[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mel/ - Meltia General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 151
File: meltia.jpg (61 KB, 752x490) Image search: [Google]
meltia.jpg
61 KB, 752x490
MELTIA GENERAL #001: ANNIVERSARY EDITION

>>>This group named “meltia” is consist of 6 teenage girls wearing Lolita fashion.
>>>We'll introduce our own "kawaii" to all over the world from Harajuku!

>>>NEWS
Anniversary Live announced for 10/24
Look for Melo in the next issue of Kera!

>>>LATEST SONGS
A Corsage of White Rose: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPpIRnYxCfo
Cinderella Love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60uBUkf96LA
Fairies and the Magical Symphony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT2S09hRC4s

>>>LIVE SCHEDULE
10/24: First Anniversary Live @ Strobe Cafe
10/31: Live Plus @ RUIDO.K4
11/01: Live Plus @ Belle Epoque
11/07: Live Plus @ Belle Epoque

>>>OFFICIAL LINKS
Official Site: http://www.meltia-lolita.com/
New Official Blog: http://lineblog.me/meltia/
Old Official Blog: http://ameblo.jp/meltia-blog/
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHzv6-07O7hFdfG7-7SjttA
Melo Shirayuki: https://twitter.com/meltia_melo
Nadeshiko Mizuki: https://twitter.com/meltianadeshiko
Aira Hoshino: https://twitter.com/meltia_aira
Caty Tambo: https://twitter.com/meltia_Caty/
Ruru Fuwari: https://twitter.com/meltia_ruruko
Yura Shiina: https://twitter.com/meltia_yura

>>>PREVIOUSLY ON /mel/
>>8508784

Credit to First OP for blurb. Happy Anniversary, Meltia!
>Are they doing Lolita fashion justice?
>What new prints should they wear next?
>Lolita idols our future kawaii overlords?
>>
File: 53a961dd.jpg (82 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
53a961dd.jpg
82 KB, 480x640
First for Nadeshiko!
>>
I hope they become successful! I really want to go to a live when I go to Tokyo this summer!
>>
File: CO7rMYsUkAAvil_.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CO7rMYsUkAAvil_.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
Today on the 1st anniversary of the birth of the Meltias, I hope they surprise us with a PV.
>>
File: CSCZrKSUkAQyqPZ.jpg_large.jpg (89 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
CSCZrKSUkAQyqPZ.jpg_large.jpg
89 KB, 852x640
>>8683098
Not being in Tokyo is suffering.
>>
>>8682519
Is the only way I can listen to any of there music through their live shows? Do they have an album or something I can buy?
>>
File: noooooooo.png (78 KB, 648x422) Image search: [Google]
noooooooo.png
78 KB, 648x422
Fuck everything. I'm going to cry in a corner.
>>
>>8683638
If only you could tell us what it says
>>
File: CRvE5_2U8AArmbL.jpg (28 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CRvE5_2U8AArmbL.jpg
28 KB, 600x450
FUCK IT'S THE BEGINNING OF THE END
NADESHIKO ANNOUNCES GRADUATION FROM MELTIA.

This wasn't the kind of news I was expecting today..
She will be leaving in November.
>>
>>8683641
>following idols
>not recognizing 卒業 characters
Nadeshiko is graduating in November.

https://twitter.com/meltianadeshiko/status/657846809067282432

>>8683098
>Today on the 1st anniversary of the birth of the Meltias, I hope they surprise us with a PV.
>I hope they surprise us with a PV.
>I hope they surprise us
>surprise
Fuck you.
>>
>>8683644
I don't follow idols well enough to recognize those.

Either way that really sucks, especially since she's the most popular member right? All I can imagine is that she needs to leave because she has to focus on her future, which (as much as I love Meltia) probably doesn't lie in a fairly unknown idol group.
>>
This should be on /jp/. Especially if you're going to start numbering your threads. Having a constant thread just to post selfies of the girls isn't suitable for /cgl/. There doesn't seem to be a lot of dress discussion in the last thread which is what you should be discussing, but there's not enough content to have a general.
>>
File: CSEjx_mUAAE4LOU.jpg_large.jpg (70 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
CSEjx_mUAAE4LOU.jpg_large.jpg
70 KB, 852x640
>>8683646
If this was /jp/ you would now have 50 posts about how they want to lick their sweaty armpits after the concert or cum in their socks. Meltia thread deserves better than that.

Think of it as lolitas doing idol rather than idols doing lolita, and relax. It belongs here much more than elsewhere.
>>
File: 5cc1ee23-s.jpg (75 KB, 495x660) Image search: [Google]
5cc1ee23-s.jpg
75 KB, 495x660
>tfw you bought Cream Cookie Collection in sax to be like Nadeshiko
>tfw you dreamt about meeting Nadeshiko at a live and taking a polaroid together in our twin dresses
>tfw you are actually considering booking a last minute ticket for the graduation
>>
>>8683646
pretty much what >>8683650 said, I mean the average jp idol thread is kind of borderline disturbing if you consider all the idols that are underage getting the same comments as well.

I mean those guys have entire generals about Onahole's, I think that says enough.
>>
>>8683650
>>8683652
The rules for /jp/ say that idol threads are welcome there so that's where they should stay. Just because some people post in a way that makes you feel comfortable doesn't make it okay for this thread to be here. From what I saw in the last thread you guys were acting exactly the same way I've seen /jp/ threads as in you post pictures of the girls with a random comment. Nothing to do with the fashion.
Obviously you could make a thread when a music video comes out where they have new outfits but the last thread lasted 89 days because someone would just post a random picture to keep it alive. That's just going to repeat over and over again which is a waste of a thread for here.
>>
>>8683662
I mean't uncomfortable of course. With otaku things you're going to have a lot of people who act that way. You can't really hide from it but you could try over there and see if you could create some proper discussion while ignoring the perverts.
>>
File: salty.png (2 KB, 104x113) Image search: [Google]
salty.png
2 KB, 104x113
>>8683662
>tens of stupid threads are created and expire every day
>you decide to take on the one thread dedicated to a group that does lolita in a fun and creative way

Luckily, 4chan has a built-in feature made just for you, anon!
>>
>>8683644
No... not nade-chan!!! fuck this gay earth
>>
>>8683646
>>8683662
while i understand your reasoning anon, jp would not welcome objective discussion of meltia's fashion and what impact this group may hold for the future of lolita. Aoki Misako tried a similar venture with Lolitina which did not pan out as she had hoped. I think there is merit in following Meltia's journey and keeping a thread on cgl so people can discuss it. shitposting is an art on jp, meltia and lolita fashion both deserve better. If you've seen their threads then you know they have pretty unpleasant things to say more often than not.

to keep this on topic, we can open this into a general discussion of lolitas being idols? Is this a viable future, what is the biggest challenge of this endeavor, would the rise of a lolita group encourage fetishisizing the fashion? etc.
>>
File: CSEiQ6GUYAAHSA_.jpg (61 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CSEiQ6GUYAAHSA_.jpg
61 KB, 600x450
>>8684284
I think Meltia has it right in that they are a girl group created by a female producer. All other idol groups are playing up some way for the male fans, but I don't get that feeling at all with Meltia. It just feels like I'm in a girl's world living the dream with other cute girls. They will still have male fans irregardless though. I think the biggest challenge is really to get girls to understand it's a fashion and not a gimmick. I've known about lolita for a really long time (before I got into the fashion) and for some reason, I always thought it was some silly kinky fashion.

I'm getting worried that Meltia will last much longer. There hasn't been a new song for a couple of months, nothing special announced on the anniversary (besides a graduation). Still no way to purchase any of their songs to support them in some way. They could get sponsored by AP maybe and wear more dresses? I don't know, but I'm getting frustrated and feeling the momentum from their management is starting to die down.

