was younger too, because I was an idiot and didn't know you could get this magical thing called 'concealer' and thought you had to build up layers of foundation to cover it.
>>8821176
That's weird, are you soaking them before use? Even the cheap ones blend makeup nicely in my experience.
>>
This is a strange request.

I'm going to a cyber punk/goth larp in a few months, and I'm looking for a flashy, colourful and bold eye makeup tutorial for it.
My colour theme will be (hot/UV) pink, silver, black and white, so anything super showy yet elegant with pink is appreciated.

I can't really ask this in the larp thread since all they talk about is armor, so I thought this would be a better place to ask. If not, I'll take it to the help thread too just in case.

There's one problem though. I have small eyes and the distance from my eyes to my eyebrows is really small, so tutorials with girls with super high eyebrows probably won't translate as well on me.
>>
>>8826285
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdpjVVR_z6k
>>
File: eyesarebleh.png (42 KB, 314x76) Image search: [Google]
eyesarebleh.png
42 KB, 314x76
does anyone have any tips on making your eyes look symmetrical? Poor quality pic related
>>
>>8825849
>>8821301
Oh my god I didn't even realize I needed to soak it first. I'll try that next time I wear makeup (haven't in a while due to being sick and having no energy)
Thanks gulls
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.