[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VIP access startup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4038x2512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4038x2512
Hi guys just want your opinion on a startup idea i had. Nit pick the shit out of it I want to know how bad it is.

I'm pretty much going to offer VIP access to major clubs, parties and events in return for a yearly fee. I'm going to approach venues and event organisers directly and offer them 50% of the earnings from the members that go to their events in return for them giving them VIP access, free drinks, backstage visits etc etc, everything normies want. I make the club extremely exclusive and only open membership once or twice a month. Charge around $2-400/year

thoughts?
>>
>>996681
How are you going to connect with the right people in the industry?

They don't just give that access out. There's stiff competition, and I'm sure alot of it is below the deck because it's a cash-in-hand business. Basically you're going to be washing money for criminals.
>>
>>996681
2-400 is stupidly low to me. think about it.
you're giving up half the money to clubs, which means about 200 (max) per customer goes to the club. for all the shit they get (every day of the year!!!) the customers should be paying way more. i can't imagine a club would want to do this for so little money, if at all.

it's a good idea, essentially applying the all-you-can-eat subscription model to clubs and venues. idk if clubs, or people, though, will want to go for it
>>
>>996681

>extremely exclusive
>open once or twice per MONTH

Yeah, a two week waiting time sounds really exclusive.
>>
>>996681
firstly this isn't a 'startup' it is a small business

it is also something that has been tried by plenty of people before - you'll get some some clubs/bars let your members skip the queue etc.. but the idea of VIP access etc.. is likely flawed - you're not going to be paying enough... you're collecting a couple of hundred a year so you've got a hundred or so to spend per member... divide that among a bunch of clubs you're essentially proposing to pay a club a few dollars per member to let them in the VIP area... fuck off basically

added to that your membership will be mostly males who otherwise have trouble getting into those areas - i.e. exactly the sort of customers these clubs don't want

hot girls have no need for this sort of scheme neither doe men who pay hundreds for bottle service - why the fuck would any big club would want your membership list of students and NEETS to pile up at their venues, affect the male/female ratio and not spend anything?

unless you're able to somehow supply mostly hot girls to these venues then there is no point
>>
>>996681
Already a thing. Slightly different business model, but it was on Shark Tank. That person was also very familiar with the club scene, and it appears that you skew woefully in the other direction, OP.
>>
Riley pls
>>
thx senpai this was what i needed, I've realised its probs not the best idea. Thanks for your input
>>
Fantastic idea if you're trying to clean criminal money. But the numbers are way off and clubs/events are decentralized as shit. It would be like herding cats.

This would be a better idea executed by a chain of clubs or a group of clubs within a city owned by the same group where everyone could be kept on the same page with minimal effort/communication.
>>
File: 1449586915968.jpg (45 KB, 960x770) Image search: [Google]
1449586915968.jpg
45 KB, 960x770
>>996681
>I make the club extremely exclusive
that implies you want to cater to extremely rich people
>Charge around $2-400/year
Why would clubs give a way vip passes for 100$ pr pers per year? The whole point with vip is so that you can get people who will spend large amounts of money. If any regular joe that goes clubbing more than 2-3 times a year has a vip pass then the whole idea of vip is meaningless.

The only way this idea would make any sense is if you knew lots of rich people, but i guess you dont do that do you?
>>
>>996681
200 per customer they'll laugh at you, unless your list is 1000 hot chicks.
That's what they make normally. Their population is limited by the fire marshall. They need high density of cash spenders.

Most clubs already have table service. It averages $500 a night for a table and a bottle or two, at midrange clubs.

You want to do this for an entire year, for less than they make friday a night.
and you want to revenue share with multiple clubs so that 200 gets split up between all your hosts.

Double your price and add a 0.
$4000 sounds about right for average hosts. For Premium clubs 40k sounds more in their ballpark.

Unless you're a midwest fag who's never seen a real operation in his life.
>>
>>996681

This is not a bad idea.

But you may want to look around on Google and call some people up, because I think this idea or similar has been done in a few places.

I would go higher end though. Like $500 - $1,000 a year and the person gets access to tons of cool shit: back stage at concerts, VIP at bars and clubs, special events, etc...
>>
>>998261

This is true.

There are clubs in Miami that cost $1000 just to get in the door
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.