Losing Nadeshiko is a big deal. I know you don't really need to be talented, but Airan will now be carrying the group in terms of singing and dancing now. I wonder if Nadeshiko will return to private life or have another try at being idol because she honestly has what it takes to make it big.
>>
>>8684339
I pretty much share all your worries, mostly that I'm afraid the group will slowly crumble. They could really use a PV or at least digital release of their songs.

Also I get the same feeling where it doesn't feel like the group is pandering to male fans that want a pure waifu to lust after, like so many other groups.
>>
File: 092cbc4f_01.jpg (186 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
092cbc4f_01.jpg
186 KB, 1024x768
>>8684339
>I think Meltia has it right in that they are a girl group created by a female producer. All other idol groups are playing up some way for the male fans, but I don't get that feeling at all with Meltia.
That was exactly the point that their producer wanted to make. They're still an idol group, but produced by a female and focused on an inherently girly fashion. I don't remember any other girl idol group targeted towards girl audiences (boy idols are a whole different story). This is also why saying that this belongs in /jp/ where other typical wota-pandering idols are discussed is missing the point of Meltia completely.

>I'm getting worried that Meltia will last much longer. There hasn't been a new song for a couple of months, nothing special announced on the anniversary (besides a graduation).
This is my worry as well. I expected many things to be possibly announced at the anniversary live, instead we got the last thing I wanted and the last thing the group needed.
>>
File: 47fa6f99-s.jpg (137 KB, 660x496) Image search: [Google]
47fa6f99-s.jpg
137 KB, 660x496
Meltia's management situation is pretty worrisome. I don't think they have a solid business plan together; the staff e-mail address they list for inquiries in their Twitter profile doesn't even work, the domain has been expired for months. Their producer said she created the group with the Tokyo Olympics in mind, but the idea that Meltia could have any involvement there seems naive at best, under the circumstances.

As for Nadeshiko, she just completed high school this year so it seems she's choosing to graduate in order to put her future first, but she also made it sound like she had some uncertainties about continuing to be an idol. I can see why, because Meltia doesn't look all that stable even by most idol groups' standards.
>>
File: CSP8_8sUwAE2k3s.jpg_large.jpg (44 KB, 640x365) Image search: [Google]
CSP8_8sUwAE2k3s.jpg_large.jpg
44 KB, 640x365
Caty 10/10 modern artist.

>>8686481
>Their producer said she created the group with the Tokyo Olympics in mind, but the idea that Meltia could have any involvement there seems naive at best, under the circumstances.
Considering that Akimoto is involved in the committee it is indeed naive, we all know too well which idol group, if any at all, will end up in the opening ceremony.
>>
File: CSUQhK3UAAAy0Ug.jpg (78 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
CSUQhK3UAAAy0Ug.jpg
78 KB, 600x800
Melo going BABY this winter.
>>
File: CSU3Rw_UkAAkhpF.jpg_large.jpg (86 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
CSU3Rw_UkAAkhpF.jpg_large.jpg
86 KB, 852x640
Pinchable cheeks?
>>
>>8683644
That's really fast? They're only together a year.
>>
File: CSPfrX8UsAAJ7p0.jpg (88 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
CSPfrX8UsAAJ7p0.jpg
88 KB, 660x495
>>8690253
Another member, Emiri graduated in January so she was only there a couple of months.

All you lolitas going to Japan, you should really go to a live if you can and show your support.
>>
>>8690293
i will be doing this! Planning to go to as many as I can while I'm there, even got cream cookie collection to match.

Are any other gulls planning to go as well?
>>
>>8690253
I think this is fairly normal by indie idol standards. Most of the groups I've followed/observed have had pretty tumultuous lineup changes in the first year. Of course, Meltia has it harder than most because of the investment that goes into the dresses, and they went and gave everyone their own member colors already...
>>
File: CSjyLEWUkAAAzYu.jpg_large.jpg (107 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CSjyLEWUkAAAzYu.jpg_large.jpg
107 KB, 1024x768
>>8690747
Please represent us well! I'm pretty heartbroken that my first live earlier this year will probably remain the last one I'll see.

>>8690769
Yeah, probably not the best idea to get too emotionally invested with the indies. But then how can you resist.
>>
File: CL-In9vUAAA-1yr.jpg (91 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CL-In9vUAAA-1yr.jpg
91 KB, 1024x768
>>8687358
The music industry in Japan is fucked up. The 48 franchise and Johnny's have way too much power.

>>8690747
I'm quite sure Meltia will be super happy to see you wear Cream Cookie Collection. I hope you get to take a polaroid with them. That would be amazing!
>>
File: CSo34iMUEAAvSu1.jpg_large.jpg (145 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
CSo34iMUEAAvSu1.jpg_large.jpg
145 KB, 768x1024
Nurse Nadeshiko forgot her trigger discipline.
>>
File: CSoglNqU8AA4d3F.jpg_large.jpg (103 KB, 640x854) Image search: [Google]
CSoglNqU8AA4d3F.jpg_large.jpg
103 KB, 640x854
>>8694006
>>
>>8694360
Why does Ruru's head look like an alien in this one?
>>
File: CSpuhTkU8AAbZdj.jpg_large.jpg (126 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
CSpuhTkU8AAbZdj.jpg_large.jpg
126 KB, 640x852
>>8694405
Because it's spoopy tiem.
>>
>>8693049
48 makes me so uncomfortable these days. Ever since I watched the Acchan documentary (a short one) I realized how bad the culture of that group is.

I don't even want to know the ends those girls go to, to get to the top.
>>
>>8694495
Do you have a link to the documentary?
>>
>>8694518
Here you go, part two should be in the related links

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSjgizgIlRA

Pic related pretty much shows how much confidence former number 1 ranked member of AKB48 had. This was all from years ago though, so before she graduated and all.
>>
File: df50a48c.jpg (440 KB, 481x640) Image search: [Google]
df50a48c.jpg
440 KB, 481x640
>>8694495
The management of AKB is really shitty. They constantly make the girls compete against each other in the elections. And that probably results in them doing more disgusting male fan pandering shit.

This thread needs more Meltia love!
Happy Halloween from Meltia.
>>
>>8695141
aww, happy halloween metlia! it would have been super cute if they all had themed coords for halloween too.
>>
>>8694535
the real thing is wtf is up with these ranking ceremonies??? i mean i've always seen random rankings in random magazines all the time but to have a ceremony like that is especially fucked up.

but i guess that kind of shows a lot of how AKB is run. its strange. very in the spotlight with those emotions. like these same feelings must have gone through other idols heads when they saw rankings.. but then again those rankings weren't showcased on stage
>>
File: CS0K5pDUkAAoeD1.jpg_large.jpg (66 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
CS0K5pDUkAAoeD1.jpg_large.jpg
66 KB, 852x640
>>8695433
>the real thing is wtf is up with these ranking ceremonies???
To vote for your favourite you need a ticket.

You get one ticket per each copy of the single.

If you buy 10 copies of the single you can vote for your waifu 10 times.
>>
>>8694535
I hate AKB48 and they also make me uncomfortable because they try to make them act like really sexual 5 year olds, but this girl seemed really manipulative and off
>>
File: CSprhsaUwAIOx9w.jpg (96 KB, 599x798) Image search: [Google]
CSprhsaUwAIOx9w.jpg
96 KB, 599x798
I will miss Nadeshiko.
>>
>>8697840
i get that it would be based off of some raffle type thing, but i'm just questioning why they are making it a ceremony. i remember seeing morning musume rankings and other random pop artist rankings in magazines, but they never had a fuckin crowd watch it get announced or anything. it's weird.
>>
>>8698252
It's not a normal ranking, it's literally called an election. There are too many members so the votes determine which ones will be in the next single and the winner gets to be the "center"/main girl in the song.
>>
File: CS4BUf1UAAAKMOc.jpg_large.jpg (101 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
CS4BUf1UAAAKMOc.jpg_large.jpg
101 KB, 1024x576
Please take our leaflet, Anon~
>>
>>8697853
Wouldn't even be surprised, but everything about AKB48 seems off, I vaguely remember one girl in an interview going "yeah I was pretty much homeless while getting into AKB48" or something shitty like that. This was pre-popularity though.

