[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Execution
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: RSDtyler.jpg (131 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
RSDtyler.jpg
131 KB, 800x600
I don't need more creativity because I already have hundreds of "million dollar ideas" I haven't executed on.
Ideas are nothing, execution is everything.

You ALL already know how to be pimps, how to be millionaires, how to be jacked.

The issue is most people are not DOING it.

The path of entrepreneurship is training yourself day in and day out to execute on those hundreds of ideas you haven't actually done.

The most annoying things I ever hear are consultants who want to give me "ideas" or "strategy"..... shut the fuck up with your ideas and strategies and give me ONE FUCKING MAN who can execute the damned basics.

It's so funny because the latest "trend" in business is these guys who want to come to me and have me pay them huge salaries to give "ideas and strategy" and then none of them want to execute it, they all want to "delegate" the heavy lifting... nobody wants to do heavy lifting anymore they want to navel gaze and talk philosophy while some other executer goes and does their work for them... and then give them the credit since they're just "grunts" and not the true genius idea person.

But the truth is you can get any of these ideas out of a book or video within a few hours, the hard part is the weeks and years of focus to IMPLEMENT them.

I don't sit around wanting more ideas... I want less, because they are "productive procrastination"... coming up with ideas is a way to rationalize procrastinating doing the boring bullshit that will ACTUALLY produce a result.

Again we all ALREADY know how to become millionaires... everyone reading this knows it, but so few people are DOING it... and getting high to come up with ideas is like the hyper-version of that drive to procrastinate and tell yourself a story that you're moving forward.

I focus on disciplining myself to do the most boring tasks possible... the ones that actually make things happen.

Focus on the basics.... 80 - 90% of results come from the "boring basics" that almost nobody is ACTUALLY doing.
>>
Tripping your balls off and having billion dollar ideas is fun and exciting.... really getting rich is boring and monotonous, because you're executing on those basics that everyone else thinks they're above doing.

Basics, basics, basics...
>>
File: sfdg.gif (2 MB, 480x200) Image search: [Google]
sfdg.gif
2 MB, 480x200
>>997232
>>997233
Sounds like you fried your brain tripping your balls off

Execution inst hard because its boring, its hard because its expensive.
>>
thanks tyler
>>
>>997232
Ty based Owen
>>
File: 1427594889631.jpg (65 KB, 594x594) Image search: [Google]
1427594889631.jpg
65 KB, 594x594
>>997232
How can you learn "execution"
>inb4 just go out and do it
yeah but how can you prepare yourself for that part
how does one execute a good business idea?
>>
I can't execute if I don't know how to become a millionaire
>>
>>997233
What are the basics??
>>
>>997232
The issue is that doing the basics is extremely difficult. If you execute flawlessly on the basics for 5 or 10 years, you're going to be incredibly successful. It's hard to do. But you're right in that worrying about this other stuff is a waste of time.
>>
>>997691
You have to figure it out. One of the reasons life is hard is that you have to figure it out.
>>
Hey Riley
>>
>>997232
to be rich you need a pinstripe suit and a fruit bowl of baking soda.
>>
>The path of entrepreneurship is training yourself day in and day out to execute on those hundreds of ideas you haven't actually done.
What, specifically, do you do to "train" yourself?
>>
Thank you OP.
I am convinced the most intelligent businessmen are people who deliberately started what we can call the "great seconds".
Pepsi, Google, Burger King, Under armour, Lamborghini, airbus etc...

Those businesses are virtually identical to their great rivals. Some even surpassed them --Google against yahoo for ex.
>>
>>997232
>>997694
yes, waht are the basics even?
>>
>>997232
>x is good
>y is bad
this is the wrong mentality

ideas are good, the more ideas the better because you can rank your ideas by risk and reward and hone in on the really good ones, but of course it is all useless if you can't execute it properly

it should be more like a calculation, figuring out what to do, what to take a chance on, less "x is good, y is bad" and more y=x^2, if you want y, start squaring x
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.