[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Contacts!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: eyes.png (387 KB, 500x463) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
387 KB, 500x463
Circle lenses and contact general!
>>
Does anyone know of any toric contact lenses that are colored? They don't have to be circle lenses. I need pretty high powered lenses though, high cyl., think -4.75
>>
File: cosplay plan 3.png (508 KB, 512x720) Image search: [Google]
cosplay plan 3.png
508 KB, 512x720
im currently looking for lenses for kotori. i have some in mind, but id love so see some of your guys suggestions before i buy.
these are the ones i had in mind.
pinkyparadise.com/G-G-Shimmer-Yellow-p/c32-shimmer-yellow.htm
pinkyparadise.com/EOS-Dolly-Eye-Brown-p/e3-v209lb-br.htm
>>
i want makeup tutorials for makeup like this :3
>>
Anybody ever ordered contacts from the Wish or Cute app?
>>
>>8701648
literally almost all reputable circle lens sites have a toric section
did you ever try?
>>
>>8701659
I have the Dolly Brown ones and reccommend them if you need to have gold/yellow eyes. They're comfy too.
>>
>>8701676
>>8701648
Ohmylens have a lot of toric lenses. More than other stores I've seen. I'd order ems though otherwise they're very slow
>>
>>8701662
I think the photos are high quality enough. For what do you need a tutorial here? This is no offense but an honest question, since I prefer photos over videos I'd like to hear your opinion.
>>
File: image.jpg (550 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
550 KB, 2048x2048
Really digging my EOS New Adult Green, so I thought I should share. They're a very nice balance between vibrance and natural, super comfortable, and my only concern is that the pupil opening might be a bit small as I find myself with blurred edges of my vision. Not that it bothers me a whole lot.
>>
File: image.jpg (471 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
471 KB, 2048x2048
>>8702377
And two non-bathroom pictures.
>>
Anyone knows if there are one-day use only contacts that are safe and 15 mm?

I have tried 1 year-use contacts by wearing them only once or twice a month, and always finding them very irritating, even if I keep changing the solution often and sterilize the box often.
My eyes are sensitive and get dry easily.

Maybe is the brand I've used? GG, Max elegance and Dali
>>
>>8701676
toric selections are shit and i will always be mad about this.
>>
Does anyone know what happened to maplelens? It's been down for maintenance for 2 weeks now. Is it gone?
>>
>>8702515
but some selection is better than none, right? i can't imagine how frustrating it is to require toric lenses; the added cost, the longer wait to get them, and the limited selection. but at least there are some cute ones?
>>8701624
some people in the mail horror stories thread are complaining about a crackdown on circle/cosmetic contact lenses. is this true? anyone had thier lenses confiscated? i need to get a new pair for daily wear, my old pair haven't hit thier expiration date yet but they were leaving persistent red rings on my eyes after removal so i decided it was time to toss them
>>
Has anyone bought from Pinkyparadise or HoneyColor since they stopped taking paypal?
>>
>>8703050
ok weird story:
i was trying to buy some lenses from PP back in September for Halloween. I thought my payment didn't go through because their new payment method is slow as fuck and wouldnt load so I abandoned it and bought from HC instead. I guess something went through because I ended up with identical pairs of lenses from HC and PP (although the packaging was slightly different, should i be worried about counterfeits? i can post pics)
I thought I paid for HC with PayPal but maybe not... We're they accepting it back in mid September? All I know is whatever payment method they were using wasn't as slow as PP's weird new one
>>
File: Kazuichisouda.jpg (245 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Kazuichisouda.jpg
245 KB, 700x700
Can I get some suggestions on which contacts to buy for a Kazuichi Souda cosplay? I found 3 that might work but I've never bought colored contacts so I want some second opinions.

https://www.pinkyparadise.com/Vassen-Lollipop-Pink-p/f10-lollipop-pink.htm
https://www.pinkyparadise.com/Pretty-Crystal-Pink-p/f15-p.crystal-pk.htm
https://www.pinkyparadise.com/EOS-Bubble-Pink-p/f6-wm101-pk.htm
>>
>>8702624
yes, but forget special effects or chatacter accuracy. toric lenses are generally only available in shades of brown, black, or grey, with sometimes blue or green or violet. i have seen one wine color that is as close to red as it gets, but it is a "gem" effect so idk. might try it out.

also i think the confiscations are mostly rumor at this point.
>>
>>8703050
I have bought from honeycolour since they stopped, had no problems!
>>
Hey gulls, I posted about this a long time ago, but lost interest in wearing circle lenses for a while so I forgot about it. I've taken interest again, and want to share my woes in case someone can help.

