[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iron Wig 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 20
The contestants for Iron Wig 2016 were announced today. Let's discuss. What are your opinions on this contest? Who do you think has the best portfolio example?

Pic related: Cade Cosplay, USA
>>
FallenWings, Germany
>>
Havenaims cosplay, USA
>>
Jak Cosplay, Germany
>>
Lisa Lou Who, USA
>>
>>8757219
Damn, PS4 Cloud Strife is looking fucked up.
>>
Revy, Germany
>>
Toki MMMC, Netherlands
>>
U.P. Cosplay, USA
>>
>>8757236
I feel like U.P. cosplay is going to be the weak link of the contest this time around.
>>
>>8757226
I'd like to see the rest of this girl's portfolio. Hopefully she won't be the token "style wefts into cute small shapes and stick them on a wig" contestant this year.
Most of these look pretty promising. I'm looking forward to seeing what the contestants produce this time.
>>
>>8757240
I'm trying to remember, how close did portfolio examples stack up to old contestants' placings? UP's spiking is definitely the weakest, too bad we can't see her other examples.
>>
>>8757229
I thought it was another Peridot wig
>>
>>8757225
Ooh I hope she does well. Have always admired her costumes and wig styling.
>>
It seems like there are less contenders this time.
>>
>>8757221

I feel like this person will be another hat/wig dilemma
>>
>>8757225
Of the ones, posted, this one looks the most impressive
>>
>>8757246
Yeah but last year's winner won by sticking shapes on top of a wig soooo....
>>
>>8757652
but she was actually good with styling the rest of the wig as well.
>>
>>8757657
The braids are nice but I guess I just don't see the difficulty level. It's a personal preference but I never like when contestants put non-hair things in their wigs.
>>
>>8757666
I also don't like it when they put non wig stuff in, especially if it's the center piece of it.

>>8757652
were the other contestants just not feeling it that round?? The hat just feels like a prop and the rest of the wig isn't really that impressive.
>>
File: Npc-marik.png (178 KB, 440x470) Image search: [Google]
Npc-marik.png
178 KB, 440x470
>>8757229
>>
>>8757704

Judging ended up being super close and hat girl won by like two points
>>
>>8757226
I didn't even know she did wigs... At least the others I knew of except one of the German contestants
>>
>>8757225
Love her. Such a fantastic wig stylist.

>>8757224
Straight up looks like early 2000's yaya-han
>>
>>8757224
This wig needs more volume and kinky curls instead of clean spirals to match the character.
>>
>>8757232
Underwhelming.
>>
File: Beast_Profilbild.jpg (27 KB, 326x480) Image search: [Google]
Beast_Profilbild.jpg
27 KB, 326x480
>>8758115
well, to be fair, the manga version had more structured curls.
>>
File: DarkMagicianGirl-TF04-JP-VG-3.jpg (103 KB, 544x544) Image search: [Google]
DarkMagicianGirl-TF04-JP-VG-3.jpg
103 KB, 544x544
>>8758119
It's still pretty intricate, but it is suffering from hat/wig syndrome
>>
So many lackluster contestants this year.
If these are the ones who made it in I'd love to see those that didn't.

Looks like people realized not to waste the effort.
>>
>>8758843
I understand why they do it though, it's good advertising for both Arda and the stylist. Also free wigs and money.
>>
>>8757221
ugly
>>
>>8758855
Pretty much this. Ex-contestant here - the money is nonexistent relative to the time comitment, but the free wigs are nice and they basically kick your ass into making impressive things out of them. For what it's worth I like most of this year's lineup.
>>
>>8757231
I saved this pic cuz I feel like I'll be able to use this as inspo later. I'm dying to know if it can be disassembled and re styled
>>
>>8757652

Wait, the bird, lacing, nest, braiding, and all the brown details are hair? Jesus christ that's amazing! At first I thought she totally cheated putting the focus on props, but the props are 80% wig fiber details!
>>
>>8757221
this one looks like being the clanky contestant. all of her wigs lack fine details and are always hairspray soaking stiff
>>
This wigs are so cool! I need more please
>>
>>8757224
so half assed for Beast but her other stuff looked solid. Not sure why they picked this picture to represent her.
>>
>>8758751
it still looks really off
>>
>>8759826
This is all that's been posted for this year's contestants since the contest hasn't started yet. But there's some impressive photos in previous threads... pic related is Chibinischan from two years ago.
>>
>>8757225
I just watched the video tutorial for this, holy Fucking shit

I can hardly cut a fringe, this stylist is amazing
>>
>>8761451
I just watched it too and wow that took a lot more work than I thought.

>>8760211
Got any more? I've been trying to psych myself up to start a Catherine wig and need some inspiration.
>>
>>8764892
Sure, here you go. Like I said there's more in other threads and on their FB but these are some of my favorites. Pic related, also Chibinischan.
>>
>>8765227
>>
>>8765243
>>
>>8765245
>>
>>8765256
>>
>>8765257
>>
>>8765261
>>
>>8765257

Holy shit that's beautiful.

Goddamn, some people have amazing talent.
>>
Iron wig threads always bring me back to /cgl/
>>
>>8765261
No closeups of the "feathers"?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.