[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
career advice for 18 yearold
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1449273853914.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1449273853914.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
I want to get my foot in the door in an industry with a lot of opportunity for career advancement. I am a highschool graduate without a college education at the moment but intentions to do so in the next 5-10 years as I settle down with my girlfriend (and hopefully future wife)

Currently I need to be making above minimum wage by atleast a few dollars and not in an absolutely humiliating position. Where should I start looking? I was thinking the hotel industry...

any other general advice is greatly appreciated
>>
Don't get married.
>>
>>996636
Study Computer Engineering and Applied Mechanics and create a robot to replace your girlfriend. Best way to be financially successful imo.
>>
>>996637
>>996639
>giving up the fundamental purpose of life that is to find a partner that makes you happy and reproduce so you can make more money

shiggy ma diggy
>>
>>996636
Post an email I'll message you from my work email asking for your info. Monday I'll have a recruiter call you for a solar sales job where, as long as you work your ass off, you'll earn $100k+ easy. Be willing to move if we don't have an office near you and as long as you making $200k+ you'll move up fast.
>>
>>996665
poor bait. if I was 18 and making half of what you just said, I would be on national news, oprah, ellen...

Im a young man seeking business related advice on a business related subforum am I really asking too much
>>
>>996643
Holy shit brah, your future is looking pretty fucked. May I suggest the excellent forum /r/TheRedPill to get your life on track. It isn't too late.
>>
>>996669
my girlfriend is pre med she is the best investment I have made in my life all I need to do is ride it out until shes working in a hospital with a triple digit salary.
>>
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 2048x1536
>>996668
That's why you don't make paychecks like these
>>
>>996672
what business does an 18 yearold have in a sales manager position
>>
>>996678
You cant manage your own sales?
Never mind you'll waste everyone's time.
>>
>>996680
you're wasting my time as we speak im here for advice not to give up my personal information to a random anon on a japanese dog breeding forum
>>
>>996684
You're destined for the poor life my friend. I wish you the best.
Prove me wrong.
>>
File: 0t5IWJf.gif (2 MB, 360x245) Image search: [Google]
0t5IWJf.gif
2 MB, 360x245
>>996671
>triple digit salary
>>
>>997071
Kek

Also OP career advice and marriage are both going to come down to you running the numbers and determining a path based on risk and reward.

Statistically speaking, you're more likely to lose than you are to win when it comes to getting married. Do you want a degree field with a 50% unemployment rate?

Get married if you want, but don't long those "hoverboard" segways and bitch that didn't work out.
>>
>>996686
How much would you say sales is a young man's game? Can you transition into it at any time?
>>
>>996671
>my girlfriend is pre med
kek

You know how many 18 year olds say they're going to become a doctor? At least half.

If you think your girlfriend is a good investment because she's premed while she probably hasn't even taken bio 1 yet, you're retarded.
>>
>>996643
>.
>>
>>996643
>reproduce so you can make more money
>>
>>997083
I'd say it's about your personality & charisma. As a young sales professional there are some older clients who are harder to close because they don't trust the younger generation. But even the younger generation trusts the older one.

Really depends on what you're selling though desu. I'm in financials.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.