[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cart software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 1449826118323.jpg (192 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
1449826118323.jpg
192 KB, 576x576
What is /biz using for their self-hosted cart software of choice?

Magento is slow af and uses a very old framework, prestashop needs modules that cost £200+ to make it useful, opencart is barely of beta quality.

Ideas? I will not pay for a service in the cloud. My customers, my data, and will not pay for another company to make use of it!
>>
No idea but also interested
>>
Ever considered building your website with WordPress? They have good eCommerce plugins. I've always built websites in WordPress for small businesses because it's easy to use, simple to make edits, and has a ton of support.
>>
>>996940
You're probably referring to woo commerce. I'm going to be needing some growth ability so it probably rules out wc, and wordpress needs constant updating to be secure.
>>
>>996855
Shopify?
>>
>>996855
>not using shopify
>worrying about this bullshit for literally no fucking reason

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>997050
Only thing that's left if OP excludes so many other eCommerce solutions.

What do you mean with growth ability? How many customers are we talking about?
>>
>>997078
The downside to shopify is the fixed % you have to pay + the themes that all look the same.
>>
>>997078
uhm, it has to be "self-hosted"
>>
>>997079
it isn't just about the quantity, but wanting to offer other features. using wp as a base I don't think is viable for more than a small amount of products,
>>
File: 1450039855996.jpg (45 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
1450039855996.jpg
45 KB, 620x413
>>996855
You can speed magento up as a matter of fact.
Google it
>>
The only good way is to write it yourself.
>>
>>997188
you kinda can't.

>>997191
juniour devs get stuck in that "i can do it myself better" mentality
>>
You are right in not choosing Magento. It's a joke software. All positive reviews are due to confirmation bias, as in 'I've spent aeons mastering this piece of shit, it must be ok".

I am going with WooCommerce myself. All software needs to be updated regularly, at least Wordpress will tell you when it is time to update, and it is usually a 1 minute process.

Wordpress is actually outstanding. It has gone way past its humble origins as a blog platform.
>>
>>997573
I have a woocommerce store, don't make much money with it though. But I still value the experience.
>>
>>997191
I wrote my own too. Kind of got derailed when Google Checkout was shuttered. Most of these APIs, Google doubly so, have piss poor documentation.

>>997238
Beats the dopey devs who piddle around forever trying to warp a half-baked framework to do what they want and still fail to accomplish anything.
>>
>>997637
so, an insecure self-written shop is better than one which has been locked down by multiple pros? you sound incredibly noobish. most frameworks have solved the problems you want to charge a client to solve again. isn't that half-baked.
>>
>>997896
Here we go again, the only-other-people-know-how-to-write-software-and-never-ever-make-bugs excuse for not knowing how to code.
>>
>>998045
i'm a professional software developer of double digit years. you sound butthurt. someone who said they "kind of got derailed" and blamed it on something else.
>>
woo commerce with membership and subscriptions extensions is ~ $350. that's near the price of prestashop
>>
>>997637
also, you do realise magento was built on one of those "half-baked" frameworks, called zend framework.
>>
>>998125
WooCommerce Membership
Subscriptio - WooCommerce Subscriptions

28$ and 36$
both by RightPress on codecanyon and you can save a bunch of money.
>>
>>996940

No professional in this world worth their weight in salt uses WordPress.

OP to answer your question Magento is really your only option here. The other options are going to cost a whole lot more than Add-ons.
>>
>>998062
After the ordeal that was Google Checkout, and having it shut down as soon as it started working, I lost interest.

Again, calling yourself a pro doesn't make you a pro. You're a non-programming programmer. Stop stifling others just because you can't do anything yourself.
>>
>>998180
? Isn't codecanyon cheap outsourced indian addons?
>>
>>998205
see, magento has a damn awful codebase, that's why it's so slow and is why i'm reluctant to use it.
>>
>>998981
dude, this is a biz board, not a butthurt board. go be butthurt elsewhere. others are interested in making money here and not watching you try to big yourself up.
>>
I mean you could just maybe make it yourself?
>>
>>999445
Faggot, this is biz. You don't know shit about making money and anybody coming here to ask for advice is already fucked.
>>
>>996855
OP, your real hurdle isn't what garbage PHP cart software you use (just learn enough HTML/CSS to put your own theme on it), it's driving traffic to your website in the first place.
>>
>>996855
Have you looked at X-Cart? It's an open source PHP system.
>>
>>999638
> you need customers to buy your stuff.
Well, shiiiiiit!
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.