I mean ever their MVs are always so sexual toned, Heavy Rotation has to be one of the worst. Were all the girls in that mv even 18+??
>>
File: CS63cD5U8AAvFSb.jpg_large.jpg (71 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
CS63cD5U8AAvFSb.jpg_large.jpg
71 KB, 640x852
>>8697865
I already miss her.
>>
File: nade.jpg (30 KB, 603x249) Image search: [Google]
nade.jpg
30 KB, 603x249
Nadeshiko's graduation live is now confirmed for 11/27:

http://iod1127.sakura.peatix.com/

It's not even their solo live. I can't go and I'm sad.
>>
>>8697865
I really hope she does something else good, she has a lot of talent and it would be a shame for it to go to waste unless she turns out to have a flair for something else entirely.
>>
>>8700704
>>8700712
i sort of wonder if they'll reassign her color to another member. or will she keep her sax jsk? she had one of the prime cuts!
>>
>>8698970
I'd like to hear more about this...I always thought the girls were enjoying themselves and that they got popular because they genuinely wanted to make people happy?
>>
File: CS2pkChUsAEy9ya.jpg (169 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CS2pkChUsAEy9ya.jpg
169 KB, 1024x768
>>8700704
Not a solo live? That makes me so sad. Nadeshiko deserves so much better..

>>8700712
I'm glad I'm not the only that thinks she has talent. She made a blog post about why she is graduating. I can't moon, but the Google translate seems to suggest she's always loved idols. She seems really passionate so I hope she can make a career out of it somehow.
>>
can you buy/download their music anywhere?
>>
File: 8b6777d3.jpg (737 KB, 761x930) Image search: [Google]
8b6777d3.jpg
737 KB, 761x930
>>8702033
There is one song for download from Soundcloud on their official site, other than that it's just whatever they put on their youtube channel (i.e. concert recordings with wota chants mixed in).

No physical releases or even official digital releases available to buy. I wonder if we'll ever get any.
>>
>>8701275
Oh no it is far from a happy idol life. The competition within the group is brutal since its so big and there's only a few prime spots for them to get.
One way is getting voted high enough in the elections which are used to decide would gets to be in the new single.

Basically they do insane amounts of fan pandering, from gravure shoots to handshaking events. Last year I believe some messed up Wota tried to attack one of the girls during a handshaking event.
>>
>>8702093
lame, I was really hoping to get 'Eternal Juliet'
>>
File: CTE2LLbUcAE1bNj.jpg_orig.jpg (64 KB, 440x597) Image search: [Google]
CTE2LLbUcAE1bNj.jpg_orig.jpg
64 KB, 440x597
Interview with Meltia in GIRLISM, a lolita zine from Shanghai.
>>
File: CTE2M80UYAI7CXn.jpg_orig.jpg (136 KB, 1024x694) Image search: [Google]
CTE2M80UYAI7CXn.jpg_orig.jpg
136 KB, 1024x694
>>8702887
>>
>>8702093
In that way the management isn't playing their cards right. They should have at least attempted to make their music available through digital sales or even physical.

I really like Meltia but I fear it'll disappear within 2 years
>>
>>8702093
>nico confirmed best girl
>>
>>8695141
>acting like rankings and elections aren't the norm in idol culture
>and that's probably the result in them doing more disgusting male fan pandering shit
Nice b8 m8
>>
File: CTKjOJmVEAApoRi.jpg_large.jpg (42 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
CTKjOJmVEAApoRi.jpg_large.jpg
42 KB, 640x478
>>8702909
Yeah, my main concern is how are they funded. Even frequent gigs for like 50 people with 1000 yen door fee can't pay for all that.
>>
File: CTNreMVUwAAhiZB.jpg_large.jpg (55 KB, 639x852) Image search: [Google]
CTNreMVUwAAhiZB.jpg_large.jpg
55 KB, 639x852
Meltia presents, The Lolita Centipede, coming soon to a theatre near you.

(I'm so sorry...)
>>
File: CTSOq8YUYAQe4IP.jpg_large.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
CTSOq8YUYAQe4IP.jpg_large.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
>>8702138
>One way is getting voted high enough in the elections which are used to decide would gets to be in the new single.
They do janken tournaments for single placements too, so you can get in by pure luck. I think. Wouldn't be surprised if those were rigged too.

>>8702138
>Basically they do insane amounts of fan pandering, from gravure shoots to handshaking events.
>Last year I believe some messed up Wota tried to attack one of the girls during a handshaking event.
Please don't equate those two things. Regardless of AKB's business model that guy was a nutjob and that's all there is to it. He fucked it up for pretty much every idol outfit out there as they introduced retarded security or just did away with handshakes entirely.

Anyway, what's with all that AKB talk in a Meltia thread?

Have a Yura, she never gets any love.
>>
File: CTVL_I2VAAAtIp1.jpg_large.jpg (88 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
CTVL_I2VAAAtIp1.jpg_large.jpg
88 KB, 768x1024
My face when not going to work on Monday.
>>
File: 6dfd6fc6.jpg (357 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
6dfd6fc6.jpg
357 KB, 852x640
>>
File: CTc8On4VEAA1EWd.jpg_large.jpg (71 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
CTc8On4VEAA1EWd.jpg_large.jpg
71 KB, 640x852
A Caty.
>>
File: CTgeuVrVEAAwLTl.jpg_large.jpg (26 KB, 640x588) Image search: [Google]
CTgeuVrVEAAwLTl.jpg_large.jpg
26 KB, 640x588
>>8711084
A Caty is fine too.
>>
File: CTlVqUHUwAAHPQt.jpg_large.jpg (76 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
CTlVqUHUwAAHPQt.jpg_large.jpg
76 KB, 852x640
Why is she so Nadeshiko?
>>
File: CTqtq0SUwAA5Xs9.jpg_large.jpg (74 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CTqtq0SUwAA5Xs9.jpg_large.jpg
74 KB, 1024x768
Can't tell if lolita accessory or Sailor Moon merch.
>>
>>8715074
Swimmer accessory
>>
>>8715074
I really like her earrings!
>>
>>8715074
two piercings, cool! Isn't that a bit 'out there' for a sweet idol type though? I remember when people were surprised when I had just three holes in each ear and joked that I was 'rebellious'.
>>
File: b18c862d.jpg (490 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
b18c862d.jpg
490 KB, 852x640
>>8715892
I have a feeling Nadeshiko has a darker side than we all imagine.
>>
File: CT203KFVEAAPq5Q.jpg_large.jpg (95 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
CT203KFVEAAPq5Q.jpg_large.jpg
95 KB, 640x852
>slurp
>>
File: 979f9c01.jpg (248 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
979f9c01.jpg
248 KB, 852x640
>>
>>8722242
>'bitch, that does not impress me'
>>
File: CUF_oPlWwAAbCmK.jpg (49 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
CUF_oPlWwAAbCmK.jpg
49 KB, 480x640
I can't help but love them all more and more every day.
>>
File: CULpNccVEAAjXNQ.jpg_large.jpg (70 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
CULpNccVEAAjXNQ.jpg_large.jpg
70 KB, 852x640
That's contacts on Caty, r-right?
>>
i want /jp/ to leave.
>>
>>8726645
too bad
>>
>>8707089
Wow, she's really cute!
Who is the most popular meltia now, seeing as Nadeshiko is going to graduate?
>>
File: CTxbSAvUsAQ6uMT.jpg (57 KB, 600x832) Image search: [Google]
CTxbSAvUsAQ6uMT.jpg
57 KB, 600x832
>>8726623
she is but they all wear contacts a lot of the time, especially for close-ups, they're just very natural looking circle lenses with only a modest and subtle iris diameter increase.

