[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uber driving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: uber-logo.png (147 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
uber-logo.png
147 KB, 3200x1800
Here's an idea /biz/

Thinking about getting a car completely dedicated to Uber driving. I know there are costs involved like maintenance and insurance but I think it might be viable as a side gig for extra fuck off cash. Not to mention I like the idea of working whenever i want if I feel bored after work, might as well try and make some money.

What's /biz/s opinion?
>>
It's decent, but not great money.

And you must live in the city.

You can make $12hr - $15hr after expenses.
>>
>>997600
Like I said it's just messing around money. Don't expect to retire off of it.
>>
You from Jersey?
>>
It generally sucks. I bought a car for it a 2009 lancer for 5k

Now i wish i had not. What im doin now is made my first website. Gonna do amazon affiliate marketing.
>>
>>997582
Don't. after expanses you'll realized you've been kiked and wasted time in literally a minimum wage job
>>
>>997582

Hmmm...

I like where this is going.

Why not, instead, buy an alright used vehicle that you can afford without the extra cash and rent it out to a person that doesn't want to damage their own vehicle or doesn't have a sufficient vehicle to begin work.

That way, no matter how much they make in a day, they owe you for the week/month. Just be sure to charge enough rent to cover the insurance. I'm sure there's quite a few ways to make a profit here.
>>
>>997582

I do lyft and really only make money on long trips and tips.

Short rides are shitty as fuck and just are a waste of time.
>>
>>999247
really that's the opposite of cabs. Because of the meter drop.
>>
Most drivers rent cars and just do it full time. It seriously only works in cities and honestly its just luck to get great rides.
>>
Since I'm going to be commuting to university I just found a few guys and girls going to the same university using the universities ride sharing facebook page and now I am guaranteed to get $10 / seat, 16 times a week, for most of the year... So an extra $600 or so a month for doing nothing basically.

I live in a big city, multi million people, so it works well
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.