[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cosplay related Kickstarter Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: Kickstarter Logo.png (1 KB, 146x146) Image search: [Google]
Kickstarter Logo.png
1 KB, 146x146
Any new Kickstarters looking good? Anything actually worth backing at the moment? Backed any past projects? Talk about it here!
>>
File: fk6WNZF.jpg (525 KB, 2999x1687) Image search: [Google]
fk6WNZF.jpg
525 KB, 2999x1687
Ill just get it started, I found this one by Doc Dailey and friends, he did a successful project awhile ago, and is doing another helmet, looks intresting, pic related are helmets being made. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2126202269/frontier-buccaneer-3d-printed-cosplay-prop-helmets
>>
File: vivkawhy.png (638 KB, 963x597) Image search: [Google]
vivkawhy.png
638 KB, 963x597
>>
>>8733868
People kickstarting their trips to cons? Seriously? And some weebs pay for that? Wow...
>>
>>8733868
>>8734005

If you actually read it, it's to go to cons her fans keep begging her to go to. She's not doing it just to go to more cons.
>>
They all moved to Patreon because they feel that's not begging as well.
>>
>>8733739
I backed that CSPLY photobook kickstarter when it appeared. Was a little bit worried because of all the shit that occurred with the American photo kickstarter projects but so far the guy has been regularly updating the fb page for it. The European cosplay community is small enough and the guy isn't popular enough that if it all fails he won't be able to bullshit his way out of it like the Journey Beyond bunch did. So feeling slightly optimistic I'll actually get the product in the end.

Can't think of any other cosplay kickstarters. All the cosplayers who were trying to use it to fund boobjobs or get them to cons seem to have moved onto patreon.
>>
>>8734188
So it's like getting you and your buddies a whore, which actually is more of a stripper which you can't touch all that much?
>>
>>8734363
"hey we really like your cosplays come 2 local conventions"
"i cant no money"
"we donate"
"okay"

never in my life have i seen people get as salty about other people living their lives as you fucking autists. How is it possible for anyone to please any of you? How do you all live such angry fucking melodramatic lives?
>>
>>8734378
Just because someone offers you and handout doesn't mean you have to take it. Some of those "fans" aren't the most socially normal and feed off of any signs of someone showing interest in them if that means giving them all the money they have. It's kinda taking advantage of your fans to find something that's a hobby. You're taking money so you can go to a con when there are people that look for donations in order to survive from cancer or artists who actually produce something that benefits people other than themselves.
>>
>>8734397
Different anon. you do have a point that it makes others wary of donating. But could be worse. This girl straight up asked people last year to send her to cons to get away from her kids.
>>
>>8734409

God that just makes me mad
>>
>>8734413
I have another
>>
>>8734415

Oh boy, same girl too?
>>
>>8734422
Nope different person, same con though. Gems like these pop up every now and again in funding sites. But I screenshotted these for the hilarity factor. Never thought i'd actually ever be able to show them 'cept with friends.
>>
>>8734415
>not only am I plus sized I'm also of color
>>
>>8734436
But she's a RARE GEM
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.