I think they all look cute with or without lenses, they just give a slightly different impression.
>>
File: CT1UkNRUAAA6TNT.jpg (83 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
CT1UkNRUAAA6TNT.jpg
83 KB, 852x640
>>8726850
Nadeshiko was never the most popular meltia. There's just a lot of anons here that like her.

This is my guess at popularity ranking (including number of Twitter followers)..
Mero (1,837)
Nadeshiko (972) / Airan (734)
Ruru (632) / Yura (649)
Caty (381) (sorry fellow anons, I know a lot of you like her).

This is also based on the lines for the polaroids for each girl. Mero actually required her own line. While everyone else got a shared line.
>>
File: CUVpBH6UYAAfxcw.jpg_large(2).jpg (105 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
CUVpBH6UYAAfxcw.jpg_large(2).jpg
105 KB, 960x720
>>8727771
Nice research.

It wouldn't be the first time Western fans have completely different preferences to Japanese ones.
>>
File: CUX9wWPVEAA54LD.jpg_large.jpg (64 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
CUX9wWPVEAA54LD.jpg_large.jpg
64 KB, 640x852
Dem Ruru lips....
>>
File: CUaT-V-UcAILHlA.jpg_large.jpg (90 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
CUaT-V-UcAILHlA.jpg_large.jpg
90 KB, 852x640
On duty.
>>
File: CUZOIhYUAAAUMBn.jpg_large.jpg (168 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
CUZOIhYUAAAUMBn.jpg_large.jpg
168 KB, 960x1280
Off-duty.
>>
>>8731048
I'm glad to know they dress cute outside of work
>>
File: CUf7MoPUAAEKXvR.jpg_large.jpg (57 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
CUf7MoPUAAEKXvR.jpg_large.jpg
57 KB, 640x852
>>8731814
Damn right.
>>
>>8731048
Slipknot band t-shirt? Interesting.
>>
File: 96e14320[1].jpg (397 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
96e14320[1].jpg
397 KB, 852x640
>>8734564
Caty is fucking metal and you know it!

I want to [spoiler]hug[/spoiler] her.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (166 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
166 KB, 1024x768
>>
File: CUthFNQUcAAuMAZ.jpg_large.jpg (93 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
CUthFNQUcAAuMAZ.jpg_large.jpg
93 KB, 1024x1024
25 minute long graduation live for Nadeshiko tomorrow.

It's plain insulting for her, and also devaluing the group's status too in the bigger picture.

I'm quite mad.
>>
File: CUc0qAnUYAAxF6l.jpg (66 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
CUc0qAnUYAAxF6l.jpg
66 KB, 852x640
>>8736789
Man what the fuck.
I so wish I could be there, I doubt there is a polaroid event, but I'd like to be there with my blue glow stick.

Whenever I see Cream Cookie Collection in sax, I will think of Nadeshiko!
>>
File: large[1].jpg (42 KB, 441x457) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
42 KB, 441x457
>>8736793
Don't know about polaroids, but they said they would be meeting people from 19:30 I think.
>>
File: CUzFKVPUwAAAPPh.jpg_large.jpg (119 KB, 851x639) Image search: [Google]
CUzFKVPUwAAAPPh.jpg_large.jpg
119 KB, 851x639
It's happening.

;_;
>>
File: CUx_HdiUsAA7ZoA.jpg_large.jpg (55 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
CUx_HdiUsAA7ZoA.jpg_large.jpg
55 KB, 480x640
>>8738019
It's over.
>>
>>8727771
>>8729649
this sounds about right, don't forget mero actually models a lot for kera/etc, so it makes sense she has a larger following in japan!

for the longest time I couldn't pinpoint where i recognized her from. she's probably going to be my favorite metlia now though!
>>
File: CU1KI0LVEAA-Q_0.jpg (122 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CU1KI0LVEAA-Q_0.jpg
122 KB, 1024x768
>>8738029
Nadeshiko and her fans from the graduation. I wish I was there.

This is proof how tiny Meltia is ;_;
>>
File: large[1].jpg (68 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
68 KB, 852x640
Knee-high Day!
>>
File: 41ba810f[1].jpg (386 KB, 1024x649) Image search: [Google]
41ba810f[1].jpg
386 KB, 1024x649
Enjoying 6nin Meltia pictures while they last.

;_;
>>
File: large[1].jpg (74 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
74 KB, 852x640
CatyRuru is such a perfect couple.
>>
>>8743132
I feel like Caty is becoming even more cute recently
>>
Nadeshiko will be deleting her Meltia twitter account in a couple of days.

It's like the pain that just never stops giving.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (106 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
106 KB, 1024x768
Glorious Leader?
>>
File: large[1].jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>8743152
>I feel like Caty is becoming even more cute recently

Right on!
>>
I worry for Meltia's future. The right decisions aren't being made and now the group lost one of the most popular members.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (81 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
81 KB, 640x852
>>8748001
More like there are no decisions being made, from what we get to see.
>>
Can we start commenting on all over their Youtube to ask when/where to buy songs? This way we can show they have tons of oversea fans that want to support them. There's also the idea of spam asking a con to bring them over as a guest.

Even my 10 year old nieces love these girls! I don't want them to fail!
>>
A-are any of the Meltias on instagram? I don't have a twitter. ;;
>>
>>8750128
I was thinking something like that! I followed their twitters a while back and they thanked me and said something along the lines of them being surprised to hear that they have overseas fans. I think we should try to encourage them and their management might take notice!
>>
File: a5cbb979[1].jpg (427 KB, 639x852) Image search: [Google]
a5cbb979[1].jpg
427 KB, 639x852
>>8750722
If they do then they didn't share them.
>>
>>8750722
Just sign up for a twitter, it's free.
>>
File: nada.png (56 KB, 700x288) Image search: [Google]
nada.png
56 KB, 700x288
>>8751586
>>8745059
I came back from holiday now and I must have missed her deleting the account literally by a couple of hours. I meant to dump all her photos at least, but it was just not possible while on the go.

Fuck. :(
>>
>>8752120
Rip.
I hope she does something great, though. She's very talented and cute.
>>
File: 1a542a83[1].jpg (242 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
1a542a83[1].jpg
242 KB, 640x852
>>8752185
I've seen so many idols graduate in my life and I still don't know where most of them end up.
>>
>>8741314
And so it ends.

New group photo and new outfits, I guess.
>>
>>8755183
>>
File: mel.jpg (138 KB, 1009x836) Image search: [Google]
mel.jpg
138 KB, 1009x836
>>8755185
New website layout, too. I'm not overly impressed with it, but I guess it works.

Notice there is no English blurb as there was in the old site. I wonder if it just happened, or if it was a premeditated decision to show a subtle "fuck you" to foreign fans.

Ah, maybe I'm thinking too negatively. Well see when(ever) a new song is posted on YT and if it has English subs, I guess.
>>
>>8755183
it's sad seeing a photo of meltia without her.
>>
>>8755183
>>8755185
And now we officially have a center in the group too. I hope they don't start to unevenly distribute the lines, etc.

>>8755190
They haven't had subtitles on videos for awhile.

Beginning of the end I tell you!
>>
File: CVtN7-FU4AAVPLP.jpg (77 KB, 851x640) Image search: [Google]
CVtN7-FU4AAVPLP.jpg
77 KB, 851x640
>>8750128
Completely agree we should do this. Given the recent happenings with the website and no more subtitled videos, it makes me worried.

Regarding the con, which one should we target though?