I used to wear circle lenses now and then, maybe once a week or less, bought them from a reputable source (Honeycolour, they were GEO brand), and they were generally comfortable to wear. I did find that my eyes burned a little when I blinked or closed my eyes, but it wasn't a huge problem so I didn't take any notice. I'd only wear them for maybe 5-6 hours at a time anyway.
After a while, it got to the stage where circle lenses always gave me that dry-burn feeling. I made sure to rinse them properly after wearing and store them safely (I wear prescription contacts normally so I know the care drill). I tried storing them in the most moistening solution I could find, rinsing them again before wearing, but nothing seemed to help. All the while, my normal contacts are completely fine and I don't even feel them when I'm wearing them.

Was I doing something wrong? Are my eyes just really sensitive to hard contacts since I'm used to soft monthlies? I haven't worn circle lenses in about a year and a half, so would it be worth trying again?

Sorry for tl;dr, thanks in advance!
>>
>>8702380
Could just be an issue with your eyes. What kind of drops are you using?

>>8703050
I've bought from both. Talked to my bank about it, looks like that weird third party they use is perfectly legitimate and trusted.

>>8703754
Some brands and models are thicker/harder than others, and aren't all that breathable. Though I know and trust Vassen with a few different models, their Dolly ones in particular tend to give me a similar feeling. (I had them in both red and pink, bought a year apart from different sources.)
>>
So I bought two pairs of contacts from PPs Halloween sale because I'm a sucker for contacts, but I was thinking, if I don't open the little jar/glass thing they come in, will they last longer? Because I already own a few lenses and I'm thinking of maybe waited with opening them so they last longer
>>
>>8701624
Does anyone know what the contacts on the right second to the top is?
>>
>>8704054
There's always a best before date on the glass bottles which tell you until when you can store them in there
>>
>>8704060
Yeah but when you take them out, do they still last a whole year? or a year minus the time they were in there?
Also I have two pairs of contacts that are over a year old, as long as I use them carefully and they feel ok, can I still use them?
>>
>>8704119
1.question: you can still use them a year from that day, it's about the liquid they're floating in.
2. DON"T JUST DON"T! THROW THEM AWAY! It's ok to 'overuse' them for a week or maybe two, but even that is not recommendable. Just throw them away and get urself some new ones. CL's are cheap af
>>
>>8702377
>>8702379

I'm going to have to pick these up. I've been looking for a somewhat natural looking green circle lens to wear and I think these might be it. What color are your eyes naturally? Kind of a blueish shade?
>>
>>8701676
I have tried. If you read my issue in my post, I need a high cyl power. Most toric circle lenses end at like -3.75ish.
>>
>>8703075
The diameter on the lenses are way too big for the character. How about EOS Adult pink?
>>
>>8703057
Honeycolor is based in the Philippines and PP in Malyasia so they have different labels based on which country the lens manufacturer ships to. This actually prevents counterfeits.
>>
>>8702380
Daily lenses in 15mm do not exist.
>>
>>8703754
It happened to me so I had to take a break from wearing them until my eye sensitivity returned to normal. Also your tear film gets thinner as you get older so you might have been able to tolerate the dryness years ago. Basically the best route is to temporarily stop wearing them for a year.
>>
>>8704271
The bottom photo of my first post have one contact in and the other being my natural eye colour. They look a bit greener here than I would say that they are IRL but they're still light, just bluer. I don't think my colour is visible through them, but they may not be as vibrant/bright or look slightly more olive if you've dark eyes.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.