[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Queens Commerce vs Western Ivey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: ttc.jpg (139 KB, 1024x735) Image search: [Google]
ttc.jpg
139 KB, 1024x735
Queens BCom or Western Ivey for business in Canada? I just sent in my application in November and I just got a conditional offer to Western for Science (Actuarial Science) and Medical Science (Microbiology and Immunology), as well as Management and Organizational Studies (Social Science). I'm still waiting for a Queens Acceptance though, and I'm still writing my essays for it.

For the Canadafags, what would you pick? I want to get into Consulting more than IBanking, but I like them pretty much 50/50, so I just don't know what to pick. I really like the Queens Campus its way better than Western, and Queens has 3 Bloomberg Terminals so you can watch the market live. I'm just not sure about Queens international prestige, I know Western has it beat, but does it really matter? I'm going to definitely be in the top 15%-10% of the class, so if that helps, then yay!

By the way, both schools will cost me around $160k Canadian over 4 years.
>>
Brock University's Sports Management or Pop Culture are both excellent programs.
>>
>>998528
>By the way, both schools will cost me around $160k Canadian over 4 years.

Why pay for that for marginally better prestige? Do you realize how much work paying that all off will be? What are you even spending money on... Tuition + Residence/living expenses is no where near that.

Anyway I'd suggest Laurier BBA, pretty good program at an otherwise subpar school but the major benefits over other schools are over 90% placement rate for CO-OP if you get in and significantly cheaper tuition along with more scholarships/grants.
>>
>>999163
Are you a Laurier grad? I'm currently a first year in the comp sci double degree, have any advice for coop and classes and such?
>>
>>999302
>have any advice for coop and classes and such?

What's your GPA right now? Do your absolute best to get a good GPA so you get into co-op and from there on it's smooth sailing with a good placement.

Network, join some clubs that interest you/are relevant to your major(maybe even start a club if you have a good idea but it doesn't exist), in terms of courses... pick the ones that interest you the most because they will be easier for you and more interesting. Don't just pick bird courses because "lol it's easy".
>>
>>999314
Right now I have a 10 overall and in the BU courses. I don't exactly have much of a choice for electives considering my double major, but I'm not one of those people who yoink bird courses for shits.

Although fuck, I never thought about making a club. That sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>999325
Good enough GPA.

Yeah join a few clubs and maybe an intramural sport.

How are you liking it so far? Have you been hitting up Phil's?
>>
>>998528
>Queens has 3 Bloomberg Terminals
LOL 3 Bloomberg Terminals?

UBC has 9 (NINE) Bloomberg Terminals. Stay mad Ontario-fags.
>>
>>999343
>Have you been hitting up Phil's?
Still 18 without a fake, though I've heard it's fuckin great
>>
>>999359
>UBC has 9 (NINE) Bloomberg Terminals. Stay mad Ontario-fags.

How's that >50% Chinese population treating you in Vancouver lmao

How are those $3million 1 000sq foot homes?
>>
>>999359
>using Bloomberg Terminals as a proxy for school quality.

kek
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.