Nadeshiko still posts on another twitter account luckily.
>>
File: orig[1].jpg (60 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
orig[1].jpg
60 KB, 512x512
One more new potato.
>>
does anyone know how to buy tickets to meltia's shows? I don't see a link on their event pages, so I'm assuming you just pay at door?
>>
>>8756247
Anon, which show were you looking to attend?
For their 1 man lives, you can purchase the ticket ahead of the time if you are interested in taking pictures. http://peatix.com/event/130242
Otherwise, you can just buy at the door. These lives are really small so you shouldn't have to worry about not getting a ticket (unless you arrive really late maybe.)
>>
>>8756289
thanks so much anon, i'm going to try for all their mid december shows! I was worried about not getting a seat.
>>
File: c50488f9-s.jpg (131 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
c50488f9-s.jpg
131 KB, 660x495
>>8756305
That makes me super happy! I'm not sure how well versed you are with idols, but I hope you don't mind me giving some advice. Past experience showed me how easy it is to lose your spaghetti.

You should bring a glow stick in the color of the girl you like. It will make them happy, but also your experience better too.

If you decide to do a polaroid with your favoriate, you can have a pose in mind to do with them. Otherwise they'll just pick one for you. Poses would just be like peace sign, hug, heart shape with hands, etc. Nadeshiko liked hugging girls. It was really cute.

Bring a gift for your favorite if you feel like (doesn't have to be expensive, even a card would be cool). It would make them super happy to see an enthusiastic foreigner as their fan and I am sure they would cherish it.
>>
>>8756346
this is great advice anon, thank you! mero is my favorite, so I assume I should bring pink? I'm going to wear her cut/colourway of cream cookie to one of their shows, super excitedd. I didn't know we're allowed to bring gifts though, that's actually really sweet!

do you know how I can check which shows will allow polaroids after? I've never been to a small idol show like this, only really big ones where it's in an arena.

I'll also make sure to ask them about publishing songs online if we get a chance to talk!
>>
>>8756362
Yes, bring a pink glow stick.

I'm actually having a hard time finding information for the shows and I can't moon very well. I need to retract my previous statement. While you can just buy the ticket on the day of, seems like there are perks to reserving ahead of time so I might suggest you to do it.

There's 4 shows scheduled this month so far -
12/12 - http://liveplus.asia/live/detail/20151212/ Meltia performs at 2:30 for 15 minutes (lol, wtf). They have a booth at Booth B at 3:45pm for 1 hour. You probably get to at least meet them, no idea if there is a polaroid. Perks to reserving, no clue what they are. Reservations on twitter. https://twitter.com/info_citrus/status/674114434713804800
12/15 - I see information on the internet about this show, but nothing on the Meltia twitter yet.
12/23 - No info. available yet
12/26 - http://lineblog.me/meltia/archives/49437039.html Should definitely have polaroids, but doesn't say the price. Definitely says that if you bring a friend that hasn't gone to a Meltia show before you will get a free polaroid though. You actually get benefits for reserving early. Benefits include a free signed Christmas card from Meltia. Also 5 randomly chosen people that reserved will get a Christmas present from a member. Reservations on twitter. https://twitter.com/info_citrus/status/674116978580176896

This took some time to research and unfortunately makes me sad that they're not making it easier for foreigners to come. What's more, it's really lacking in information too.. The word for polaroid is usually チェキ or 2ショット (different number for more members).
Keep checking their twitter for more updates since they tend to only post them a couple of days before the live.
Try to only give them their gift if you're for sure getting a polaroid because I think only then you can hand it to them personally.

You are doing god's work mentioning the songs thing.
Please let us know how it all goes, anon!
>>
File: CVxAs62VAAAzAFI.jpg_orig.jpg (126 KB, 883x1024) Image search: [Google]
CVxAs62VAAAzAFI.jpg_orig.jpg
126 KB, 883x1024
>>8755827
Better potato quality.
>>
>>8756362
Jelly of you anon, I really hope you enjoy it!
>>
>>8756787
why does Caty get the most simple outfit, lacking in details etc?
>>
File: large[1].jpg (67 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
67 KB, 852x640
>>8756805
She's too metal for that.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (71 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
71 KB, 640x852
>>8756362
Have fun!
>>
>>8756805
Caty has a really "boyish" character, so I think they style her more casually to reflect that.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (99 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
99 KB, 1024x768
>>8757555
That's what makes her best Meltia, now that Nadeshiko is gone.
>>
>>8759266
McDonalds so kawaii.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (30 KB, 579x574) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
30 KB, 579x574
>>8759278
>>
>>8759266
Haha, she's not my favorite, but Ruru is, so I think their friendship is the cutest thing.
>>
File: CQI-6GDUYAA42u0.jpg_large.jpg (90 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CQI-6GDUYAA42u0.jpg_large.jpg
90 KB, 1024x768
>>8759295
I think Caty and Ruru are the closest, and they hang out with Nade a lot too.

I'm not sure about the other girls, but Yura seems to be the outlier and hardly ever pops up in the others' posts.
>>
File: CWBt2FfUsAAjG4g.jpg_orig.jpg (49 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
CWBt2FfUsAAjG4g.jpg_orig.jpg
49 KB, 852x640
Fresh Nadeshiko to sustain you.
>>
File: orig[1].jpg (47 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
orig[1].jpg
47 KB, 640x852
All of their twitters are hardly active lately. :(
>>
File: CWOpHHNUkAA4lj1.jpg_orig.jpg (97 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
CWOpHHNUkAA4lj1.jpg_orig.jpg
97 KB, 960x1280
Smug.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (46 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
46 KB, 480x640
A Yura appears.
>>
>>8755326
>Regarding the con, which one should we target though?

A con that would bring over a small musical guest and one a lot of interested people would be at to go to their concert for. I imagine AX is too large of a con to care about them. Does Fanime do musical guests like them? I know Sakura Con has been pretty good about securing some pretty big musical groups.
>>
>>8768901
I wouldn't do fanime, the lolita presence is very low and the con is underwhelming at best. I think AX is a good option, a lot of lolitas attend and they can always use additional interesting programming. the other con I would suggest (if they get their shit together) would be PMX, since it's very jfash oriented. i know their target audience aren't just lolitas, but it'd be the safest audience to target in the us.

first and foremost, i think they need to release some music we can buy. the numbers will speak for themselves and will help convince cons to invite them over, among other things.
>>
>>8768901
When I went to AX a couple years ago, they had some no-name idol group at the fashion show with only three or so of their most diehard Japanese fans in the audience and barely anyone else at the event seemed to know who they were. I don't think it'd be a long shot for Meltia to pull that off, especially with their greater foreign fanbase through the connection they have to lolita fashion (their producer has even said she thinks they have more fans overseas than they do in Japan). Their staff just needs to play their cards right as far as filming a real music video, making their releases available digitally worldwide, etc. And budget well to afford it, of course.
>>
File: CWVjHJMVEAAkfjh.jpg_orig.jpg (174 KB, 956x890) Image search: [Google]
CWVjHJMVEAAkfjh.jpg_orig.jpg
174 KB, 956x890
A different kind of Melo.
>>
File: CWVjHJNVAAEw7bn.jpg_orig.jpg (99 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CWVjHJNVAAEw7bn.jpg_orig.jpg
99 KB, 1024x768
I don't suppose anyone has a list in which issues of which fashion mags did the girls appear? I know next to nothing about their modelling or other careers outside of Meltia.
>>
>>8769421
it's predominantly kera i think, but i can dig around for you when i'm back home. i only remember seeing melo for the most part.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (101 KB, 852x1024) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
101 KB, 852x1024
>>8769441
Thanks. I'll need to go through the few issues of Kera I have at home. I'm bad at keeping track of who does what.

Also, recent Nadeshiko with two of her besties. I'm so glad to see they still hang out together.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (50 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
50 KB, 640x852
Casual Princess day.
>>
File: caty.jpg (76 KB, 852x479) Image search: [Google]
caty.jpg
76 KB, 852x479
Why didn't anyone tell me Caty was in a youtube show? About vidya??

And where can I see more Caty dancing in a Justice For All shirt???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXF32L3o1s8
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcQUB9PqG0xkxEwdAppU63A
>>
File: large[1].jpg (87 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
87 KB, 1024x768
>>8773121
Ruru will be in the new episode, too.
>>
I'm glad Meltia is getting SOME exposure even if it seems like some obscure nerdy video cast thing.

Caty really shines at MC / talking.
>>
File: 87c6355d[1].jpg (946 KB, 1136x852) Image search: [Google]
87c6355d[1].jpg
946 KB, 1136x852
>>8774401
You make it sound like nerdy is a bad thing!
>>
>>8774406
It's not that bad, but Meltia's premise in the first place made it sound like it was made for girls. It would be better if they were doing something more with lolita brands.
>>
File: 279fff72-s[1].jpg (127 KB, 495x660) Image search: [Google]
279fff72-s[1].jpg
127 KB, 495x660
>>8774449
Ok.
>>
File: 6ae5bf78[1].jpg (433 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
6ae5bf78[1].jpg
433 KB, 960x720
http://lineblog.me/meltia/archives/50781149.html

Meltia Land Story, Part 1

I can't read Japanese and I wonder if this is worth my time trying to translate it.

It could be useful as a Japanese practice I suppose.
>>
>>8682519
Hey everyone. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but I have noticed that there has pretty much been a meltia dedicated thread for.... a really long time now. Out of interest I viewed the first thread when it appeared ages a go to see what it was...

Now this is where I am not trying to be a cunt. Is there really that much to talk about to require an almost continuous meltia thread?

I notice that it is their 1 year anniversary.. They still only have 3 songs from what I can see.. And nothing has really changed from when I looked at the first /mel/ thread ages ago. What the fuck do you guys actually talk about?
>>
No offense but it's kind of creepy how you guys obsess over a bunch of teenage girls anonymously. Some of the comments I've seen posted in this thread are just...uncomfortable. For all anyone knows, you're a bunch of creepy old men fetishizing young Lolitas.
>>
File: 279fff72[1].jpg (643 KB, 639x852) Image search: [Google]
279fff72[1].jpg
643 KB, 639x852
>>8775960
We keep track of cute lolitas doing cute things and we're spreading awareness of the group that really could use more popularity and recognition. There is no need to be upset.

>>8775968
And you just made the creepiest post in the history of this thread. Hide and ignore if it bothers you, but please don't bring your projections here.
>>
So when does operation comment the shit out of videos on youtube start?

What are the main points we should say in our comments?

Please sell your songs digitally asap pls?
>>
File: orig[1].jpg (124 KB, 913x922) Image search: [Google]
orig[1].jpg
124 KB, 913x922
>>8776133
Just make sure not to come across as obnoxious weebs.
>>
>>8775960
I have very little interest in idols but honestly I like these threads being about, it seems to encourage friendly and non-judgmental collab between cgl and jp whilst giving an insight of some actual context of lolita in niche Japanese media.
>>8775968
I'm a lolita and pop in now and again to see photos of cute idol friends having fun in cute outfits, if you don't like then just hide it the way I hide the countless skeevy "sexy cosplay" threads.
>>
>>8775933
Each member is telling little stories about the imaginary places they're from in the group. Aira is from "Ailand" where it's always night.

I've thought about translating their blog posts before, but I don't really have the dedication to maintain a Meltia Tumblr or something by myself. Hmm.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (73 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
73 KB, 852x640
>>8777908
Thanks!

I know of a few places that translate idol blogs, but they are focused on specific groups or agencies (Hellopro, AKB).

In any case, if you get to do it, please make it a "something", rather than tumblr, lol.
>>
>>8778665
Disagree, tumblrs are easy to maintain and follow.
>>
>>8768901
Brits, can we try to get hyper japan to bring them as guests?
>>
File: large[1].jpg (101 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
101 KB, 1024x576
5-nin Meltia will have lasted only this long - Caty is graduating end of January.

All of my What The Fuck.

>>8778888
>tumblrs are easy to maintain and follow
lol, no
>>
>>8779075
awww She was my favourite.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (36 KB, 479x479) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
36 KB, 479x479
>>8779079
Mine too. Took the spot after Nadeshiko graduated. :-x

I seriously don't know what to think, it's the fifth idol I cared about graduating in the space of 2 months.
>>
So, group disbandment when?

OK jokes aside, this is really damn sad.
>>
>>8779075
I feel really bad about this, if this is the way Meltia is going, they probably won't see the end of 2016. The managers are really dropping the ball on pushing their publicity, it's so frustrating. They're so talented and their songs are genuinely good.
>>
>>8779075
No!!
>>8779079
She's my favorite too. This is so disappointing.
>>
>>8779075
Oh my gosh NOOOO. I really wanted to meet Caty...
>>
File: orig[2].jpg (78 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
orig[2].jpg
78 KB, 640x852
>>8779106
Hardly feels like a joke considering all recent developments.

All girls frantically reassuring on twitter that LOL NO MELTIA IS NOT OVER doesn't strike much confidence in me either.

They seem to have fixated on doing lives whenever they can, but with most of them being the first 15-minute slot before like 10 other groups it feels more like regressing.

The management either gave up on them already and are just doing things by inertia, or they really don't know how to handle them.

Or, they have something "big" planned and are waiting to do the reveal, but every day works against them now.

>>8779203
Me too. Fug.
>>
File: orig[1].jpg (118 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
orig[1].jpg
118 KB, 1000x750
>tfw no kurisumasu kaado from Meltias in my stocking
>>
File: orig[1].jpg (47 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
orig[1].jpg
47 KB, 1024x576
Who will post all the random stuff when Caty is gone?
>>
File: 91fc94a5[1].jpg (594 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
91fc94a5[1].jpg
594 KB, 852x640
Either way, Merry Christmas thread.
>>
File: christmas-mero.jpg (499 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
christmas-mero.jpg
499 KB, 960x1280
hi /mel/, it's >>8756362 again. I got to talk to the group today- thanks so much for all the advice, it was really helpful!

It was a bit rushed since things were pretty busy, but I was able to express our international support and hope for them to come visit America sometime soon. I also asked about releasing music digitally for us to purchase, it seems this is already in the works for early next year!

Pic of excited Melo from the Christmas show (sorry for potato quality). Please support Meltia everyone!

>>8775960
I'm a lolita and I like having a place to discuss Meltia news and events with other lolitas without the creepy obsession factor (idol forums and jp are generally too much for me). This thread also helped me a bunch to navigate my way through idol culture (e.g. polaroids, live info, etc), so that's something pretty helpful for anyone interested in seeing them live in the future.
>>
>>8782860
That's great news! I'm so glad there's some hope, I really want to throw cash dollahs at them for studio singles.
>>
>>8782860
Aw anon, I really hope you had fun! I'm sure Meltia treated you well. Did you get a polaroid? How was the interaction with the girls? Don't feel obligated to answer.

Really glad to hear about them releasing music. I really want them to do well even though I'm sorta losing hope in the management. It's purely for supporting the remaining girls at this point. ;_;
>>
File: orig[1].jpg (64 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
orig[1].jpg
64 KB, 852x640
Guess who turned 19 today!
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 120x90) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 120x90
>>8774265
>>8773121
It's out now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKHfaNGhWTA
>>
File: large[1].jpg (82 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
82 KB, 640x852
Ruru a cute.
>>
File: b17bb950[1].jpg (374 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
b17bb950[1].jpg
374 KB, 1024x768
>>8782860
That's awesome! Please tell us more.

Did they seem uneasy at all with Nadeshiko gone and Caty soon to be gone, or was it business as usual?
>>
File: large[1].jpg (83 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
83 KB, 640x852
>>8788127
She really is!
>>
File: large[2].jpg (57 KB, 584x640) Image search: [Google]
large[2].jpg
57 KB, 584x640
How is 2016 treating you so far, /mel/?
>>
Happy new year, /mel/!

>>8783323
No worries, I'm happy to share! The girls are incredibly sweet and really energetic on stage. It was mostly girls attending the show, quite a few other fellow lolitas! I was lucky enough to get a polaroid too, Melo had the longest line by far though. The turnout must have been better than they expected, as they ran out of christmas cards to give out (I ended up giving my spot away to another younger attendee who didn't get a card).

I have to say Caty was the most fun to talk to, she's quite funny and expressive in person. I'm going to be really heartbroken to see her graduate, but hopefully it means bigger things in her future.

>>8789603
If they were feeling uneasy, it didn't show- they were very cheerful and everything seemed normal. I think Caty wore a hat from Nadeshiko after the show, so there doesn't seem to be any animosity from her departure if that's the case. I do wish I was able to meet Nadeshiko too ;-;!
>>
File: orig[1].jpg (26 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
orig[1].jpg
26 KB, 640x360
Meltia '16 feels so small...
>>
File: orig[1].jpg (50 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
orig[1].jpg
50 KB, 640x852
A Ruru a day keeps the sadness away.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (94 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
94 KB, 750x1000
Yurayura Wednesday~
>>
>>8775968
is this bait because if /jp/ saw this thread they'd consider every single post pure.

/jp/ is where the real creepy men are
>>
File: large[1].jpg (66 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
66 KB, 852x640
>>8799844
Either poor bait or someone very uninformed. Not worth getting worked up about anyway.

Two live appearances on the weekend!

1月9日(土)
『JUMP POP FES~2016年スタートSP』 会場:TOKYO FM HAL

1月10日(日)
『アイドルフェス in 秋葉原映画祭』 会場:TwinBoxGARAGE

Their time slot is literally 10 minutes at both...
>>
File: 86bc5037.jpg (51 KB, 563x750) Image search: [Google]
86bc5037.jpg
51 KB, 563x750
A homeless idol approaches you. What do you do?
>>
>>8779075
>Caty is graduating end of January.
Seconding that Meltia is probably going to be dead by the end of the year. Really depressing, this is the only idol group I've ever wanted to keep up with.
>>
Melo did a makeup tutorial.
https://youtu.be/Ut6XgFjxNUM
>>
Unless they're going to make some big changes, I can't imagine Meltia surviving 2016.
The most popular member graduated, and another popular one is about to do so as well.

They still don't have songs up for purchase and I still stand by my point that they really need some sort of MV.
>>
>>8804625
I'm so excited about the stream! I know it's only about 15 minutes (if that, probably more like 10), but it's something!
>>
File: CYRPjBxUEAARdJT.jpg (61 KB, 639x645) Image search: [Google]
CYRPjBxUEAARdJT.jpg
61 KB, 639x645
>>8804615
I hate to correct you anon because I generally agree and I don't see the group lasting much longer.

But Nadeshiko was not the most popular member - maybe 2nd or 3rd.

Caty is by far the most unpopular. See >>8727771
During the polaroid event I was at, Caty was constantly taking a break due to no one coming to take a picture with her. It was sad. And for the people that did come, she gave them ample time.

It's taking them so damn long to put songs for purchase, but this anon >>8782860 said it's in the works.

>>8804490
Mero looks so cute naturally. Pretty sure this make up would not translate so well on my face.I watched a lot of these videos on this channel though. What's with the amount of them applying make up with fingers including eye shadow?!

GUYS, it's not much, but it looks like there's a live stream of one of their shows.
1月10日秋葉原映画祭ライブの後にニコ動生放送
『地下でアイドルLIVE in 秋葉原映画祭』出演!
http://live.nicovide...tch/lv245705454
17:50~出演予定です!
登録して見てください!
We should all watch. A small chance to support them (even if it isn't monetary).
>>8804626
(Sorry anon, I deleted my previous post because I linked a wrong post). But yeah I'm super excited too!
>>
>>8804627
I keep fucking up, sorry. Here's the correct link.
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv245705454
>>
>>8804627
Sorry, I had the idea that Nadeshiko was the most popular for some reason.

But yeah, it's really sad since I love the concept, it's actually cute and not just 'cute' but very catering to a certain crowd.
But there's no way to support them as overseas fans, and only being able to watch some lives doesn't bring them far.
>>
File: orig[1].jpg (67 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
orig[1].jpg
67 KB, 640x852
Oharuru~
>>
File: orig[1].jpg (93 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
orig[1].jpg
93 KB, 750x1000
Being lolita idol is hard work...

>>8804629
>http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv245705454

So, did anyone watch?
>>
>>8806969
I fell asleep late and didn't wake up in time, I'm sad about it, I would've liked to see it.
>>
>>8806969
I totally forgot about it..
Damn. Worse Meltia fan ever ;_;

Wondering if I should pay for the premium membership because I did ask for it to be timeshifted..
>>
Ruru's sister is a lolita too!

>>8806995
>Wondering if I should pay for the premium membership because I did ask for it to be timeshifted..
Do it anon. You know you want to.
>>
File: CYUuy1gUkAAtphV.jpg_orig.jpg (109 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
CYUuy1gUkAAtphV.jpg_orig.jpg
109 KB, 640x852
>>8809241
Forgot my pic.
>>
Hey /mel/

I found out about Meltia through the Kawaii Pateen channel that a few anons have linked above and I'm one of the converted \o/

There's a playlist for all the Meltia videos too
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7k_Q9ypWTRJTCgNIF0cuQFtgdVDkz9fk

They're a lot of fun and it's so nice to have a Lolita idol group to support

>>8782860
It's great to hear that they have digital distribution planned. I searched all over recochoku, line music and itunes for them hoping to see something uploaded, hopefully they release it somewhere accessible for people outside Japan.
>>
>>8809242
>>8806969
>>8805517
>>8804138
>>8801989
>>8799779
>>8796942
>>8795356
>>8792618
>>8790837
>>8789603
>>8788127
>>8784168
>>8784970
>>8782099
>>8780994
>>8780992
>>8780226
>>8772193
>>8769418
>>8767896
>>8766049
>>8763947
>>8761808

This thread is so off topic it hurts. Discussion about the members' dresses and fashion is one thing, but 80% of this is just selfie spam and off topic speculation about the girls. Any thread devoted to discussing a cosplayer or lolita's private life would get pruned immediately, why is this still around?
>>
File: 4u.jpg (15 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
4u.jpg
15 KB, 640x360
>>8809836
Because they are fun lolita idols to follow, they have cute songs, they are inspirational and can be used as role models, they are promoting the fashion in various media, and they are reaching out to the Western audiences.

If you don't like the thread then hide and ignore it. And go be salty somewhere else.
>>
>>8809836
Imagine being this autistic.
>>
>Just getting into Meltia
>Find out that group is now down to just four members
>Probably won't last the end of this year
This is a pain unlike any I've ever felt. Lend them your strength, seagulls.
>>
File: CXepiotUMAEMDOJ.jpg (66 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
CXepiotUMAEMDOJ.jpg
66 KB, 768x1024
>>8809961
I'm sorry anon - you know our struggle to support Meltia. I hope your favorite wasn't Nadeshiko or Caty otherwise I truly mourn for you.

Let's fangirl together until the end.
>>
File: CQ6gEtzUsAAwxlE.jpg_large.jpg (62 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CQ6gEtzUsAAwxlE.jpg_large.jpg
62 KB, 1024x768
>>8810298
I had like 5 of my favourite idols graduate on me in the last 4 months, including 2 from Meltia. I'm kinda starting to lose count.
>>
File: CYrbpKRUoAABeL6.jpg_orig.jpg (119 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
CYrbpKRUoAABeL6.jpg_orig.jpg
119 KB, 852x640
Look who went to hang out together again today!
>>
>>8810298
What are some ways that are good to support Meltia?
Anons have been saying there's nothing we can buy. Is making fan art good? I don't know how to wota
>>
File: CYrfkDRUMAANJ0a.jpg_orig.jpg (109 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
CYrfkDRUMAANJ0a.jpg_orig.jpg
109 KB, 768x1024
>>8812941
Yeah fanart sounds like a good idea. Just make sure to post it to them on their twitters so they can actually see it.

Drop hints that you'd like to buy their releases, just try not to be obnoxious with it.

If you can pull it off then cosplay them and also post pics to them. Or just say something like "this was inspired by your outfit blah blah". Some of them often post their makeup tips on twitter, so you could show you tried it too.

Basically engage with them and keep showing them there is interest.
>>
File: large[2].jpg (126 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
large[2].jpg
126 KB, 960x1280
What's going on here?
>>
File: [email protected] (15 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
main@2x.png
15 KB, 240x240
>>8815309
Kiki and Lala? That's really cute. Wonder if it's for a Kawaii Pateen video.
>>
File: CY1EJCnVAAANie6.jpg_orig.jpg (60 KB, 881x620) Image search: [Google]
CY1EJCnVAAANie6.jpg_orig.jpg
60 KB, 881x620
Hahaha, oh wow, this picture. I never thought I'd see that. But on a second thought Caty totally seems like she could be best friends with Rei.

If you don't get it, this is Caty with Ladybaby. If you don't know Ladybaby then I'll just leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8-vje-bq9c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zWwd8n2JVI

>>8815661
I think it's for another Girlism issue, but might be wrong.
>>
File: melo.jpg (47 KB, 603x293) Image search: [Google]
melo.jpg
47 KB, 603x293
Melo saying she got fan letters from USA and Taiwan? I hope it's true. Please notice us senpai.
Can't moon, but I hope Google translate is right.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (18 KB, 641x361) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
18 KB, 641x361
>>8819559
That's pretty damn amazing! Whoever did it did a good job.
>>
>>8819559
How do you send fanmail? Just to the company that reps them?
Such a cute idea
>>
>>8819559
>>8823891
It wasn't traditional fanmail per se, her tweet said that people from the US and Taiwan came directly to their live events and gave them those letters in person.
>>
>>8823936
It's still something and at least they are seeing foreigner support. Wonder if one of them was the anons here.
>>
File: CZU3y8YU8AAJqPI.jpg (88 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
CZU3y8YU8AAJqPI.jpg
88 KB, 852x640
>mfw fav member graduating in 6 days
>mfw too busy to even check twitters lately
>>
>>8832688
Damn, when did she get so pretty? Hope she goes on to great things.
>>
>>8832702
>implying she wasn't always pretty
>>
>>8834940
She's usually cute in a little kid sort of way to me, but she looks more mature here and it's nice.
>>
File: CZoVUMBWAAET0Ls.jpg (80 KB, 599x798) Image search: [Google]
CZoVUMBWAAET0Ls.jpg
80 KB, 599x798
>>8835354
It's okay anon. I just wanted to imply some implications for the sake of it.
>>
File: CZx5H10WQAI2-XS.jpg large.jpg (30 KB, 890x697) Image search: [Google]
CZx5H10WQAI2-XS.jpg large.jpg
30 KB, 890x697
Why does she hurt me so...
>>
File: CZ23iZeW0AMUdOf.jpg large.jpg (38 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CZ23iZeW0AMUdOf.jpg large.jpg
38 KB, 1024x768
>>8836454
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
>>
File: CZohL4KWcAAH4Fh.jpg large.jpg (33 KB, 640x438) Image search: [Google]
CZohL4KWcAAH4Fh.jpg large.jpg
33 KB, 640x438
How much would you pay for a piece of signed archival quality artist's limited edition print of Caty Tambo's art?
>>
>>8835354
She really is looking great and she was the personality of the group. Real shame to see her leave.
>>
File: CaAXH74UcAAmcwD.jpg large.jpg (84 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
CaAXH74UcAAmcwD.jpg large.jpg
84 KB, 1024x680
Sadness.
>>
File: CaC6nYGUEAA_jsG.jpg large.jpg (92 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CaC6nYGUEAA_jsG.jpg large.jpg
92 KB, 1024x768
Meltia is dead, long live Meltia.
>>
File: CaC7xwnVIAA6Ic-.jpg large.jpg (77 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CaC7xwnVIAA6Ic-.jpg large.jpg
77 KB, 1024x768
The end.
>>
File: CaDFoCZUUAAFYiG.jpg large.jpg (92 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
CaDFoCZUUAAFYiG.jpg large.jpg
92 KB, 852x640
Teamwork.
>>
File: CaKdJJDUYAMIm9T.jpg large.jpg (74 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
CaKdJJDUYAMIm9T.jpg large.jpg
74 KB, 640x852
Rise and shine, /mel/!
>>
>>8840507
>those tear-filled eyes

Just fuck my shit up, senpai.
>>
File: CaPr3YFUEAI85Xi.jpg large.jpg (65 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
CaPr3YFUEAI85Xi.jpg large.jpg
65 KB, 640x852
>>8843969
I know that feel.

Caty got a new tsuittaa, but I wonder if it won't be much radio silence as it is with Nade. After all, all the daily posts are a part of their job.

Meanwhile, more Ruru. Oharuru.
>>
>>8840507
goodbye Caty. I'll miss you.
>>
>>8840507
:(
>>
File: CaYBfoTVIAANkmu.jpg large.jpg (114 KB, 949x995) Image search: [Google]
CaYBfoTVIAANkmu.jpg large.jpg
114 KB, 949x995
>>8846633
>>8847038
But now she has all the time in the world to walk her rabbit!
>>
>>8848101
Walk your rabbit Caty, walk it and know your overseas fans wish you all the best.
>>
File: CaaxwWTUMAAGbcP.jpg large.jpg (70 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
CaaxwWTUMAAGbcP.jpg large.jpg
70 KB, 640x852
Ruru is working hard to fill the void left by Caty and Nade. [spoiler]I guess she's my new favourite among the remaining meltias.[/spoiler]
>>
File: CUzlliIUwAAsoF7.jpg (99 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CUzlliIUwAAsoF7.jpg
99 KB, 600x600
Looks like former member Emirin is in a different idol group called 81moment. She is the one with brown short hair.
Her twitter is here - https://twitter.com/haruemi822

Kinda lost respect for her (or maybe it's her management), a lot of her pictures look like wota bait..

I hold out hope that maybe Caty and Nade will join other groups too ;_;
>>
File: 1434972424110.jpg (93 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1434972424110.jpg
93 KB, 400x267
Why so many of them are graduating? Do they left because they think this group is not successful enough? Is Meltia really dead?
>>
File: jphip23629.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
jphip23629.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
>>8849971
I kinda lost all hope and faith in humanity when one of my faves quit her idol group and went ahead to do porn.

>a lot of her pictures look like wota bait
>or maybe it's her management
Of course it's her management. Don't ever belive that anything that happens in idol world is spontaneous or authentic or not otherwise made up and approved by the management.

>>8850540
It is/was probably just a side job for them. It's too low profile and too unprofitable to be thought as much more than that.

I don't know why exactly they quit, if they just got over it or if they figured some other group will give them a better shot at a larger career, but whatever Meltia's management is doing they are sure not helping it grow big in the last like 9 months.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 151

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.